Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best burger in Sussex?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Also forgot to mention WOODIES DINER by Hove Lagoon.

The juggernaut is immense

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
if you say so easy,sorry but am a highly trained chef,2 michelin restaurants,top restaurants in london,and many other places,and uncle sams it utter tripe along with all the other mass produced burger places.but then i have a very good palete
ARE you a smoker?if so,then your taste buds are proberly shot to peices which is why you like uncle sams,do you snack on pot noodles too ?:D:lol:

I'm not a smoker, but yes, I will also have the odd Pot Noodle when the time is right. Don't we all ?

I've always found "gourmet burgers" to be a bit crap, owing to the fact that there's so much poncy GUBBINS chucked on and around them that you can barely even recognise the flesh. One HONOURABLE exception would be Fatty Arbuckles down the Marina, which used to be between the bowlplex and the cinema (remember ?). I think its a Pizza Hut now. Anyway, they used to serve a maHOOsive burger and bring most of the trimmings round on a trolley so you could pretty much snort it yourself. I had a chilliburger there once that I've cried myself to sleep over at least three times since.

I ache for that place to return.

Ache.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Uncle Sams were good 20years ago, Grubbs will be and always has been the king!!! The variety and the fact that you can order a triple burger is great! It's the first place me and my misses eat together, and no it wasn't planned. But we're together 8years later and love a Grubbs! God I'm getting hungry just thinkIng of a double mushroom!!!!! Hmmmmmmm

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The one near Palmeria sq? In the early nineties following a weekend of substance excess I would buy a burger from there on a Sunday evening and it ward off the horrors of a comedown, at least for the ten minutes or so whilst eating it!

Sir Des Lynam & his lovely wife were served in front of me there a long time ago, when the hypnotic conveyor belt & pinball machine made the double Mexican even more worth the wait

D

Deleted member 2719

The Real Burger Kitchen in Chichester was set up by a mate of mine, also a fellow Brighton fan and North Stand season ticket holder. He – along with his culinary expertise – is now at the nearby Hole in the Wall. Do check it out.

Will that do, Stu?

We used to start our drinking at the Hole in the Wall it has had lot's of refurbs.
We will have to try it out again(especially as he is a West WEST sussex albion fan.

D

Deleted member 2719

My Vote goes to the Bacon Butty Van on the road between Petworth and Northchapel.(A283)

He doesn't do food that been slowly cooking for hours only freshly cooked so allow time because he can get very busy at times.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Burger Off, every time. If you haven't had one it's in brunswick st west. Best burgers in town. I like his blue cheese burgers, he uses real blue cheese.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Every Wednesday all burgers are half price, so you can get a 7oz burger of your choice for around 3 quid ! Another tip is go for the kids meal, same price as a normal burger not much difference in size and you get chips and a drink !

Has anybody tried the burger challenge at the mulberry in worthing ?

Had one for dinner tonight (All Beef Burger Company) Excellent.

Plumped for the Mexican. Delicious. Meaty, generous and tasty toppings and a very nice BUN. And half prices Wednesdays! What a deal.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Cross Kebabs in Crowborough ahhh nom nom nom nom nom !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here