Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A few random thoughts:

White has been with us since 2014 and always been very highly regarded. He was player of the season at Newport County and was being watched by top teams then.

This idea that Biesla and Leeds have made him is a total fantasy. It’s disrespectful to our club IMHO.

Flynn (his manager at Newport) has been quoted numerous times saying he is destined for the very top of the game and that he’d undoubtedly be up to the Championship.

Liam Rosenior has said it was always obvious how talented he is. Tottenham were seriously looking at him whilst still at Newport.

It’s no more of a surprise that he’s done so well than it is Molumby being such a hit at Millwall- we’ve got some seriously talented young players at the club.
Ostigard has done extremely well at FC Pauli- don’t forget he is an U21 international. It’s not beyond the realms of reality to suggest he is just as good as White (a bid from a Bundesliga club might turn Ostigard’s head).

With Balogun leaving, Burn used increasingly as a wing-back, Duffy not being fancied by Potter and Potter often playing three at the back, there is room for one/two more centre backs in the squad next season. Roberts is obviously seriously rated but he is also still very young and will need to develop physically- but at the moment he is training with the first team I believe.

The only way White will be at Elland Road next season is if we go down and no big club wants him, but we’re not going down and big clubs clearly do want him.

Even if White declares that he wants to sign for them they’re not going to be able to afford him without blowing most of their TV money on one player- won’t happen (they’re not actually that good and will definitely need a striker).

There is NO WAY we would sell him to Liverpool and let them loan him to Leeds.

I don’t think Liverpool will pay the kind of money people are suggesting he is worth without knowing how he’ll perform in the league. I suspect their attitude will be that they’d rather pay an extra 10/20 million for him this time next year after proving himself in the Premier League (Gomez and a rejuvenated Matip are far from shabby.

However, if they do want him this summer of course he’ll be off, and fair play to him. And fair play to Liverpool- Bloom will absolutely rinse them.

Ultimately, he is our player and I’m 99% certain White will be at the club at the beginning of next season. Whether that’s in the first team is all together more unpredictable.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
No way on earth that Leeds will spend what could be more than half of their recruitment budget on a CB that has not been proven, or even played, in the Prem.

IF - If White is as good as everyone thinks he is even at £40M he will be a bargain IF he has a great season and carries on where he left off. Maguire is worth £80M so White is going to be worth more after a few seasons (considering he's also played in midfield) . Have you noticed Ive written a lot of IFs?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As we've pulled Dunk into the discussion, we ought to nod towards Duffy too.

Dunk's transition to Premier League footballer, on the edges of the national team, was made considerably easier by having a telepathic brick wall of a 'brother' next to him.

I do sometimes wince when I see Duffy being listed as a player we should/could move on. He’s a PL defender, there’s several teams around the league that would benefit from his skill set.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do sometimes wince when I see Duffy being listed as a player we should/could move on. He’s a PL defender, there’s several teams around the league that would benefit from his skill set.

Deffo but we aren't one of them.

If you love him set him free.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So on the one hand we have:-

Committed supporters with a huge amount of anecdotal evidence.
Verses
A Swede who supports GPott.

There's plenty of committed supporters who know nothing about football or football business.

Me being from Sweden also does not make me less knowledgeable on football as we are a fairly successful football nation while England are the biggest football underachievers in history. Billions invested in youth academies, yet one lanky lad from Malmö coached by some corner tobacco store co-owner takes a dump on anything you've produced for 30 years. 69 million people, yet Sam Allardyce is considered the top football brain of the country... being Swedish, or rather not-English, should automatically make me a superior authority on everything football related. (ingredient: pinch of salt)

I'd settle for 5.

... that said, in this case I was clearly wrong, after doing some research. Fooled by headlines. People are saying he wants to stay, he himself seems more open-minded about it but a lot less interested than I previously thought to have understood. It does change things. I still wont rule out a Leeds loan however. As I said its unlikely (and even more unlikely after reading up more detailed on what he's really said) but not impossible, as some seem to think.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There's plenty of committed supporters who know nothing about football or football business.

Me being from Sweden also does not make me less knowledgeable on football as we are a fairly successful football nation while England are the biggest football underachievers in history. Billions invested in youth academies, yet one lanky lad from Malmö coached by some corner tobacco store co-owner takes a dump on anything you've produced for 30 years. 69 million people, yet Sam Allardyce is considered the top football brain of the country... being Swedish, or rather not-English, should automatically make me a superior authority on everything football related. (ingredient: pinch of salt)

... that said, in this case I was clearly wrong, after doing some research. Fooled by headlines. People are saying he wants to stay, he himself seems more open-minded about it but a lot less interested than I previously thought to have understood. It does change things. I still wont rule out a Leeds loan however. As I said its unlikely (and even more unlikely after reading up more detailed on what he's really said) but not impossible, as some seem to think.

So maybe check out your sources before posting on here (rather than posting first and checking later).

And where you are from is irrelevant. You've been following Brighton for a year. I've been supporting Brighton for 30 years. Many others on here have been supporting the club for much longer than me. I would never presume to know more about any club than their own supporters.

There is no chance of us loaning White to Leeds. It makes no financial sense, as he'll only have a year left on his contract after the loan. It makes no playing sense, as we'd be improving the squad of one of our potential rivals.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So maybe check out your sources before posting on here (rather than posting first and checking later).

And where you are from is irrelevant. You've been following Brighton for a year. I've been supporting Brighton for 30 years. Many others on here have been supporting the club for much longer than me. I would never presume to know more about any club than their own supporters.

There is no chance of us loaning White to Leeds. It makes no financial sense, as he'll only have a year left on his contract after the loan. It makes no playing sense, as we'd be improving the squad of one of our potential rivals.

We would also be solving a problem for one of our rivals, namely providing a good player in a crucial position, that they won't have to spend a largish wedge to replace.
It would make less than zero sense.

The dirties will really need a striker, Bamford will not cut it in the PL, they need to upgrade on him. As we have found, a bargain basement option isn't easy to pick up in this day and age, so, the less money Leeds have to spend on the upgrade, the better it is for all their rivals.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

1. Yes, I should.

2. I've never said nor will ever say that I know more about the club than you or any other long term fans.

3. Disagree. There is a chance. A small one. But I agree its far more likely not to happen.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As an aside, Mitrovich has got a 3 game ban for his assault on White on Saturday.

That's Fulhams automatic promotion bid gone.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
As an aside, Mitrovich has got a 3 game ban for his assault on White on Saturday.

That's Fulhams automatic promotion bid gone.

**** that asshole! Good news and really screws them also - they have forest, Cardiff, west brom 3 games in a row coming up too, could see them not even making the playoffs at this rate

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Top 6 don't need to take a punt on any player, they'll wait to see how he does in the prem, he won't be going to Leeds he'll be our player for the foreseeable until he's proves he can improve a top 6 side. If he does brilliant they'll pay for it and we would have had that quality in our side for another season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Many on here offered to drive Dunk to Fulham when they showed interest :smile:

Well that’s bloody ridiculous. There was absolutely no need to drive him there, he was already there, on the bench watching Tomer Hemed take the points with a last minute penalty.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well that’s bloody ridiculous. There was absolutely no need to drive him there, he was already there, on the bench watching Tomer Hemed take the points with a last minute penalty.

That was a marvellous day.

Uwe played well in his first game.

Oh and no way will White move to Leeds in the summer.... I think Leeds will struggle and Bielsa might not even start the season, when he realises how much rebuilding is required.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
That was a marvellous day.

Uwe played well in his first game.

Oh and no way will White move to Leeds in the summer.... I think Leeds will struggle and Bielsa might not even start the season, when he realises how much rebuilding is required.

This was my thought when I made my previous post.......I think if Leeds are promoted then Biesla will call it a day as he has done what he set out to do and after all the corona situation he can go home ..........

so Dyche is unhappy at Burnley and lives in Doncaster, could be the man to consolidate them in the premier league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here