Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett + Noone - TWEET

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Well whoever organised that probably had a healthy sense of irony. Well either that - or the accomodation was going cheep...
Surely it wouldn't be ironic for Norwich to stay at Canary Wharf, just aposite? :)

I'd like Elliot back at the Albion but vcan't see it, reckon he's too useful for Norwich. Having said tyhat I still don't think we've seen the best of Will Buckley yet :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bridge will be at LA Galaxy next season or another similar US team. Frankie wants him there. Already been posted on here somewhere else that certain teammates already know this to be true.

I just can't see it happening. The Saturdays haven't had the success they hoped for in the US for starters. 2 of the Saturdays have young families now (or will do shortly) so not sure I can see them upping and moving. And would Bridge earn anywhere near as much money in the MLS? I don't think so. And why would LA Galaxy want him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just can't see it happening. The Saturdays haven't had the success they hoped for in the US for starters. 2 of the Saturdays have young families now (or will do shortly) so not sure I can see them upping and moving. And would Bridge earn anywhere near as much money in the MLS? I don't think so. And why would LA Galaxy want him?

Also, Bridge has a nipper here. Would he want to lose contact with him?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
would Bridge earn anywhere near as much money in the MLS? I don't think so.

I think he'd earn close to, if not the same, as what he's on now. I know we all turn our noses up at the quality of the MLS but some of the teams there don't exactly lack financial backing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he'd earn close to, if not the same, as what he's on now. I know we all turn our noses up at the quality of the MLS but some of the teams there don't exactly lack financial backing.

Actually far from it, I have a close eye on it. They have stringent salary caps. So while Beckham was, and Keane, Henry, Cahill are top earners, the average wages are far lower. Are many clubs going to blow their 'over the cap' 'joker' on a defender? If not, he'll be on around £10k a week, tops.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Actually far from it, I have a close eye on it. They have stringent salary caps. So while Beckham was, and Keane, Henry, Cahill are top earners, the average wages are far lower. Are many clubs going to blow their 'over the cap' 'joker' on a defender? If not, he'll be on around £10k a week, tops.

I've got a passing knowledge of (and respect towards) the wage structure within the MLs and I was under the impression that clubs could trade 'designated player' slots between each other, thus allowing them to have multiple big name signings?

You're right in saying there's no way he'd go for the wages of a non-designated contract as it would be a pittance relative to what he's getting now.

If clubs would be willing to spend a lot on Cahill's wages I reckon they'd do similar for Bridge, if only for the more recognisable name.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the whole issue with Bridge is the fact that The Saturdays havent hit it off in USA as they hoped and as has been said due to having young children may stay in UK or even possibly split up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] - Noone has to be nailed on for a hat-trick, tonight.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] - Noone has to be nailed on for a hat-trick, tonight.

Could Noonie be PL bound? Looks like it.

That's bad news for Noone disliking Stat Brother. :lol: Got a feeling Malkay Mackay knows more slightly more than history revisionist Stat Brother, about getting a great squad together for a promotion campaign.

Not there quite yet, but well done to Mackay, Bellamy, Noonie, Whittingham & Co. The stand out club over the entire season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Noone was great in L1 and had a good first month in Champ but then a whole year of rather average performances (except 2 or 3 games against Cardiff). 1 million was a good price and while he was a useful squad member (and great bloke) we had better players. Wish him all the best and clap him if he ever plays against us but we wouldn't want him back to sit in the reserves........ not even the bench.

Bennett would be immense and rather have him than Zamora.

Can we send Vicente to the states and keep Bridge? Please! On a free we could pay a signing fee to keep the wages realistic but he would get better offers elsewhere for sure. As long as ours is realistic and we don't low-ball him though I'd expect him to stay UNLESS someone pays way over the odds. This is all if we go up though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could Noonie be PL bound? Looks like it.

That's bad news for Noone disliking Stat Brother. :lol: Got a feeling Malkay Mackay knows more slightly more than history revisionist Stat Brother, about getting a great squad together for a promotion campaign.

Not there quite yet, but well done to Mackay, Bellamy, Noonie, Whittingham & Co. The stand out club over the entire season.
Now now, play nice.

How many people, saying the same thing, do you need before they are no longer revisionists?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here