Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Benicio Baker-Boaitey signs on loan

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Must be a dream move for him, he looks absolutely DELIGHTED.

Looks a lot happier inside, must have just been a bit of shock to come from Portugal to England and be asked to stand on the seafront in baltic conditions in a t-shirt :lolol:

Benicio-Baker-Boaitey-Signing-31JAN22-PH-001.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looks like a bit of a baller (as the young people say).

[TWEET]1488269859163017218[/TWEET]

That first bit of the clip, got really quick feet and lovely close ball control. As someone said earlier, if he's anywhere as near as quick as Our Tariq, he's going to be an excellent and exciting player for us.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a plan to pair up Benicio with Tariq Lamptey on the training pitch, as there are obvious parallels - small in stature, low centre of gravity, fast, and can skin a player for fun.

If I'm right, we can look forward to Benicio benefiting from Tariq's experience and success, and coming on in leaps and bounds.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How many appearances for Chelsea has Lamptey made when we signed him ?

TBF I remember seeing Lamptey play for Chelsea (against Arsenal it was) on telly and thinking he looked incredible - was delighted when we signed him soon after.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TBF I remember seeing Lamptey play for Chelsea (against Arsenal it was) on telly and thinking he looked incredible - was delighted when we signed him soon after.

You're right - but he only came on in the sub after 60 mins.

My point is - and it is very obvious, but our strategy is to look at those talented players at big clubs at a level above ours and getting them in with a clear pathway to first team PL squad if good enough. It worked for Lamptey and it will be the same for all these players.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a plan to pair up Benicio with Tariq Lamptey on the training pitch, as there are obvious parallels - small in stature, low centre of gravity, fast, and can skin a player for fun.

If I'm right, we can look forward to Benicio benefiting from Tariq's experience and success, and coming on in leaps and bounds.

And i'd pay good money to see them facing off against each other in a training game

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Another Ashworth waste of time then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here