Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett + Noone - TWEET

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Am I being thick? Bennett and Noone were never in the same BHA team, so why is Benno tweeting about Noone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bennett's girlfriend works for the club. There is every chance he will be back next season, if we go up.
That just doesn't make any sense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My memory is terrible! Ta.

I only remembered because I went to the Plymouth game away in September, where Noone shone for them. Gus bought him as soon as the transfer window opened so that we had two wingers.

Bennett did well under Lambert but has struggled to keep a first team place under Hughton. He seems to be getting back in favour now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That just doesn't make any sense.

Hows that then??? His girlfriend works for club. She probably wants him back in Brighton. He won't come back on the wages he currently gets in Prem. If we go up there is a chance he could return. Makes perfect sense to me. Which bit doesn't make sense to you???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we go up this season, we should target Bennett and James McCarthey from Wigan (if they go down...) to solve our midfield issues. They would fit seamlessly into our style and make us infinitely better.

Then all we'd need is a striker, a dangerous left winger, Wayne Bridge or better on a permanent deal at left back and Virgil in at centre back. Bosh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hows that then??? His girlfriend works for club. She probably wants him back in Brighton. He won't come back on the wages he currently gets in Prem. If we go up there is a chance he could return. Makes perfect sense to me. Which bit doesn't make sense to you???
Just because his G/F works here, doesn't mean he has to return like some faithful lap dog.
You seen to have omitted the possibility of EB being happy at Norwich, Norwich being happy with him, Miss EB perhaps wanting to move to Norfolk (someone must want too), and 101 other reasons I assume you're not privy too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bennett obviously.

But Buckley is head and shoulders above the other 2, while KLL frightens defenders and can score, Noone definitely comes in last.

So for me I'd stick with second and third as fourth (Noone) is a long way out of the discussion.

Simplistic dismissal of Noone.

The excellent Malkay Mackay obviously rated him forking out that cash and playing him in many of their wins.
Have seen no interest in KLL from other clubs. Strange, that!

KLL has had a couple of little cameos and is loved because he played well against CP, but his contribution in the Amex era has been poor overall. Hopefully, he truly listening to the coaches and gifted Spanish team mates.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
For some reason Norwich stayed in Canary Wharf on Friday night. Saw him and Bradley Johnson shopping in Jubilee Place late Friday. Benno only has nice things to say about the club on twitter

Well whoever organised that probably had a healthy sense of irony. Well either that - or the accomodation was going cheep...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we go up this season, we should target Bennett and James McCarthey from Wigan (if they go down...) to solve our midfield issues. They would fit seamlessly into our style and make us infinitely better.

Then all we'd need is a striker, a dangerous left winger, Wayne Bridge or better on a permanent deal at left back and Virgil in at centre back. Bosh.

Do they come better than Bridge, and would want to join us? Bridge is near perfect, for the Albion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Do they come better than Bridge, and would want to join us? Bridge is near perfect, for the Albion.

My only concern would be how little an impact he made at West Ham and then Sunderland in the Premier League. He's had a full season with us though so he is back up to speed after a few years of watching rather than playing. I'd hope we could keep him, but there are plenty of TOP left backs in La Liga we might be able to attract!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My only concern would be how little an impact he made at West Ham and then Sunderland in the Premier League. He's had a full season with us though so he is back up to speed after a few years of watching rather than playing. I'd hope we could keep him, but there are plenty of TOP left backs in La Liga we might be able to attract!

When he went on loan to West Ham wasn't he hugely lacking match fitness?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He is but I expect him to leave us as he'll get better offers elsewhere. I'd love him to sign with us but we would need to get promoted for that to happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Simplistic dismissal of Noone.

The excellent Malkay Mackay obviously rated him forking out that cash and playing him in many of their wins.
Have seen no interest in KLL from other clubs. Strange, that!

KLL has had a couple of little cameos and is loved because he played well against CP, but his contribution in the Amex era has been poor overall. Hopefully, he truly listening to the coaches and gifted Spanish team mates.
Now Malky has had a good look at Noone, he's started him once in 4 months.
Doesn't bode well for setting The Premier League alight, does it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is but I expect him to leave us as he'll get better offers elsewhere. I'd love him to sign with us but we would need to get promoted for that to happen.

The blokes around me in WSU, who seem to know more than most, reckon he has said that he's made his money out of football, and intimated that he wants to stay with us where he is enjoying his football for the first time in many years.

I hope so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The blokes around me in WSU, who seem to know more than most, reckon he has said that he's made his money out of football, and intimated that he wants to stay with us where he is enjoying his football for the first time in many years.

I hope so.
From very much the outside looking in, and projecting a hell of a lot of 'normal' person (ave wage, 9-5) stuff onto Wayne, that's certainly the approach I'd be taking if I were him.

Although I'm seriously unlikely to be offer £20k a week more elsewhere for doing the same job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here