[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think a loan to Leeds is pretty likely if Ben wants to play with Leeds in the PL. Graham Potter is very consistent in his philosophy that if you want to be elsewhere, you'll be elsewhere: if he is not 100% committed to Brighton, it will need to be solved in another fashion than forcing him to stay. Luckily I think Potter is able to convince most players that playing for his side is the best choice they can do, but you never no.

The team is stacked with central defenders. Leeds are unable to buy him. MAYBE a top club comes around with a bid of say £25m, but if he made a good season in the PL that price would increase a lot. Another season on loan at Leeds would give him play time and likely increase his value and Brighton would still be pretty content with the CB options. Of course a loan deal would need to include a "not allowed to play vs Brightonr" clause and a decent fee, but I dont see it as impossible. Its uncommon but not unheard of that a mid-tier club (like 20/21 Brighton) loans a player to a newly promoted team.

Why would we strengthen a potential relegation rival? That wouldn't make sense.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think a loan to Leeds is pretty likely if Ben wants to play with Leeds in the PL. Graham Potter is very consistent in his philosophy that if you want to be elsewhere, you'll be elsewhere: if he is not 100% committed to Brighton, it will need to be solved in another fashion than forcing him to stay. Luckily I think Potter is able to convince most players that playing for his side is the best choice they can do, but you never no.

The team is stacked with central defenders. Leeds are unable to buy him. MAYBE a top club comes around with a bid of say £25m, but if he made a good season in the PL that price would increase a lot. Another season on loan at Leeds would give him play time and likely increase his value and Brighton would still be pretty content with the CB options. Of course a loan deal would need to include a "not allowed to play vs Brightonr" clause and a decent fee, but I dont see it as impossible. Its uncommon but not unheard of that a mid-tier club (like 20/21 Brighton) loans a player to a newly promoted team.

Before you started to take an interest in our club, we had 3 players who had very good bids made for them . Burnley wanted Stephens, the season they went up, and we had just missed promotion, Stephens wanted to go, in fact, he put in a transfer request to try to force Tony Blooms hand. Bloom didn't let him leave, the rest is history. Dunk wanted to go to Fulham for a very competitive bid, he threw his toys out of his pram when the move was turned down, the rest is history, Newcastle bid over 10 million for Knocky, who, to be fair, didn't want to leave. Bloom told the Geordies to take a walk, the rest is history.

We don't sell anyone, we don't want to, anymore.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Before you started to take an interest in our club, we had 3 players who had very good bids made for them . Burnley wanted Stephens, the season they went up, and we had just missed promotion, Stephens wanted to go, in fact, he put in a transfer request to try to force Tony Blooms hand. Bloom didn't let him leave, the rest is history. Dunk wanted to go to Fulham for a very competitive bid, he threw his toys out of his pram when the move was turned down, the rest is history, Newcastle bid over 10 million for Knocky, who, to be fair, didn't want to leave. Bloom told the Geordies to take a walk, the rest is history.

We don't sell anyone, we don't want to, anymore.

100% this. As for loaning him to Leeds again, simply can't see that happening at all. If he's 'PL ready' Potter will be itching to use him - just need to see who he replaces. Duffy would be my bet as he's the least 'Potterball' type of CB we have.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It is very unusual for a team in the Premier League to loan a player to another club who may well end up in a similar position as them. We may aim to be a mid tier club but we're not yet. There's no guarantee we won't struggle. If we decide to loan White to Leeds and then they stay up and relegate us, no increase in price for White will make up for the loss of relegation.

On top of that, if he wants to leave and won't sign a new contract, there are only two years left on his deal. If we loan him to Leeds for a year of that, he'll be entering the final year of his contract when he returns, dropping the price down significantly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why would we strengthen a potential relegation rival? That wouldn't make sense.

Ben White has said about 20 times that he wants to stay at Leeds, and Potter only wants players who are 100% committed to the club. It's not rocket science. I think its unlikely, but that there certainly is a chance that a loan deal is made.

As for "relegation rival", I dont think thats the plan. I believe that relegation should be a very small concern next season and I also think that Potter & Bloom are two confident, ballsy men who would agree with that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ben White has said about 20 times that he wants to stay at Leeds, and Potter only wants players who are 100% committed to the club. It's not rocket science. I think its unlikely, but that there certainly is a chance that a loan deal is made.

As for "relegation rival", I dont think thats the plan. I believe that relegation should be a very small concern next season and I also think that Potter & Bloom are two confident, ballsy men who would agree with that.

No he hasn't. He's kept very quiet from what I can see. He's never said I want to stay at Leeds, certainly not from a trustworthy source.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ben White has said about 20 times that he wants to stay at Leeds, and Potter only wants players who are 100% committed to the club. .

No he hasn't. Find me 10 separate quotes where he has said that

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

He's said "about 20 times he wants to stay at Leeds"??

Where has he said this? I honestly never seen him say more than he is enjoying his time at Leeds, and he said that about Northampton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So on the one hand we have:-

Committed supporters with a huge amount of anecdotal evidence.
Verses
A Swede who supports GPott.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Im sure if Leeds can come up with £40M or perhaps £30M with add ons White may well end up at Leeds. So the question is; how deep are Leeds pockets because if they have the cash they will offer. Perhaps Leeds would like to do a Fulham and probably a Villa by splashing out £200M then get relegated. Now that would be funny

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

:ffsparr:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'd settle for 5.

I'd settle for a genuine direct quote of Ben White even saying it once. He'll be looking for a long time though as beyond a "I'm really enjoying my time here at Leeds and am committed to doing my best for them all the time I am here" type quote there won't be anything.

Where as we've seen many articles quoting Potter and Barber saying White isn't for sale and part of the plans for next season. Potter has said he'd have looked to take White on loan at Swansea this season had he not left, I think he's more than aware of what White offers. We've already told Leeds they couldn't have a loan to buy deal when they took White for the season, there is no way we'd be interested in selling him after he's impressed at the top end of the Championship in his first time there. Leeds have almost zero chance of convincing Bloom to sell one of our brightest prospects.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...eds-uniteds-seagulls-loanee-ben-white-2548901

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-transfers-white-brighton-18145401

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No he hasn't. Find me 10 separate quotes where he has said that

I’ll settle for just one as long as it’s a direct quote from White not a “hearsay” one

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'd settle for a genuine direct quote of Ben White even saying it once. He'll be looking for a long time though as beyond a "I'm really enjoying my time here at Leeds and am committed to doing my best for them all the time I am here" type quote there won't be anything.

Where as we've seen many articles quoting Potter and Barber saying White isn't for sale and part of the plans for next season. Potter has said he'd have looked to take White on loan at Swansea this season had he not left, I think he's more than aware of what White offers. We've already told Leeds they couldn't have a loan to buy deal when they took White for the season, there is no way we'd be interested in selling him after he's impressed at the top end of the Championship in his first time there. Leeds have almost zero chance of convincing Bloom to sell one of our brightest prospects.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...eds-uniteds-seagulls-loanee-ben-white-2548901

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-transfers-white-brighton-18145401

This, does anyone think that we let Dirty Leeds have him after quotes like these?
White must have been part of discussions on his on going plans, it would be pretty stupid to come out with these statements, knowing that White wanted to go back to Leeds.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Im sure if Leeds can come up with £40M or perhaps £30M with add ons White may well end up at Leeds. So the question is; how deep are Leeds pockets because if they have the cash they will offer. Perhaps Leeds would like to do a Fulham and probably a Villa by splashing out £200M then get relegated. Now that would be funny

That would be amazing.

I read the other day that they were already going to have to pay about £50 million if they wanted to keep their other loan players (including one who arrived in January and has hardly played due to injury). That is very similar to Villa, who went up with quite a lot of loan players. And where we definitely had an advantage, as we only lost Stockdale of our key players when we went up (and that seems to be because we wanted to sign a better keeper).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports