Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benitez Sacked

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
You never know because, of course, money talks, but you'd like to think GP would look at the complete sh*tshow way Everton have been managed and steer well clear at this moment. He will obviously be gone one day, but I'd be surprised if it was this job.

Look at the way they've managed things recently. Let Rafa sell players, spaff a lot of money on replacements and days later give him the boot. Not much evidence of strategic thinking chez Goodison.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course Everton want Potter as manager.

I’d like Jennifer Lawrence to throw herself at me exclaiming “I’m all yours, big boy” but that’s not going to happen either.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wayne Rooney would be interesting. Done a good job for Derby but obviously would never say no to Everton, unlike many players on their probable shortlist.

You do know we are 9th in the table and 9 points above Everton? How does that lead you to think that Potter would get sacked quicker than Benitez?

Dont feed the troll

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agent Rafa, if he doesn’t take another job anytime soon, relieved the Toffees of £24m …. for this ….

FF99CF6A-9AC9-460E-85D9-874ACEF93F00.png

For 6 years the club’s been a bountiful fruit machine for football folk from across the world.

D67F4470-F2D7-49DC-AEA4-E337E0E4CCF0.png

Attachments

• 924EA7D7-5EC6-4167-822E-54D0BB2B4651.png
    924EA7D7-5EC6-4167-822E-54D0BB2B4651.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 339

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Everton fans I know want somebody who knows what they are doing, and regrettably Mr Potato Head isn't it.

:flounce:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Shocking that he wasn’t sacked in the ‘morning. Just torturing their poor fans by making them wait.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What I will say about his time at Everton is that his Everton team that beat us in August were by far the best team we've played this season, IMHO. We were never in that game at any point. Totally outclassed. And that's the only game this season where that has happened to us.

He seemed to get off to a good start there. What went wrong?
What's going on with Richarlison not playing for last two months for example? Injured, or fall out with Benitez?

He does seem to have a history of short term stays at clubs I see. I still think he's built a career over here off the back of that Champions League final turnaround game.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Breaking news: Graham Potter is very happy at Brighton and isn’t currently interested in talking to Everton about their managerial vacancy, Sky Sports News understands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Breaking news: Graham Potter is very happy at Brighton and isn’t currently interested in talking to Everton about their managerial vacancy, Sky Sports News understands.

So he's definitely offski then.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Listening to 5 live now, Robbie and Chris. Chris thinks Everton should go flat out for Graham Potter but, would Graham go there? Robbie answers with no disrespect to Brighton who were great to me when I was there, yes, Graham would go to Everton!

Which sums up what he knows about anything. He can be binned off to save the licence fee

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Listening to 5 live now, Robbie and Chris. Chris thinks Everton should go flat out for Graham Potter but, would Graham go there? Robbie answers with no disrespect to Brighton who were great to me when I was there, yes, Graham would go to Everton!

They're a comedy duo them pair. Half of what they say is just said for a wind up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What I will say about his time at Everton is that his Everton team that beat us in August were by far the best team we've played this season, IMHO. We were never in that game at any point. Totally outclassed. And that's the only game this season where that has happened to us.

He seemed to get off to a good start there. What went wrong?
What's going on with Richarlison not playing for last two months for example? Injured, or fall out with Benitez?

He does seem to have a history of short term stays at clubs I see. I still think he's built a career over here off the back of that Champions League final turnaround game.

Richarlison was never dropped. A long knee injury from Sept, an ankle injury from Dec. Calvert-Diver was also out for ages with injuries.

Everton deprived of their only decent forwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here