Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benitez Sacked

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Haha. Yes! He listed a bunch of things Everton don’t have:

Good Owner, Chairman, CEO, Director of Sport and trust in their managers.

Which, looking at their forum, some have taken as a sleight on them and, predictably, didn't want him anyway and hope we get relegated next season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yeah United has done really well without him, was clearly the issue.

Have a day off ‘Swanny,’ meditate, go out in the lovely Sverige air, go barefoot in nature, switch off your devices for two whole days, reclaim yourself, centre yourself and you’ll see how pointless this all is and that ultimately it achieves the sum total of nothing except raising blood pressure, causing eye strain, giving the very occasional dopamine hit (often the opposite). Do not ignore this message. It’s currently a not too icy 4 degrees in ‘Goatberg’ (Gothenburg). Get yourself out there immediately.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
"It's not nice when someone loses their job. Rafael Benitez came across as a real gentleman. I wish him well.

"I can’t comment on speculation. I am very happy here, one of the best run clubs in the Premier League with a fantastic owner, chairman, CEO, sports director, great people at the club. A nice environment to work in. An ambitious club. I just get on with my job here and do my best.

"People want to write something but the reality is I am at a really good football club that can help me. That allow me to do my job, give me trust. These things are important. You can’t help what people put about it."

What a classy gent he is.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Have a day off ‘Swanny,’ meditate, go out in the lovely Sverige air, go barefoot in nature, switch off your devices for two whole days, reclaim yourself, centre yourself and you’ll see how pointless this all is and that ultimately it achieves the sum total of nothing except raising blood pressure, causing eye strain, giving the very occasional dopamine hit (often the opposite). Do not ignore this message. It’s currently a not too icy 4 degrees in ‘Goatberg’ (Gothenburg). Get yourself out there immediately.

???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah United has done really well without him, was clearly the issue.

Manure have spent over £1b on transfer fees post-Taggart, £374m of that under Ollie's At The Wheel pot-less 3 years.

Temporary coach Rangnick has had 7 weeks to get to grips with the Solskjaer chaos [Manure 0 - 5 Liverpool].

Something tells me the former Cardiff manager Ollie is shit.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
The thing I take from reading the Everton forums is that plenty are waking up to the fact that it's not just the manager that's the issue, but also they haven't got a clue about the make-up of our club and the way it's run. Not that they should mind, but even now the way our club is run is very under the radar with most fans and the way some talk about him lacking ambition just don't get the Brighton Project. Really great times to be an Albion fan right now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Manure have spent over £1b on transfer fees post-Taggart, £374m of that under Ollie's At The Wheel pot-less 3 years.

Temporary coach Rangnick has had 7 weeks to get to grips with the Solskjaer chaos [Manure 0 - 5 Liverpool].

Something tells me the former Cardiff manager Ollie is shit.

Something tells be blaming/sacking the manager - Moyes, Mourinho, van Gaal, Ole and next up Rangnick is just lazy analysis and lazy solutions.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
"It's not nice when someone loses their job. Rafael Benitez came across as a real gentleman. I wish him well.

"I can’t comment on speculation. I am very happy here, one of the best run clubs in the Premier League with a fantastic owner, chairman, CEO, sports director, great people at the club. A nice environment to work in. An ambitious club. I just get on with my job here and do my best.

"People want to write something but the reality is I am at a really good football club that can help me. That allow me to do my job, give me trust. These things are important. You can’t help what people put about it."

What a classy gent he is.

Fills your heart with joy doesn't it! Marvellous. Our football club is in a brilliant place at every level

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Birmingham Full Members Cup was the night of the fog??

No idea.

Had anyone said I went to a FMC game - I'd have told them to feck off.
I find the fact that I spent 30p on a programme absolutely staggering.

I must have been minted that week.

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
I hear a lot about how Potter must "have is eye on a top 6 job", and things like that. I also have seen comments from Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea fans in the past few days, all saying they would want him at their clubs after their current manager. But there is something many fans of other clubs fail to understand about him.

It feels weird to even say this, but it seems to me that the most important thing to Potter isn't winning exactly, although that's important and enjoyable and you always try to do it. More important to him, and maybe you could say an approach to winning, is the process of helping people become better and achieve their potential.

It's about relationships, it's about learning and improving and helping other people learn and improve. He seems to get his satisfaction from that process more than just the metric of having won a match. Winning football matches might be an important aim, but I get the impression that isn't what it's all about for him. I think if he was winning all the time, but not helping his players and contributing to and witnessing their development, he wouldn't be as satisfied.

The biggest richest clubs always want to go out and buy the finished article. Players who have reached their potential and have arrived as the footballers they can be and want to be. We, on the other hand, recruit for potential. Young players with high ceilings and lots of development still ahead of them. We don't recruit the finished article, we can't afford them, and our way is more sustainable. But it requires more than just a tactician. It requires a mentor. Someone who cares about the person and their development and journey to find out who and what they can be.

I actually think that we are a better fit for Graham than practically any other club, including the big rich clubs, who most people assume managers will just jump at the chance to manage. We ask a manager to do the exact kind of job which I think gives Graham the most satisfaction, the kind of job he is particularly adept at and finds most rewarding.

I think (I'd certainly like to think) that if a United or City came calling, it wouldn't be the no-brainer people might assume. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I think the above would have have some significance for him in making that kind of decision if it came to it.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I hear a lot about how Potter must "have is eye on a top 6 job", and things like that. I also have seen comments from Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea fans in the past few days, all saying they would want him at their clubs after their current manager. But there is something many fans of other clubs fail to understand about him.

It feels weird to even say this, but it seems to me that the most important thing to Potter isn't winning exactly, although that's important and enjoyable and you always try to do it. More important to him, and maybe you could say an approach to winning, is the process of helping people become better and achieve their potential.

It's about relationships, it's about learning and improving and helping other people learn and improve. He seems to get his satisfaction from that process more than just the metric of having won a match. Winning football matches might be an important aim, but I get the impression that isn't what it's all about for him. I think if he was winning all the time, but not helping his players and contributing to and witnessing their development, he wouldn't be as satisfied.

The biggest richest clubs always want to go out and buy the finished article. Players who have reached their potential and have arrived as the footballers they can be and want to be. We, on the other hand, recruit for potential. Young players with high ceilings and lots of development still ahead of them. We don't recruit the finished article, we can't afford them, and our way is more sustainable. But it requires more than just a tactician. It requires a mentor. Someone who cares about the person and their development and journey to find out who and what they can be.

I actually think that we are a better fit for Graham than practically any other club, including the big rich clubs, who most people assume managers will just jump at the chance to manage. We ask a manager to do the exact kind of job which I think gives Graham the most satisfaction, the kind of job he is particularly adept at and finds most rewarding.

I think (I'd certainly like to think) that if a United or City came calling, it wouldn't be the no-brainer people might assume. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I think the above would have have some significance for him in making that kind of decision if it came to it.

Our very own Ted Lasso.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
No idea.

Had anyone said I went to a FMC game - I'd have told them to feck off.
I find the fact that I spent 30p on a programme absolutely staggering.

I must have been minted that week.

I'm sure it was. We were in the north and could barely see the few city fans that travelled. No idea on the cost of the programme though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels weird to even say this, but it seems to me that the most important thing to Potter isn't winning exactly.

No shit sherlock.

When Old Ma Pot feels amorous, all she has to do is dress up as a 1-1 draw and it's rumpy-pumpy all night long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here