Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Im saying what we have won is just as relevant as they have won lately, which is **** all. Football fans need to stop living in the past. Players and younger fans don't give a **** about what a team won in the 70s, they care about what they've won now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

My son is 15 in September . . . . . He doesn't give a shit about the past, doesn't care about last week, no respect for anything older than last week, new new new .. . . . Tech tech tech

I'm reasonably confident he'll grow out of it, he does have a healthy interest in a few old things.

I'll be amazed and very pleasantly surprised if he ever really gets behind BHA, having said that, it was easy for us 20-40 years ago. Its an expensive military grade operation now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another factor in this whole 'big club' thing is who is running the club.

Just look at Newcastle, or Everton, or West Ham. All bigger clubs but have won eff all in the last 25 years between them, a big factor being idiots in the boardroom. And in that time your Wigans, Swansea, Boro, Leicester have won trophies.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Im saying what we have won is just as relevant as they have won lately, which is **** all. Football fans need to stop living in the past. Players and younger fans don't give a **** about what a team won in the 70s, they care about what they've won now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Who would count Huddersfield Town as a world power in football? But in the 1930s with Herbert Chapman?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Erm let's think

A team that has won the league, FA Cup and appeared in a European Cup Final in recent memory

Or ?

Let's not embarrass ourselves
I remember Leeds winning the league.

The other 2 are ancient history from the dusty record books of yesteryear.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Anyone just looking forward to beating Leeds home and away, irrespective of whether White stays or goes? :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry Dave, I would. Preston, Burnley and Blackpool too.

No problem. I think you're proving what I was trying to say! Leeds success was just a bit more recent, but it's still decades ago.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My current stance is ABL. Anyone but Leeds.

Tony, you can sell Ben White, whoever you want, but not to this classless lot.

More than happy for Liverpool to come in and make a deal. Real big club. Classier fans.

This lot in Leeds are the most despicable fans going. I will have a real problem with us doing any business with them now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well yes, it will definitely not be us that's leaked.

Leeds have a motivation to do so. They've bid what their fans have gone on record as his worth. If they don't get him, they've shown that they have done their bit and it's uppity little Brighton the fans can vent their fury at

White and his representatives also have a clear motivation. A bidding war drives up his salary, whether that be with us or any other club he goes to

Leeds wouldn’t have known , unless White or his agent had told them, these things are highly confidential. Us supporters don’t even really know any of our players contracts, and our club plays it’s cards very closely to their chest, it’s almost obsessional.
TB is ruthless, you don’t get to be worth what he is without that. You see this in small things, his refusal to go in the boardroom at Brentford, preferring to stand with the fans to make a point to his ex employee who he thinks did the dirty on him, to his treatment of Gus, and, to a certain extent, CH. I v think he would have many qualms about letting Ben White see out his contract, in the stiffs, earning only what he is on now, to prove a point to other players who think they hold the whip hand.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nah, I would want to rekindle that legend... that’s what I think is being sold here... the dream of the past made reality... very hard for a young man to ignore the lure.

But sure, he can be a big player here too no doubt. I just don’t see it happening.

But surely any young pro won't have any memory of Leeds being in the top flight?

To put things into perspective, the last time Leeds were top flight the T-Rex was dominating the world hardest creature comps.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think the two perspectives on Leeds (still a big club because of past success v what have they done recently?) are both valid. I'm 28 years old. I grew up an avid football fan knowing of the past successes of the likes of Leeds, Forest and Ipswich from what my dad told me. Did that then make me regard them as huge clubs growing up? No, because the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool were the biggest teams at the time and those were the shirts that most children in Hastings was wearing. So, as each year passes out of the PL and with no triumphs to write home about, that honour of being a "big club" becomes less and less valid as fewer and fewer people remember it over time. Do children in Hastings ask for Leeds shirts at Christmas, or for those of the big 6 (+ us more recently, thankfully)? I reckon the latter.

However, now Leeds are in the PL again, they have a far greater chance of keeping this perception alive if they can consolidate themselves in it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Before the premier league, Nobody gives a **** about pre premier league anymore. That was before I was even born. That was a very long time ago.

To be honest, I think you're just showing your relatively young age there. Of course the vast majority of football fans care about pre premier league, even if Sky sports pretend football didn't exist before then.

Leeds are bigger than us in most aspects, no one in their right mind would question that. Doesn't excuse their fans on social media acting like such billy big bollocks when they've achieved nothing for the last two decades and they couldn't get anywhere near filling their ground, though.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Leeds a big club!! only when they are doing well, Not really paid much notice for the last 3 seasons, but i believe their attendance in the preceding years was less than little ol Brighton. They do take a decent number away, but that's because so many of them escape "gods country!!!" to live down south, probably because its embarrassing telling their neighbours that they are the champions of Europe, when in reality they are not and have not been the best team in yorkshire for years.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
My current stance is ABL. Anyone but Leeds.

Tony, you can sell Ben White, whoever you want, but not to this classless lot.

More than happy for Liverpool to come in and make a deal. Real big club. Classier fans.

This lot in Leeds are the most despicable fans going. I will have a real problem with us doing any business with them now.

Erm..............I know Millwall and Leeds are at the top of alot of peoples' lists of most objectionable fans. but Liverpool fans in my experience coming a close run third.

Anyway, back to the (at times) cringy thread about the relative sizes of BHA and Leeds............:mad:

And Leeds lurkers on this thread **** OFF

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Leeds wouldn’t have known , unless White or his agent had told them, these things are highly confidential. Us supporters don’t even really know any of our players contracts, and our club plays it’s cards very closely to their chest, it’s almost obsessional.
TB is ruthless, you don’t get to be worth what he is without that. You see this in small things, his refusal to go in the boardroom at Brentford, preferring to stand with the fans to make a point to his ex employee who he thinks did the dirty on him, to his treatment of Gus, and, to a certain extent, CH. I v think he would have many qualms about letting Ben White see out his contract, in the stiffs, earning only what he is on now, to prove a point to other players who think they hold the whip hand.

I think there is some confusion, it seems like blue-shifted is referring to the two bids made by leeds that the club turned down, but was responding to a comment about the supposed two new contract offers from brighton that ben white has supposedly turned down.

Negotiation leaks happens all the time. Yes the discussions are between the club and the player/agent. These discussions remain as private as it is suitable for both sides to be. Maybe the agent thinks letting potential clubs know he hasn't agreed a deal would encourage some offers - maybe those offers will be enough and he can negotiate a better deal with a new club, maybe the interest pushes Brighton to offer more. Maybe there's no benefit to it being leaked, and it's come from a family member or friend who is partially in the know, and either wants to show off what they know, or maybe they think they're helping, or maybe they don't know anything and are just messing with people and there have been no offers made or turned down.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Seems odd that the amounts have been released and the "fact" that he has rejected two contract extension offers from the Albion.

Feels like agent efforts to flag that he's on the market and that he is keen to move away from BHA.

Can't see Bloom etc being very impressed with that.

Given that White's agent is one of the two who caused the club to be fined £90,000 over the transfer of Dale Stephens, I'm not sure that he was on Tony Bloom's, er, ....Hanukkah Card list to begin with:-

Albion insist they are innocent victims after FA fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here