• The Lindley Group

Votes: 66 84.6%
  • Sodexo

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sodexo were the caterers at my old workplace canteen and they were absolutely awful. Cold, inedible food and consistently running out. Can't remember the name of the company that took over from them, but the improvements were tremendous. People actually started eating in the canteen again. Just showed what a big difference good caterers could make.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sodexo are the contractors at a number of hospitals and most of them are heavily criticised. I do not buy food at The Amex as I think generally it is over priced and poor quality, pies included and represent VFM. I have also decided not to stay and have more than 1 drink after the game and go back into Brighton or Lewes to have a few so perhaps many other people are doing the same judging by the posting on the other thread about the North Stand at 6.00pm.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
About a dozen of us used to meet up prior to the game for a pie and a pint! Now we don't bother! Service is appalling but I don't blame the staff!

I actually feel sorry for the staff because they are not managed or trained! How can you expect a bunch of young kids to run a slick operation without leadership!!

Each kiosk needs a manager to gee them along! They have half hour slots before and after a game and 15 minutes at half time to shine! It shouldn't be difficult!

For those of us who went to Mumford at Lewes, they got it right! A couple of minute wait for a beer with over 20k in there!

I sent a couple of tweets to @officialbhafc about the catering as they never reply to emails! The beauty of twitter is eventually they have to be seen to reply!! Maybe more should use that route!

The be all and end all is they must be losing bloody thousands due to incompetence at a time we are trying to balance the books due to FFP!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its all very well giving these poor kids a part-time job for crap money but for god sake show them how to work the bloody equipment and the products they are selling!!

I feel very sorry for the staff. Most are young, probably with little work experience in general, and have little support/training and very demanding customers. No wonder some panic and look a bit clueless; it must be very difficult and daunting for a youngster.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
None of the above.
I pass a local bakery on the way to the station and pick up a pie and apple turnover for less than £2.50. Why on earth would I be willing to pay nearly £4 for a pie only instead? That's just wasting money. There's never a queue of more than 2 at the baker's either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Patently the catering has got to come in-house next time and be subject to constant fine-tuning and training up of staff properly with a view to contributing more to the bottom line instead of the current arrangement which is clearly doing the opposite. Based on the comments on here so far this season the scale of potential custom being driven away is truly shocking.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am very surprised that the club hierarchy have not looked at the situation and said that as everything is now in place they could bring in an expert as catering director to employ the required staff to bring it in house especially with the FFP threatening our promotion chances.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Patently the catering has got to come in-house next time and be subject to constant fine-tuning and training up of staff properly with a view to contributing more to the bottom line instead of the current arrangement which is clearly doing the opposite. Based on the comments on here so far this season the scale of potential custom being driven away is truly shocking.

They have no plans ATM at taking it in
House

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They have no plans ATM at taking it in
House

They'll have changed their tune by Xmas, guaranteed. The dip in match day takings on the catering must be pretty much unsustainable. They can hike the prices as much as they like, but there will be fewer and fewer takers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They'll have changed their tune by Xmas, guaranteed. The dip in match day takings on the catering must be pretty much unsustainable. They can hike the prices as much as they like, but there will be fewer and fewer takers.

The more supporters or customers refuse to buy anything the quicker they will act. My little group are fairly representative in that there are 6 of us and we all bought a round at the ground after the game before going home, 36 pints in total. Now my brother and I have 1 each and the rest join us and we go into Brighton so that is 2 pints only. If other groups do the same the club takings will fall and the Battles takings will increase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The funniest one though was the guy who bought a burger to find that when he bit into it there was no meat in the bun.

Was it a vegetarian burger he ordered?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As Barber said in the fans forum, you cant expect Sodexo to be perfect after 2 proper games.

You cant really choose either as all have had different time scales.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got to the till at 14:20 yesterday, and they were already out of all meat pies (chicken, beef, lamb, the lot). How can they be so rubbish?

I went to another section and fortunately they had a few left, but they'd have been out well before the game too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got to the till at 14:20 yesterday, and they were already out of all meat pies (chicken, beef, lamb, the lot). How can they be so rubbish?

I went to another section and fortunately they had a few left, but they'd have been out well before the game too.
By which time the first kiosk probably would have restocked.

Looking back at the sacking of Azure, I can't help reading this as a decision that was attributed to Tony Bloom, on the basis of complaints he had received from folk he met at matches. I get the impression that there wasn't much of an effort put into checking out the experience of fans who were buying food and drink in the concourses (where service was generally nowhere near as bad as it is now) and where the high volume sales happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As Barber said in the fans forum, you cant expect Sodexo to be perfect after 2 proper games.

You cant really choose either as all have had different time scales.

There is a huge huge difference between a business finding its feet and the total cluelessness of Sodexo. Alarm bells should be ringing loudly in his head right now. He has screwed up the catering big time and he really needs to address the issue and not put his head in the "bedding in" sand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here