Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bents goal celebration

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Liked the celebration, liked seeing a little bit of needle from our otherwise polite "after you" style squad.

What "inspired" Fulham was the rabbit in headlights "I HAVE IDEA HOW TO DEFEND A LEAD" looks between our players; the panic that spread through our ranks and our left back being 40 yards our of position.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I liked it. Shame Hyypia tactics were so shite that we didn't go on to try and dominate the game rather than trying to sit on a 1-0 lead from the 55th minute or whenever it was. A blind man could see Fulham were going to get an equaliser sooner rather than later. OK the way the winner went in was unlucky but only one team was ever going to win that game after Fulham equalised.

We would be having a good laugh about that goal celebration if we had managed to win the game.

Although I think the players are trying they really don't seem to have a clue how to play for 90 mins, the manager takes the blame and he will be taking us down if Bloom doesn't replace him quickly.

Boom! This is the correct answer.

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
Surely he is here for himself? Whats wrong with that?

Do you think he looked at the championship table and thought 'oh my, i must make it my mission to sign for Brighton immediately and help them out of this predicament'?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I thought his celebration inspired Fulham.
If your heart is in it, if you score on your home debut, you should be running to the North Stand and saying, "I'm here to score goals for you, and f**k the opposition.
But no, he runs towards the north, turns and heads for the half way line, slaps skin with a few of his new team mates on the way, then struts in towards the Fulham fans holding his hands to his ears.
I know they gave him shit, and were singing "You're just a fat Rodielga", but your on 60-70k a week FFS.
He should rise above that, instead he lifted the away fans and they lifted the way team to get back in the game.

To me that showed his true colours, i'm not here for Brighton, I'm here for me. Shame cos I thought he looked good and just what we needed.
I hope i'm proved wrong

I just thought it was a bloody stupid thing to do.

Last minute winner, possibly, but not then. I knew it would come back to bite him, and only inspire Fulham.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I overheard a bunch Fulham fans on the train voice this opinion, saying it got their fans going and directly influenced the result. I'm not sure it did. Good to see some passion though (whatever the motive)

They're likely to say that as it suits their agenda. Absolutely sod all to do with it in reality

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
They're likely to say that as it suits their agenda. Absolutely sod all to do with it in reality

Bugger all to do with agendas. Trust me I was in the away end. People who had sat on their arses not saying boo to a goose all first half were suddenly out of their seats baying for blood and that set the tone even before we equalised. Bent running up to us sparked the Fulham support into life and any Fulham fan in that away end will tell you that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Patently the club needs to invest in some professional media training for our strikers on how to celebrate a goal. Its been so long, they've probably forgotten.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To me that showed his true colours, i'm not here for Brighton, I'm here for me.
Indeed. If he wants to do things the Brighton way, the last thing he should be doing is scoring goals.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Iv'e heard some excuses before for losing a game. But if people really think Bent's goal celebration somehow contributed to us losing that game, then they are living in cloud cuckoo land and are probably the same people who can't see the woods for the trees, just how tactically inept Hyypia really is.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nobody has said we lost the game because of it.
IMHO, his celebration lifted the Fulham fans. Even the National Press had the same opinion this morning, "Bents gesture fuels Cottagers revival"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fulham fans waking up and Bent's goal celebration had nothing to do with us losing that game, it was losing all ambition once we scored and falling apart when Fulham equalised that caused it. Bent's goal and celebration were high points of the game for me.

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
the amount of crap he was getting from away fans id probably had done it myself

He got slaughtered. Last season he was unfit and overweight when he came to us and basically he was piss poor. He actually seemed to get fatter every week and rumour was he didnt exactly bust a gut in training. Gave the impression of being a bit of a mercenary, shame because we all thought it was a top signing at the time. Having said that I was surprised at the amount of flak he copped yesterday, Fulham fans generally give ex players a good reception.
He definitely looked a lot leaner yesterday, if you create enough for him he`ll definitely put them away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here