Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett's Field last night

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
S has been hinted above, if you use Mithras Hse then head south towards Brighton and around the Gyro to Hollingdean Road (Opposite Bear Road.)

This will take you to Ditchling Road and you can either head north to the top of Coldean Lane, or carry on west to join London Road.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Didn't get on to the a27 until gone 23:00. Not normally a moaner, but transport isn't great. Trains not much better

Really? We had two pints after the game and after looking at the departure screens in the North Stand bar,
we got the train back to Brighton and were in the pub just after 10.30!

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Yes, really. Was back at the car at 21:45 so was a little frustrating, only bright side was it was raining and I wasn't standing in a bus queue

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? We had two pints after the game and after looking at the departure screens in the North Stand bar,
we got the train back to Brighton and were in the pub just after 10.30!

Same here. Both journeys were fine. Had a drink in the Battle of Trafalgar until about 10 to 7pm, after a quick moving 10min queue, got on a train about 7.10pm. Had a couple of beers in the North Stand after, strolled straight down to Falmer and got a train at 10.36pm.

I think the people that live local in Brighton & Hove have a bit of a responsibility (this is what I tell my wife) to stay behind to have a drink to let all those let live further afield get on those first trains. Even after a few beers, I was still back at Portslade station by 11pm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the people that live local in Brighton & Hove have a bit of a responsibility (this is what I tell my wife) to stay behind to have a drink to let all those let live further afield get on those first trains. Even after a few beers, I was still back at Portslade station by 11pm.

You have a point here. Me and my chum [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] have tried a few different modes and methods and have concluded the train from Hove is by far the best option. On Monday we had a post match pint and then walked straight onto the platform and then a train home. Easy. Give yourself a bit of time and you'll be fine. Now I set aside a full afternoon and a full evening for my football I actually find travelling to Falmer less stressful than Withers.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Same here. Both journeys were fine. Had a drink in the Battle of Trafalgar until about 10 to 7pm, after a quick moving 10min queue, got on a train about 7.10pm. Had a couple of beers in the North Stand after, strolled straight down to Falmer and got a train at 10.36pm.

This is what we do, and we've had no problems with the transport at all. I do my queuing on the concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here