Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bendtner to palace

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
If we were spending beyond our means, then yes.

Thankfully we're not, so it's a moot point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Serious question to the legions of Palace on here today.

Do you feel even a little bit of remorse / embarrassment about splashing all this money around when you have left individuals and businesses bankrupt in the recent past by not paying debt?

Not be facetious. Serious question - does it register or not really?

They are just here to gloat and goad. Of course it doesn't register.

Immense bellendary from them so far today.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
Bloom said "Like a lot of Championship club, we are losing millions of pounds every year" after you announced an £8m loss with a projection for another £8m loss.

Please explain to me how this is living within your means.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
They are just here to gloat and goad. Of course it doesn't register.

Immense bellendary from them so far today.

I think the problem is the arguements are always at a micro level as opposed to the larger picture and it results it's sillyness.

Yes we went into admin there is no hiding that fact, but it's not like losing £8m a year is something to be proud of and claim to "live within your means".

For example, you ask do we feel bad? Did you know there was a just giving page where fans donated their own money to pay off St John's ambulance?

Over £15,000 was raised- a great gesture by the fans where the average donation was over £15.

http://www.justgiving.com/PalaceFans4StJohnAmbulance/new/10

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I think the problem is the arguements are always at a micro level as opposed to the larger picture and it results it's sillyness.

Yes we went into admin there is no hiding that fact, but it's not like losing £8m a year is something to be proud of and claim to "live within your means".

For example, you ask do we feel bad? Did you know there was a just giving page where fans donated their own money to pay off St John's ambulance?

Over £15,000 was raised- a great gesture by the fans where the average donation was over £15.

http://www.justgiving.com/PalaceFans4StJohnAmbulance/new/10

Yep a nice gesture for sure. However the millions you have duped the tax payer out of still got swallowed up by cheating.

Our £8m loss is exactly why we are not spending big at the moment - a lesson Palace and many other teams could learn from.

It is frustrating though!!!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
SSN reporting Bentner walked in, met Parish, then walked out 10 minutes later :lolol:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London

Do you feel even a little bit of remorse / embarrassment about splashing all this money around when you have left individuals and businesses bankrupt in the recent past by not paying debt?

Not being facetious. Serious question - does it register or not really?

Not one little bit. In fact you lot get so pissed off about it it makes me laugh :D

Last edited:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Ultimately, forums are forums and we're both spending time on them at present.

Back to work for me now, hope your pants hold firm for the rest of the window!

They will do while a joke of a club make joke offers. Enjoy work

Cheese_Roll

May 19, 2009
The mighty Palace
Yep a nice gesture for sure. However the millions you have duped the tax payer out of still got swallowed up by cheating.

Our £8m loss is exactly why we are not spending big at the moment - a lesson Palace and many other teams could learn from.

It is frustrating though!!!!

Not being facetious. Serious question - does it register or not really?

Can you share the companies and individuals that went Bankrupt? Or is this myth? I think I already know the answer. Bad debt provisions cover any loss, and these provisions are always made with football clubs.

Individuals: Jordan? You genuinely bothered about Jordan bankrupting himself? - and almost the club with it.... We owed £28m. £20miillion was 'owed' to Jordan. You owe your owner £115m.... Why don't your 'values' extend to your own club?

Palace have never been in more debt than approx £28m. Do you go on Boltons message boards asking them why they have debts totalling well over £100m? Cardiff's, Leicester's etc. Or is this not relevant because you only dislike Palace? Do you question your own debt? Losing £8m a year, and expecting it to increase - this year? It's not great at all - this with the benfit of your stadium and the corporate side of things.

How can you afford to turn down a cash proposal of 15% of your turnover for one player? Does this not register with you?

Why only mention Palace? You lot make administration out like some sort of party - like we were well lucky.... It's anything but. I wouldn't wish it on anyone - but so many clubs could follow the path we have trodden - and will do in the future - unless we can get the money to filter down into leagues. FFP is a start but it's dressed up to make it sound like it's a solution to the problem - but in reality it's a token sweeping it under the carpet to make it look like they are doing something. They want all the money to stay amongst the elite. I'd say that is a bad thing for football (even as a current Prem club).

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Can you share the companies and individuals that went Bankrupt? Or is this myth? I think I already know the answer. Bad debt provisions cover any loss, and these provisions are always made with football clubs.

Individuals: Jordan? You genuinely bothered about Jordan bankrupting himself? - and almost the club with it.... We owed £28m. £20miillion was 'owed' to Jordan. You owe your owner £115m.... Why don't your 'values' extend to your own club?

Palace have never been in more debt than approx £28m. Do you go on Boltons message boards asking them why they have debts totalling well over £100m? Cardiff's, Leicester's etc. Or is this not relevant because you only dislike Palace? Do you question your own debt? Losing £8m a year, and expecting it to increase - this year? It's not great at all - this with the benfit of your stadium and the corporate side of things.

How can you afford to turn down a cash proposal of 15% of your turnover for one player? Does this not register with you?

Why only mention Palace? You lot make administration out like some sort of party - like we were well lucky.... It's anything but. I wouldn't wish it on anyone - but so many clubs could follow the path we have trodden - and will do in the future - unless we can get the money to filter down into leagues. FFP is a start but it's dressed up to make it sound like it's a solution to the problem - but in reality it's a token sweeping it under the carpet to make it look like they are doing something. They want all the money to stay amongst the elite. I'd say that is a bad thing for football (even as a current Prem club).

I know. Taking a ten point deduction and then staying in the same division debt free. Nightmare. How you put up with that twice is beyond me.

Oh, and just because loads of teams do it doesn't make it right.

Yes we have an annual debt but we are servicing it. You lot didn't.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
DONE DEAL

A move for Ian Holloway as Crystal Palace sign Reading defender Adrian Mariappa on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Mariappa, 26, only joined the Royals last summer from Watford.

Only appearance of the season for Mariappa so far: Peterborough 6 Reading 0.

Top signing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SSN reporting Bentner walked in, met Parish, then walked out 10 minutes later :lolol:
What would we say to Nicky B driving down the A24?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here