Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
What a really stupid thing to say. Been many a club that has bid for a player, yet the player isnt interested in moving

Living outside Leeds, I see the delusion grow day by day. Thankfully Im not a Leeds fan, but if were, i would be fretting over Bielsa unsigned contract

Starting to sound a bit of a fool yourself to be fair.

Any club who bids on a player knows that player is interested in joining them beforehand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Think you need to stay of twitter for a bit.

We've bid for 50 players already if you didn't know already.

Was in L'equipe actually.

I didn't know that. 50 players been bid for? How many do you need to sign before Marcelo signs his new contract?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Came out of the blue did that link and hard to know what to believe at times of course such is social media and every f****r thinking he is an ITK journalist. Our go to guy who writes for 'the athletic' has close ties to the club and has told us the players the club like and will chase. This guy and others like him were not mentioned.

We are led to believe that Leeds were interested but It could have even been a phone call from our club to theirs asking about his situation. However that link may have been used to raise the price that Lille eventually paid since the player wanted to go there and apparently wasn't interested in other clubs.

From his pictures and general play - yeah, the obligatory youtube collection - he didn't look a Bielsa player at all and looked well out of shape. No-one really was fussed about him. As Villa and Brighton have found, very easy to throw money at European based players who cannot cut the mustard.

Think you're grasping at straws a bit here to make a point but . . . you are not alone.

The story is literally from L'Equipe... you know, the hugely reputable French sport newspaper. Not a twitter ITK journalist.

He's a quality player - so much so, that Lille have faith that he will replace Victor Osimhen after he was sold to Napoli for £55m. Imagine thinking he wouldn't have fit up top better under Bielsa than Patrick Effing Bamford.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The Leeds board aren't really the problem here - they know, as our club have for a couple of years now, that White is a class player. They may well have put out a few offers to see if they can get a nibble, so no shame in that, although you do wonder why they'd spend half their transfer budget on one player.

No it's their gobshite classless fans giving them a bad name again. They have absolutely no idea where they are in modern day football's pecking order. Mind you, nor do the bookies it seems - both Albion and Leeds are 4/1 to be relegated next season according to oddschecker! Now I can't see us going down, but 4/1 look like tasty odds for a team still trying to buy former loan players so that their squad is top half championship standard!

I think the Leeds board are scared shitless of the fans and will try anything to avoid looking looking like they didn’t try. They don’t want to face the wrath of the mob.

If anything the fans are just making their jobs harder by inflating White’s value and reinforcing the idea that they can’t live without him.

Has Bielsa signed yet? I wonder if his signature is contingent on White or a group of specific players he has identified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Came out of the blue did that link and hard to know what to believe at times of course such is social media and every f****r thinking he is an ITK journalist. Our go to guy who writes for 'the athletic' has close ties to the club and has told us the players the club like and will chase. This guy and others like him were not mentioned.

We are led to believe that Leeds were interested but It white blackcould have even been a phone call from our club to theirs asking about his situation. However that link may have been used to raise the price that Lille eventually paid since the player wanted to go there and apparently wasn't interested in other clubs.

From his pictures and general play - yeah, the obligatory youtube collection - he didn't look a Bielsa player at all and looked well out of shape. No-one really was fussed about him. As Villa and Brighton have found, very easy to throw money at European based players who cannot cut the mustard.

Think you're grasping at straws a bit here to make a point but . . . you are not alone.

You always call black white and white black. You’re clutching at straws in the ten foot hole you’ve dug for yourself. What did you just “reiterate”? what was your absolute statement. That no club bids on a player unless player is interested and wants to come.

You just bid over 30 million for a player coveted by Leeds, a good player. Genk accepted offer, then player said he had zero desire to play for Leeds. Invalidates your made up fantasy...... and causes you to go into damage limitation mode to try and protect the Leeds delusion of grandeur you’ve established in your head. It couldn’t be he rejected Leeds, that’s not possible...... so you dream up excuses to try and justify it away thus protecting the delusion of grandeur.

It’s already starting with White in Wacko, he’s never kicked a ball in PL, if we don’t get him it proves Bielsa has something else lined up....... you’re just lying to yourself

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
What a really stupid thing to say. Been many a club that has bid for a player, yet the player isnt interested in moving

Living outside Leeds, I see the delusion grow day by day. Thankfully Im not a Leeds fan, but if were, i would be fretting over Bielsa unsigned contract
No one is fretting over Bielsa's contract.

It is all sorted but you ain't Leeds so wouldn't know that of course.

Not a good WUM are you?.

Nice in Wetherby; lucky you.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

It's got to be easier for their little heads to believe. The alternative, or reality, that a player could possibly reject a move to THE Leeds United must be unthinkable to them.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Think you need to stay off twitter for a bit.

We've bid for 50 players already if you didn't know.

Hows that working out for you? How many PL standard players are queuing around the block to sign? I got the impression everyone you are interested in has started with the figure of 20 mill + and that has completely thrown you.
This is the PL and every player is either ridiculously expensive to sign, ridiculously high wages on a free OR a complete left field gamble...Only now in our 4th year are we slowly moving towards less of the left field gambles due to cost. However your lost seem to have forgotten that you have not been in PL for 16 years and things have most certainly changed.

Lets face it, Sheff Utd and Burnley will be more attractive propsitions to Leeds at the moment.....

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Let's put in a £10 million bid in for "Ben White's best mate" Kalvin Philipps just for a laugh.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not seen him at his flat near to where I live for quite some time. Used to see him out walking, in Costa, in Church. #whereismarcelo

Was in L'equipe actually.

I didn't know that. 50 players been bid for? How many do you need to sign before Marcelo signs his new contract?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not seen him at his flat near to where I live for quite some time. Used to see him out walking, in Costa, in Church. #whereismarcelo

According to Leeds fans he has been at Elland Road every day this week. Try there

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We are led to believe that Leeds were interested but It could have even been a phone call from our club to theirs asking about his situation. However that link may have been used to raise the price that Lille eventually paid since the player wanted to go there and apparently wasn't interested in other clubs.

Your "go to guy" is a fool who thinks that Ben White doesn't know any of the Brighton squad.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No one is fretting over Bielsa's contract.

It is all sorted but you ain't Leeds so wouldn't know that of course.

Not a good WUM are you?.

Nice in Wetherby; lucky you.

The world will die laughing if Bielsa doesn't sign and I have a good mate who is a Leeds fan and besides being completely insufferably arrogant at the moment he is absolutely bricking it at the thought that the great man won't sign.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Let's put in a £10 million bid in for "Ben White's best mate" Kalvin Philipps just for a laugh.

Yeah. £10m should be enough. We’ll decide that’s enough. They’re being greedy otherwise.

He’s wasted at Leeds playing hoof ball with Bielsa. He’s Brighton through and through. #freekalvinphillps [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here