Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best atmosphere ever at the Amex??

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The commentator on the stream I was watching said the atmosphere was good a few times.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The commentator on the stream I was watching said the atmosphere was good a few times.

I've repeatedly said on here to which MOST seem to agree - the Amex atmosphere is much better than most in the league - easily top 6 & fairly consistent. Probably the best in the league of all the new ish stadiums, possibly the whole football league in fact... Always room for improvement but there's constant noise on the whole :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I only post what i see ,seems like there's some sensitive souls on board
regards
DR

You are running down the club by running down the support. And by the sound of your post, you weren't even there at the game yesterday. So what is your purpose? We all know you were a skin head some years ago. Surely not today? You'd look a complete tit at your age. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The atmosphere at the St Patrick's Day 3-0 was pretty good especially when Spanish Dave's free kick went in just before half time. From that point onwards it was party time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Best days for Amex atmosphere for me were the Sheff Wed game in the play-offs, followed by 0-1 against Burnley in 'that' 2011 game when we had the 2 sent off and the 3-0 Palace drubbing in 2013 with the Lopez free kick.

Good atmosphere before and after on Sat, but at 3-0 up and 4-0 up, it actually went a bit quiet at times.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought the atmos was rocking. The dead East upper were signing along with songs from the north, the sleepy WSU even belted a few out, it was pretty loud at times. There were some quiet moments in the last 10 mins but I think that's because we were all quite shocked and exhausted.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Best days for Amex atmosphere for me were the Sheff Wed game in the play-offs, followed by 0-1 against Burnley in 'that' 2011 game when we had the 2 sent off and the 3-0 Palace drubbing in 2013 with the Lopez free kick.

Good atmosphere before and after on Sat, but at 3-0 up and 4-0 up, it actually went a bit quiet at times.

I think we had to catch our breath. I for one was exhausted at signing and celebrating goals at 4-0 and then knocky bags one. I felt like I needed to lay down for a bit. But I just had about 8pints instead!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You are running down the club by running down the support. And by the sound of your post, you weren't even there at the game yesterday. So what is your purpose? We all know you were a skin head some years ago. Surely not today? You'd look a complete tit at your age. :shrug:

Daz really reminds me of Frankie Abbot, the 'tough guy' in Please Sir, back in the seventies. I imagine him punching the palm of his hand as he thinks of what to post.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Doncaster on the opening day was the best. A very special experience. This and Wednesday compete for second.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I'm not sure Sheff Weds at home in the play offs will ever be beaten !

I cant imagine that noise being beaten. It was increible. But.... it only lasted til they ewualised and then we had the stuffing knocked out of us and it wasnt loud at alll

Last sat was load and ferocious for the majoirty

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I cant imagine that noise being beaten. It was increible. But.... it only lasted til they ewualised and then we had the stuffing knocked out of us and it wasnt loud at alll

Last sat was load and ferocious for the majoirty

That's not quite how I remember it. The performance & noise in 1st half was immense. I remember thinking after 30 minutes 'we're not going to make it but I am proud (of the club, players & fans). 2ND half we gave what we had left (which after 1st half wasn't as much) & even in 89th a huge chant of Brighton till I die went round. Amazing.

Leeds gam wasn't bad. Coming back from 3 nil at half time to shut the mighty Leeds up was very satisfying

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can't get it to work myself but thread with video of full match is talking about how good the.crowd noise sounds.

The atmosphere at The Amex has repeatedly been described as excellent by impartial visitors over the years. Like any ground it varies, but is generally very good and often brilliant. Just get there as often as possible and enjoy it...!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here