Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best British actor?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Didn't realise Christian Bale was English. I watched The Machinist for the first time this week- excellent film.[\QUOTE]

Very dedicated actor but also reportedly difficult on set. Wasn't he accidentally recorded abusing various backstage people a while back.

He's also Welsh not English. Not that I'm linking my two comments in this reply.

He's not, he's welsh

Just checked wiki, born in Wales but lived in England, mum English and dad South African

Under fifa rules he could play for England Wales South Africa or China

Just checked wiki too. First line says: "Christian Charles Philip Bale (born 30 January 1974) is an English actor."

Born in Wales but spent his child hood in England, Portugal and the United States. I'm claiming him England.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
He's not, he's welsh

Just checked wiki, born in Wales but lived in England, mum English and dad South African

Under fifa rules he could play for England Wales South Africa or China

English mum & south african dad plus lived or grew up in england. I'd class that as more English or south african than welsh ....... Either way still a good British actor

Unfortunately, I can't forgive him for his performance in Princes of Thieves - surely one of the hammiest performances in screen history.

..But I think that was the whole point of his performance to make up for Costner's rather worthy portrayal of Robin Hood. I think he is a great actor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here