Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So now we are ‘taking the p***’ for asking for over £30m for someone who has never kicked a ball in the PL

cough cough.......

c34792e0e8721dcf6eae08e2be0d5752.jpg

Villa fans missed an opportunity here with their free Kelvin Phillips mugs.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone else think/hope that the no Ben white, no Bielsa theory might be true?

Imagine if brighton refusing to sell White is the catalyst for Bielsa losing his shite and walking away. Would be marvellous.

They’ve started a thread on that on WACCOE today. I forgot the other player mentioned (and no idea of the veracity of it), but they said something about after last season there was one player Bielsa absolutely insisted for him to re-sign, they eventually got him and re-signed. They’re certainly debating if White is a condition of Bielsa

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I've learned through time, you NEVER keep a player who wants to leave. Get them the **** out of my club no matter who they are . . . side over self every time is a bit of a Leeds hangover from the Revie years.

Regards

No offence, this is why we think you’re all deluded. Where have you got this idea that Ben wants to leave from?

A couple of Instagram selfies?
A silly tweet from a few Leeds fans?

It’s all in your head. We loaned you a player. He’s come back home. That’s it...

By all means carry on with your national #freebenwhite campaign. But honestly it’s quite pathetic at this point.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They’ve started a thread on that on WACCOE today. I forgot the other player mentioned (and no idea of the veracity of it), but they said something about after last season there was one player Bielsa absolutely insisted for him to re-sign, they eventually got him and re-signed. They’re certainly debating if White is a condition of Bielsa

That would be incredibly funny. Plus if Tony thinks that there is any truth in this whatsoever, then it's even more of a reason to keep stringing them along with bigger and bigger offers........ and still end up saying "not for sale sorry".

You can see why their fans are panicking so much!

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Going by that article they seem to be getting overly excited about signing a 16 and 18 year old from Ireland and another 18 year old from Wigan. Development squad players at best but Leeds fans making them out as something more. Meanwhile we've signed a player who won the Premier League and Champions League in the last year or so and another player who reached the CL semi finals last season. I know who's business I'd consider better at this stage of the window.
Oh the irony.

Maybe you should do some research on Joe Gelhardt before having a belly laugh and then you can apologise to his ex-team mate Jensen Weir who you signed last week but you obviously don't know about.

My thoughts are with Wigan though par for the course when you hit the buffers as we can testify having lost our own youth in similar circumstances.

Happy to compare signings when the window shuts.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
That would be incredibly funny. Plus if Tony thinks that there is any truth in this whatsoever, then it's even more of a reason to keep stringing them along with bigger and bigger offers........ and still end up saying "not for sale sorry".

You can see why their fans are panicking so much!

This is why I raised it. I think its an interesting theory and while i'm cautious I would love it to be true.

His contracts are always long drawn out processes as he has a long list of demands and an eye for detail.
He has history of making demands about recruitment in particular.

Its yet another poker player analogy but seems so fitting. Let them up the stakes so much so that they throw the keys to the Jag into the table. Tony may just be dragging this out and seeing the kingdom crumble at Bellend Rd.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
On 6 July 2016, Bielsa was appointed manager of Italian Serie A club Lazio.[34] However, just two days later, on 8 July, Bielsa quit as the club's manager,[35] prompting Lazio to issue legal action against Bielsa for breach of contract, suing him for €50 million.[36] Bielsa later explained that the club had been unable to recruit the players he had wanted and did not feel that his needs would be supported during the transfer window

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The source of the £30m claim is Football Insider who cannot completely be dismissed as LPOF, but did announce that Albion were making a formal approach to Wilder after Hughton was sacked last year.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oh the irony.

Maybe you should do some research on Joe Gelhardt before having a belly laugh and then you can apologise to his ex-team mate Jensen Weir who you signed last week but you obviously don't know about.

My thoughts are with Wigan though par for the course when you hit the buffers as we can testify having lost our own youth in similar circumstances.

No we know nothing about the lad who signed for us but his dad does who happens to look after the youth players development for the club

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well either we pick up the best defender in the championship on a free. Thanks Leeds.

Or Leeds or Chelsea etc. send us a cheque for £35million++. Thanks whoever it may be.

Life is good.

:albion2:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Oh the irony.

You really don't get it do you. We are more than aware we signed Jensen Weir, we also know he has been signed as an academy prospect, your fans are so desperate for some transfer news you are clinging onto any signing no matter what level they will be at.

Oh and the irony here is you thinking the way you hit the buffers is in any way comparable to Wigan's current problems. Owners being ***** and selling the club down the river is something we do sympathise with. Going into administration because your board overspent is also familiar mainly to a mob just up the road from us, we'll treat it with the same way we treat Palace's multiple administrations, with absolute derision.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh the irony.

I don't think you know what Irony means. We know plenty about players signed for our youth team. As this thread from, I dunno, a few weeks ago shows. When we signed...... Jensen Weir. :lolol:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381424-Youth-player-transfers-2020

The post you quoted wasn't belly laughing at anyone. It was pointing out the relative quality of transfers so far.

But then you know that and were just trying a bit of the usual deflection and straw clutching which your fans are clearly "World Class" at.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Wonder what level of salary Brighton have been offering White in these contracts.

Valuing him at 40million would suggest, what 40k-80k a week?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Known here in Leeds that Bielsa has issued a list of players he wants signed before he commits to a new contract. These range in each position from difficult to probable.

With Bielsa, they are playing with Dynamite. Safe as it goes, but when messed about with it explodes.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Wonder what level of salary Brighton have been offering White in these contracts.

Not how it works buddy boy. We can reject any bid we like. It’s not our job to give fair market value that perfectly aligns with a perceived salary.

Not that it’s any of Leed’s business of course.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Pretty sure we have no-one much over 50k-60k a week - and that is seasoned pros like Dunk, Maupay etc.

I imagine White will be offered a similar deal to Webster.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

who says we've even offered him a contract? Whats wrong with the one he's already got?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here