Bennett + Noone - TWEET

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Hows that then??? His girlfriend works for club. She probably wants him back in Brighton. He won't come back on the wages he currently gets in Prem. If we go up there is a chance he could return. Makes perfect sense to me. Which bit doesn't make sense to you???

What do you think his girlfriend does for the club? She lives with him in Norwich.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When he went on loan to West Ham wasn't he hugely lacking match fitness?

Yes, and his year with us would give him a better chance of adapting and coping better. But he's also a coupe of years older. Who knows, either way, I'd like us to keep him and see how he'd get on... if we get there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now Malky has had a good look at Noone, he's started him once in 4 months.
Doesn't bode well for setting The Premier League alight, does it.

I realise you don't rate Noone, and wish him and Cardiff all the worst. Nice.

But being a massive and positive Albion fan all your life, did you truly comment on NSC on a few occasions that you didn't rate Noone, prior to it being on the cards that he was joining Cardiff?

In a nutshell, has the spiteful view been formed since?

Dec 29, 2011

But being a massive and positive Albion fan all your life, did you truly comment on NSC on a few occasions that you didn't rate Noone, prior to it being on the cards that he was joining Cardiff?

Noone was pretty poor for most of the season before we sold him. The first half of the 11/12 season he was sensational, but he tailed off towards the end. Unfortunately he kept up this bad form for most of the 12/13 opening months and we were lucky to be able to sell him for the price we got. Who'd you rather have? Orlandi + £1m or Noone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hey we're never going to agree and that cool.

I don't wish Noone the worst and am not spiteful towards him (Cardiff well that's a separate issue!).

Quite simply I have never got the Noone love-in, so when he's rated with Bennett and Buckley I'm going to chip in.
Given the choice between him and KLL I go for KLL.

I watched far too many head down meanders going nowhere, with no end product, goals or assists, to warrant the praise.

I can't change that, I can't remember him as a player he wasn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who'd you rather have? Orlandi + £1m or Noone?

Nut & shell.

Bennett, Buckley, Orlandi, KLL, Noone.
SD, Bennett, Buckley, Orlandi, KLL, Noone.

It doesn't matter which way you slice the cake £1m for Noone was fantastic business.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Noone transfer worked out well for both clubs. I wish Noone only the best, he was one of the standout players during the early weeks of Falmer - happy days.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
KLL has had a couple of little cameos and is loved because he played well against CP, but his contribution in the Amex era has been poor overall. Hopefully, he truly listening to the coaches and gifted Spanish team mates.

I can see your point, but I think KLL needs more game time. He can be so dangerous, and with confidence with a mix of game experience, I think he can rectify his final ball and his accuracy on his shots.

Dec 29, 2011
I'd be interested to know what Bennett's basic wage is.He can't have been on more than 7k in League One then he moved straight to a Premier League club, I'd be shocked if he went from 7k to 30k.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be interested to know what Bennett's basic wage is.He can't have been on more than 7k in League One then he moved straight to a Premier League club, I'd be shocked if he went from 7k to 30k.
TBH I doubt anyone at Norwich is on £30k.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
For some reason Norwich stayed in Canary Wharf on Friday night. Saw him and Bradley Johnson shopping in Jubilee Place late Friday. Benno only has nice things to say about the club on twitter

Most of the Prem teams when playing Arsenal stay at the Four Seasons in Westferry Circus .. Arsenal also use it for Midweek home games and occassional Sat games .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most of the Prem teams when playing Arsenal stay at the Four Seasons in Westferry Circus .. Arsenal also use it for Midweek home games and occassional Sat games .

Weird. They were at the Hilton in CW though.

A lot of teams that play West Ham seem to stay there.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
People say Buckley has been dissapointing this season, and I would say he probably has not been quite as good as last year.

However we dont look anywhere near as good without him in the side, we really miss him when he does not play.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bridge will be at LA Galaxy next season or another similar US team. Frankie wants him there. Already been posted on here somewhere else that certain teammates already know this to be true.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bridge will be at LA Galaxy next season or another similar US team. Frankie wants him there. Already been posted on here somewhere else that certain teammates already know this to be true.

And lets face it, if that is the case, who could blame him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports