[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
At the moment, there’s no assistant manager, coach, performance analyst & another member of the coaching staff because they’ve all gone to Huddersfield. Bielsa needs to sort himself out pretty quickly to replace them before thinking about players. Has he found anyone to interpret for him yet?
Leeds are supposed to have reported back for training today. The deLEEDudedS were praying this would trigger an Bielsa contract announcement. Did they even have anyone to note the players' weights?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
As above, we don't have to get into specifics of what is or isn't known by people close to Ben; very few will be privy to that information and rightly so. White has been very professional about the whole saga.

I will re-iterate my above post, any club who bids on a player knows beforehand that player is willing to join them?

Doesn't mean the move will happen, doesn't mean he won't go onto have a successful career at Brighton, doesn't mean we won if he signs for us . . . it's just what it is.

Regards

LEEDSLIVE & SUSSEXLIVE are purely clickbait drivel.

I was wondering how to filter them out of my NewsNow searches?

They don't get original scoops. Just quote/credit others or run stories on tweets with 2 likes.

Pretty sure there's a "somethingLIVE" for every region and they just tweak the articles to give bias to that region.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Tony will gamble 25 mil into 50 mil in just one season,still IMO keeping the 25 mil stake safe.....That looks pretty good to me.[now if someone offers 50mil plus now.......]

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We will not sell him to Leeds. If the club receive an an enormous bid from a top 4 club then conceivably he’d go. My guess is that we’ll keep him and he’ll sign a new contract after a few months once he sees how brilliant Graham Potter is.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Screenshot (155).png

So I've been wanting to talk about this for a while. I like Webster a lot but Ben White has a certain composure about him.
He's stylish, has a commanding presence and exudes confidence and calm which has an effect on the players around him.
If you have played football at any level you know this is true. And it is invaluable.

STATS aren't everything. Which is why we shouldn't be looking at this as if selling Ben White is still a win.
I'm not sure we need the money. I do think we should be progressing in the Premier League and despite what many think our defence can always be improved.
(plus there are other players we can sell first)

It is well known that Potter has a degree in Social Sciences and takes the psychological and sociological side of the game very seriously.
Managerial style: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter#Managerial_style

This lad has proved year after year of stepping up divisions that he can not only handle it, he can thrive.
Newport (Div 2) -> Peterborough (Div 1) -> Leeds (Championship).
I'm not worried about his step up to the Premier League.

Anyway, long story short, stats don't tell the full story.
We have carefully been developing him and I'd like to see him in the first team.
At this point it will feel like a tremendous new signing and a boost to the club.

Finally I really don't think the Liverpool and Chelsea stories are serious.
Honestly I'd plant those stories to make Leeds fans settle down, or keep his name and our club in the news for marketing purposes.

(and if you are one of those supporters who wants to sell him I believe he'll be worth much more in a year.
plus his shirt sales are going to be silly money now that the Leeds fans marketed him so effectively as the next Maldini)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pz6q6uZ0uk

EDIT: I should tell you that I come from a marketing background hence I've never been a fan of stats alone.
But I should reiterate I like Webster.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
LEEDSLIVE & SUSSEXLIVE are purely clickbait drivel.

I was wondering how to filter them out of my NewsNow searches?

They don't get original scoops. Just quote/credit others or run stories on tweets with 2 likes.

Pretty sure there's a "somethingLIVE" for every region and they just tweak the articles to give bias to that region.

There should be a little 'settings' icon at the end of the name of each publication, a little grey cog. Click that and it should give you a small dropdown menu with the option to 'hide publication' :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What an inspired loan that was and the aftermath is a joy to see :lolol:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53757938

BBC's Simon Stone. No idea how reliable he is on Brighton stuff?

"Brighton have told Leeds United that defender Ben White is not for sale.

White was a pivotal figure while on a season-long loan in Leeds' Championship-winning campaign, and coach Marcelo Bielsa is keen to have the 22-year-old back at Elland Road.

Leeds have already been unsuccessful with two bids and reports of a fresh £30m offer are wide of the mark.

The Seagulls have made it clear they view White as being part of their long-term plans."

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Known here in Leeds that Bielsa has issued a list of players he wants signed before he commits to a new contract. These range in each position from difficult to probable.

With Bielsa, they are playing with Dynamite. Safe as it goes, but when messed about with it explodes.

If that’s the case, White to them is £40m+ with huge sell on, but 30-35 plus sell on to a big 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
[tweet]1293584844937728003[/tweet]

"Relegation favourite" This will upset them :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports