Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best atmosphere ever at the Amex??

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Bet you could still hear a pin drop in East Upper F block. Very happy to get away from that library. South was great today.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Comedy goals,
2 Pantomime Villains,
One of the villains falling over when trying to put in a cross and then going down injured a minute later,
The other villain messing up a free kick that allowed us to go down the other end and score, then being subbed to the whole home crowd's delight,
A good section of the crowd joining in a 'HANDBALL!' echo, made funnier because it actually was handball,
5 goals and a clean sheet.
Norwich fans joining the party by celebrating when they finally made Stockdale make a save in the second half.

Not much of a stretch to say I quite enjoyed that. I'm happy to let other teams revel in atmospheres that are intimidating or threatening. Brighton's crowd is at it its best when it does what Sussex residents are good at: tongue-in-cheek arrogance, sarcasm and ridicule.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought the atmosphere was okay today, but nothing comes close to Sheffield Wednesday.

This and also despite the 5 goals (delighted blooming delighted btw) today it would be hard to get a performance like that 1st twenty minutes either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought it was good in WSU. Been to a lot of games but never seen a set of fans completely rip the piss out of a team like we did Norwich (who were fecking quiet all the way through fwiw - didn't hear one song where all their 3k sang together?!). Right from minute 1 with Pritchard and general piss taking when Norwich slipped etc - almost intimidated them IMO - well done all :clap2:

Enjoyed the loud cheers when twatty at left back slipped and then went down half injured - crowd def wound him up :lol:

Jan 30, 2008
Today has to be right up there

Everyone was up for it from the start. Sheff weds in playoffs maybe noiser to start with but today was relentless support and also giving it loads to their players

Felt incredible to be part of, similar to the first ever game v doncaster.

Cant recall many other games we've had that has been that loud and for so long. As for the away end - triffic numbers, shockinly sh!t vocally even before they went behind
sing when we're winning ???
regards
DR

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought the match ,the atmosphere was great , it was great to win a big match so who cares if today was louder or not than other matches at the Amex , just enjoy the day , they don't come around very often with performances like today

Jan 30, 2008
TBH all i see at Falmer station as i passed through were werthers original type's, women and kids...........all set up for a cracking atmosphere :rolleyes:
regards
DR

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Comedy goals,
2 Pantomime Villains,
One of the villains falling over when trying to put in a cross and then going down injured a minute later,
The other villain messing up a free kick that allowed us to go down the other end and score, then being subbed to the whole home crowd's delight,
A good section of the crowd joining in a 'HANDBALL!' echo, made funnier because it actually was handball,
5 goals and a clean sheet.
Norwich fans joining the party by celebrating when they finally made Stockdale make a save in the second half.

Not much of a stretch to say I quite enjoyed that. I'm happy to let other teams revel in atmospheres that are intimidating or threatening. Brighton's crowd is at it its best when it does what Sussex residents are good at: tongue-in-cheek arrogance, sarcasm and ridicule.

Great post. I don't think I have laughed as much during a game.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Probably in the away end.

I was in the away end for the last 10 mins of the first half and it was very quiet, nothing coming from the northstand.
prior to this i was in the North stand and its was very noisy.
As i have said many times the sound does not travel as well as people think at the Amex.
Just because its loud where the noise is coming from, people assume everyone else can hear it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Norwich players and fans seemed quite magnanimous. Murray was gently but generously applauded by a couple of opposing players as he went off and I thought the Norwich fans gallows humour and general conduct was very sporting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here