Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bernardo off ?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Now I know we only had him on loan, but he was our 2nd keeper for a season, say we had sold him to Norwich, would the same theory apply that Krul strengthened them?

It definitely did. Krul was by far their best player. Think they would have given that awful Derby side a run for their money if it wasn't for Tim Krul.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can anyone say what Bernardo’s strengths are? I can’t he’s just there, can’t really cross defending is questionable I thought he would excel under GP yet seems to be going backwards.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Why does Ben get his christian name and the others don't?

Steven, Lewis, Solomon, Aaron, Jayson, Benjamin.

Or

Steveo, Lu-lu, Solly, River, Jayce, Benny (on the loose).

(I'm having a little less than funny joke)

Can we please start calling Dunky, Lulu ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
don't rate him but part of me still wouldn't want him sold to a relegation rival.

He may of been average but he's still contributed to a team that been safe 2 seasons. Stuff like that is golden for newly promoted sides

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Do we need to recoup the money?
At the moment his position is one of our weaknesses.
I wouldn't be looking to strengthen a rival and weaken ourselves for the sake of a few quid back tbh.

If he's as poor as Potter apparently believes, would we be strengthening them?

Personally, he'd be starting in my team, why we developed Cochrane.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can anyone say what Bernardo’s strengths are? I can’t he’s just there, can’t really cross defending is questionable I thought he would excel under GP yet seems to be going backwards.

He was our fastest defender until Lamptey showed up.

His defending is actually very good from open play but set-pieces are a bit suspect.

He is strong, tall and powerful and get’s forward well sometimes.

The sort of player who would do well under a Bruce, Moyes or Hughton style manager.

Worth £10m+ in my opinion.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He was our fastest defender until Lamptey showed up.

His defending is actually very good from open play but set-pieces are a bit suspect.

He is strong, tall and powerful and get’s forward well sometimes.

The sort of player who would do well under a Bruce, Moyes or Hughton style manager.

Worth £10m+ in my opinion.

He is deceptively good in the air.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Bernardo is the best left back at the club. It's a failing of Potter's imaginary coaching skills that he can't get more out of him but we certainly shouldn't allow him to go to West Brom or West Ham.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bernardo is the best left back at the club. It's a failing of Potter's imaginary coaching skills that he can't get more out of him but we certainly shouldn't allow him to go to West Brom or West Ham.
I do actually see your point here. I like Bernado and think if we cant improve him as a player we should not let him go to a rival who might just improve him and leave us with egg on our face. Fair enough let him go abroad but a rival? no way I would rather keep him and let the coaches improves his weakness, if this is possible.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn't do himself any favours tonight I thought. Lost the ball serval times and a few misplaced passes.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Was assuming he will go to Hammers to link up with Paul Nevin again - when had his good run in team in his first season did say his confidence to perform then was due to coaching staff

Be no great surprise if tonight was his last game for us

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Probably the worst display I've seen from an Albion player for a very very long time.

This, I’m actually surprised no one has offered to drive him to West Ham’s newish athletics stadium..,

I’m half cut, if anyone pays the petrol I’ll drive...

The wife will be more pleased if we don’t make it

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
It certainly wasn't his best game...... If that's how he has been turning up in training. I can see why he hasn't had many minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here