[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neutralobserver

Aug 12, 2020
As a neutral, I think there´s one important point that people aren´t thinking about. Ben White played every game and every minute for Leeds last year. Do you not find that extremely unsual? Not one knock or tweek? Whether he stays at Brighton or moves to Leeds or Liverpool, what happens if he starts the first game against cloggers like Burnley, Palace, Everton or Newcastle and breaks his leg? Whoever bought or sold him would be gutted or relieved apart from Liverpool who don´t need to worry about money. 30M is a big risk for ANY player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People need to consider - we paid £18M-£20M for Adam Webster. If we sell Ben White and Shane Duffy - we need to spend minimum £20M to replace as a ball playing CB. Especially if Potter wants to try and move to a back 3

It isn't 'really' about the money, it is about having the right kind of player that we know to go straight into the first team.

Nah, we can just pluck another oven-ready CB off the Lancing conveyor belt :D

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dunno what the fuss is all about. A couple of weeks pre-season training and he'll forget all about Leeds.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Football Insider claim the latest offer was for £30m, yet the Seagulls have once again knocked it back.

The offer would have comfortably broken the record for Leeds' most expensive signing, which was Rio Ferdinand from West Ham in 2000 for £18m.

It shows how determined Leeds are to hold onto White following his excellent loan spell that helped the club to promotion back to the Premier League'

Exam question:

Explain the contradiction in this newspaper report.....

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I actually thought Bloom would take 30 million if that bid is confirmed to be true. Staggering really. I cannot see Leeds coming back with another offer. If reports are correct Bloom wants 40 million.

Bloom knows at the end of next season he will be worth nearer double that and will have a bidding war between the top 6 .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
'Football Insider claim the latest offer was for £30m, yet the Seagulls have once again knocked it back.

The offer would have comfortably broken the record for Leeds' most expensive signing, which was Rio Ferdinand from West Ham in 2000 for £18m.

It shows how determined Leeds are to hold onto White following his excellent loan spell that helped the club to promotion back to the Premier League'

Exam question:

Explain the contradiction in this newspaper report.....
Aren't there a few.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As above, we don't have to get into specifics of what is or isn't known by people close to Ben; very few will be privy to that information and rightly so. White has been very professional about the whole saga.

I will re-iterate my above post, any club who bids on a player knows beforehand that player is willing to join them?

Doesn't mean the move will happen, doesn't mean he won't go onto have a successful career at Brighton, doesn't mean we won if he signs for us . . . it's just what it is.

Regards

Glad you included a question mark in this point, because I don't think that is the case. In many situations, clubs will follow the agreed process of contacting the club about a player, and seeking approval to contact the player.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I actually thought Bloom would take 30 million if that bid is confirmed to be true. Staggering really. I cannot see Leeds coming back with another offer. If reports are correct Bloom wants 40 million.

OR maybe Bloom & co want to keep the good players and build a team to take us to the next level. We don’t need to sell our best players, so why not keep them and push on?

I can understand the Leeds whackos failing to grasp the idea, but Albion fans?
The future is Bright.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No one is fretting over Bielsa's contract.

It is all sorted but you ain't Leeds so wouldn't know that of course.

Not a good WUM are you?.

Nice in Wetherby; lucky you.

At the moment, there’s no assistant manager, coach, performance analyst & another member of the coaching staff because they’ve all gone to Huddersfield. Bielsa needs to sort himself out pretty quickly to replace them before thinking about players. Has he found anyone to interpret for him yet?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
At the moment, there’s no assistant manager, coach, performance analyst & another member of the coaching staff because they’ve all gone to Huddersfield. Bielsa needs to sort himself out pretty quickly to replace them before thinking about players. Has he found anyone to interpret for him yet?

Do you not know the man? He can do it all himself, play centre back and striker at the same as well as turn water into wine!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

#FreeMarcelo

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Starting to sound a bit of a fool yourself to be fair.

Have i mentioned any of these things?

If you read replies from muppets, no doubt you will start to post in a similar vein.

Any club who bids on a player knows that player is interested in joining them beforehand.
I think it's probably a fair shout that Ben White would be happy/willing to join Leeds. They're going into the Premier League, he's just had a great season there's the fans love him. Why would he be against joining them?

The problem is, this doesn't mean that he is DESPERATE to join Leeds and needs rescuing from Brighton.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No one is fretting over Bielsa's contract.

It is all sorted but you ain't Leeds so wouldn't know that of course.

Not a good WUM are you?.

Nice in Wetherby; lucky you.

If it's all done why not announce it? It might even help to encourage players to sign for Leeds.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
OR maybe Bloom & co want to keep the good players and build a team to take us to the next level. We don’t need to sell our best players, so why not keep them and push on?

I can understand the Leeds whackos failing to grasp the idea, but Albion fans?
The future is Bright.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tony used a few spare quid to massively short oil/some other obvious stocks and commodities a few months ago (know I would have if I'd had the spare cash) and is now sat on an even bigger wallet than we've ever imagined. After all, he's clearly quite good at this "making tons of money" thing.

We certainly don't need to sell our players to newly prompted teams. As poor little Leeds are discovering.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Starting to sound a bit of a fool yourself to be fair.

Have i mentioned any of these things?

If you read replies from muppets, no doubt you will start to post in a similar vein.

Any club who bids on a player knows that player is interested in joining them beforehand.

Surely you must be a bit concerned about next season. Does not look as though you are going to get Ben White and Kalvin Philips wants to go to Aston Villa. Bit concerning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports