Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bents goal celebration

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was too busy celebrating to notice his celebration - if you know what I mean.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
FFS people are blaming our new goal scoring striker for the team losing.
Jesus, armchair supporters are clueless...probably not as clueless as the manager though...

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I thought it was great for him to show a bit of attitude. One of the main problems at the club is everything is so bloody nice. Nice training ground, nice stadium, nice manager and nice players. No body is scared of playing us, it's becoming an easy away day for a lot of teams.

I've been thinking this for a while now. There's nothing intimidating for away teams about playing at the Amex. I also think this about Wembley. It's a lot easier for England's opponents to play in front of a timid London crowd of 80 000 than 40 000 mackems/mancs/scousers/Geordies.

I'm also worried our chairman is too nice too. He's brilliant and very professional but has surely earned the right to be a bit bolshy when things aren't going right.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
what a weird thread. Football fans are as bad as Sky for over analysing things these days.

I liked it. Always thinks it's funny when a footballer has a go back after getting abuse.

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
Fulham fan here, have to say thank you to Darren Bent, that definitely got Fulham going.The atmosphere first half in our end was shocking, Bent and those twats in the boxes above woke our support up. Feel a little bit sorry for Bent, probably the most stick I've heard directed at an ex Fulham player.He was on 90k a week at us and gave the impression he was just picking his money up

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Fulham fan here, have to say thank you to Darren Bent, that definitely got Fulham going.The atmosphere first half in our end was shocking, Bent and those twats in the boxes above woke our support up. Feel a little bit sorry for Bent, probably the most stick I've heard directed at an ex Fulham player.He was on 90k a week at us and gave the impression he was just picking his money up

Can you expand on this bit, please?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
FFS people are blaming our new goal scoring striker for the team losing.
Jesus, armchair supporters are clueless...probably not as clueless as the manager though...

Read the post again. Nowhere did I blame him for us losing.
I said he lifted the Fulham fans, a point confirmed by posts 17 and 27.

As for your last point regarding armchair supporters, ive been going to Albion home matches since 1964, and still do.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The best types of loan players to sign are those that want to prove a point. It is clear from his interviews he is unhappy at being overlooked at villa and wants to prove he can still score goals. Yesterday he wanted to score to put one over the Fulham fans who were jeering him.

Rather have someone like that with the bit between his teeth and a point to prove

MIDDXFFC

Nov 12, 2014
Can you expand on this bit, please?

Five or so idiots in the hospitality goading taunting and generally winding us up when you scored. Went on for about ten minutes, one started spitting on us , ugly scenes below with police, stewards etc. Bent and that carry on woke us up

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Five or so idiots in the hospitality goading taunting and generally winding us up when you scored. Went on for about ten minutes, one started spitting on us , ugly scenes below with police, stewards etc. Bent and that carry on woke us up

They spat at you? From one of the boxes?

What a bunch of tossers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

well we i'm not gong to condone the alleged twats....but the Bent bit ...well what goes around comes around. Whats seemed to wake yur lot up was fulham scoring a goal...in common with most supporters

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I thought it was great for him to show a bit of attitude. One of the main problems at the club is everything is so bloody nice. Nice training ground, nice stadium, nice manager and nice players. No body is scared of playing us, it's becoming an easy away day for a lot of teams.

Bang on. We need more players with charcter and attitude. An away day at the AMEX at the moment is almost a guarenteed point if not 3. Everything is to bloody nice

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been thinking this for a while now. There's nothing intimidating for away teams about playing at the Amex. I also think this about Wembley. It's a lot easier for England's opponents to play in front of a timid London crowd of 80 000 than 40 000 mackems/mancs/scousers/Geordies.

I'm also worried our chairman is too nice too. He's brilliant and very professional but has surely earned the right to be a bit bolshy when things aren't going right.

Being intimidated by the home fans is a myth though, there's no evidence it has an impact on players.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They spat at you? From one of the boxes?

What a bunch of tossers.

It wasn't spitting . They'd heard confit of duck with a red wine jus was on the menu in the 1901 and they couldn't control their drooling .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That's nonsense, look how quickly he sacked Russell SALAD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here