Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Much of what's been said seems to be complimentary thus far, or at the very least good humoured. That said, any gratuitous abuse that appears will see infractions handed out, as we don't generally encourage users to start threads about other posters (and I speak as somebody who is frequently driven nuts by his posts :lol:).
I'm confused by the rules - shouldn't abuse posted here be treated the same as if it were in another thread, since those posting didn't start the thread?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Any abuse or only gratuitous abuse?

thank-you-for-the-gratuitous-abuse-you-hurled-my-way-over-the-years-making-me-the-insecure-mess-i-am-today-76ad8.png

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Some of the things on here are IMHO a little harsh, it is all about opinions and BG has certainly got a few of those. What I will say is his support of the Albion cannot be questioned, he's been through more thin than thick over the years, and on personal note when Gulls Eye was experiencing severe financial difficulties due to the legal action some 25 years ago he, along with a large number of others, was there for us when it really mattered.
As has also been said on here he's well into his 70s and I wonder if some of the posters on here would act in the same manner towards a pensioner that was sitting next to them at the Amex.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Love ya BG, you entertaining provocateur.
Keep it going, if only to irritate the young whippersnappers and push a few more buttons. Vive la diversité.
I raise a New Years glass in your direction, sir.
Another old coot.
:annoyed:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BG must be doing something right to get a thread like this. Keep it up fella

flying high

May 12, 2009
I have resisted until now from posting as I know BG very well, probably better than most and I can assure you that he is nothing like the old fool depicted on this thread. He is a very intelligent person who is well respected and much loved by all of his family and always willing to help others. He has a vast knowledge of football but it must be said some of his ideas as regards players and tactics are still in the 60s. As he says not like that in my day. Good luck to him long may he post if it gives him enjoyment.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well said, I don't always agree with BG but I often think it's a generational thing, footballs changed, different roles In teams, different types of player and fitness levels etc. If he continues to enjoy posting then fair play

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well said, I don't always agree with BG but I often think it's a generational thing, footballs changed, different roles In teams, different types of player and fitness levels etc. If he continues to enjoy posting then fair play

I'd rather read his stuff on here than some of the other tedious stuff from others stuck in earlier generations [emoji6]

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'd rather read his stuff on here than some of the other tedious stuff from others stuck in earlier generations [emoji6]

Me too, at least it's proper discussions about football that he engages in rather than some of the other nonsense

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He's probably seen more Brighton games than most on here, and is fully entitled to his opinions.some I agree with, some I don't. He was right a few weeks ago about getting a left back in on loan before Liam got injured.

He was a pain when constantly banging on about Beeding Cement Works, which was never, ever, ever going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here