Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal signs new two and a half year deal

Probably going to get resoundingly flamed for this, but am I the only one that reacts with a m-eh when I hear of players signing a new contract?

Yeah sure, it means they intend to stay with us, and if we do sell the player it helps to get a big fee, but let's be honest, if the right bid comes in, or a player really does want to leave, the contract is hardly worth the paper it's written on.

You must be a joy to be with you miserable so and so.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic... Beram was undoubtedly our best player last season, and he will be again... I hope Dale wakes up to our future in the Prem and follows Beram's great example...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For some reason this makes me feel more optimistic that Stephens will sign as well soon.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great news,bye bye Dale

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is excellent news, so pleased that he chose not to follow that backstabber Calderwood.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why did he take so long?

And that applies to the other players as well. The risk of an injury is great enough to want the security of a contract that suits both club and player (might not suit the agent?).

The cynic in me is wondering whether he has just found out that his injury is much more serious than we think, in which case a two and a half year deal represents very good work by his agent!

Let's hope I am wrong, in which case it is great news - and f*** off Calderwood, you're not taking him with you (or in the very worst case scenario, he'll now cost £5M more than he would have done yesterday!)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The cynic in me is wondering whether he has just found out that his injury is much more serious than we think, in which case a two and a half year deal represents very good work by his agent!

Let's hope I am wrong, in which case it is great news - and f*** off Calderwood, you're not taking him with you (or in the very worst case scenario, he'll now cost £5M more than he would have done yesterday!)

Or perhaps it was mostly agreed on principle (remember the awkward moment at the fan forum where it was implied it was already done?) and we were just waiting for an opportune moment to finalise and announce it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or perhaps it was mostly agreed on principle (remember the awkward moment at the fan forum where it was implied it was already done?) and we were just waiting for an opportune moment to finalise and announce it.
Kayal himself said he hoped to give us good news about his contract a few weeks back....

And then was immediately injured which probably set back any insurance medical.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016

Which fans forum was that? The Bristol one?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My thought as well actually, his injury and past history at Celtic probably played a part in this. Not that I mind too much.

You might be right but he had always said that he was going to make his mind up later in the year and I don't think he wasn't actually injured when he said that. I don't know what the stumbling block was though but glad its all sorted before the Transfer window opens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here