Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
[MENTION=27432]HeadLiner[/MENTION]
You say Ben White has turned down a contract extension at Brighton, where is you proof. How do you know this?

What actually has Beilsa won to make him a top class coach apart from winning you last season's below standard championship?

Ben White was on holiday with his good mate Aaron Connolly.

If Beilsa is that good why waste £30 million on Ben White, as he surely could do the same for any other player cheaper.

Ben White girlfriend is from Hull not Leeds.

What have Leeds done in the last 16 years?

Why do Leeds fans sing Champions of Europe?

Why are Leeds fans desperate for attention?

After answering please tuck off to WACKJOB or what ever it is.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Why are some of you so keen to sell Ben White? I don’t get it.

And for £30m? That would be an appalling decision.

Why are so many utterly convinced that he’s worth more? He’s totally unproven at this level... he’s not the messiah, just a talented championship player ... that said, I don’t think people are desperate to sell him, but if his heart lies elsewhere I see little alternative.

I say again, if people on here are to be believed Dunk is in the 45 million zone, yet White is apparently worth zillions more because he’s 21!!! Ffs ... people need to seriously get a grip.

He has a lot to learn imho, loads in fact.

Best of luck to him, but whichever way this slices I wouldn’t want to be under the level of pressure he’s going to face. Poor lad, two bad games is all it’ll take.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Rumour says little Leeds have had offers of 18 and 22m turned down out of hand.
LFC are preparing a 20m offer.... which will be turned down (We must be broke£.
However Chelsea seem intent on paying Brighton’s asking price of 40m, although they need to offload first.
If we can get between 35/40m take the money and and use it wisely. Golden geese like that don’t come around often!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We are not wealthy enough to have a £20m plus player on the bench. He therefore must play and if that is case Dunk or Webster has to go. If he is not given assurance will be first choice who can blame him if he wanted to play elsewhere. If we force him to play on bench he of course has option of running his contract down and going for nothing.
Outstanding players hold all the cards

Why does Dunk or Webster have to go? for starters we often play a back 3 and that could simple mean White competes with BDB for that 3rd spot in a back 3.

He has however played DM before and in this season, so could well slot in the Stephens/Proper role.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
We are not wealthy enough to have a £20m plus player on the bench. He therefore must play and if that is case Dunk or Webster has to go. If he is not given assurance will be first choice who can blame him if he wanted to play elsewhere. If we force him to play on bench he of course has option of running his contract down and going for nothing.

But we had a 17 mil player not even making match day squad.
I think we can have a 20 mil player on the bench.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

? We’ve had £20m + players on the bench all season though? Most games.

We’re a Premier League club. We’re not League One anymore. Having Dunk, White, Webster in the squad is completely reasonable.

Have you seen us play this season? GP does not have a “this is my best 11 mate” approach. He plays multiple formations, systems, lineups that switch game to game (mid game sometimes).

It’s not as binary as a player being “first choice” or not.

Again I ask. Why are some of you so desperate to sell such a bright prospect at the first sniff of interest? What young player can we bring in who would be of the same quality as Ben White?

So glad we have Tony as our chairman.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Let's be honest the #freebenwhite thing on twitter is a stroke of genius by what ever Leeds fan thought of it but will last a few hours top.

Still going and I agree, it's a fun scroll-through!

Attachments

• Ee-su62WoAIbJ73.jpg
    Ee-su62WoAIbJ73.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 209

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why are so many utterly convinced that he’s worth more? He’s totally unproven at this level... he’s not the messiah, just a talented championship player ... that said, I don’t think people are desperate to sell him, but if his heart lies elsewhere I see little alternative.

I say again, if people on here are to be believed Dunk is in the 45 million zone, yet White is apparently worth zillions more because he’s 21!!! Ffs ... people need to seriously get a grip.

You’ve asked that before. Same answer:

This is business. You’re looking at one aspect of the asset, current ability. If that’s all you’re judging you are 100% correct, Dunk wins hands down and would be worth more.

But it’s the whole package. Dunky is 28 years old, so whoever buys him now, whilst they get a fantastic player, there will be little to no re-sale value. Also he has peaked both as a footballer and as an asset.

Ben White currently has no ceiling on both his ability as a footballer and his value in the market. And barring any freak career injuries, he has terrific re-sale value. To summarise!

- club buys Dunk for £45m, towards the end of his contract his value will only decrease, they’ll do well to recoup 10% of their outlay.

- club buys Ben White for £45m, his career proceeds as expected, gets called up and becomes a fixture in the England squad, in 3 years time he’ll be 25 and the club will most likely have a great chance of recouping the entire fee, or even more likely selling for a huge profit should there be a flurry of big clubs interested.

Simple economics.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This sorry tale now just needs an official complaint made by the Albion about tapping up.

Can't be far away.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are not Tinpot Withdean Poncho FC anymore.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

dcm or three at the back?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Rumour says little Leeds have had offers of 18 and 22m turned down out of hand.
LFC are preparing a 20m offer.... which will be turned down (We must be broke£.
However Chelsea seem intent on paying Brighton’s asking price of 40m, although they need to offload first.
If we can get between 35/40m take the money and and use it wisely. Golden geese like that don’t come around often!

Who are we going to bring in then who’s as good as Ben White?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Sorry, but that just sounds like we have no ambition. Ali J hasn’t even made the bench when fit and he cost us £17m. It’s fine to have £20m players on the bench at times, so long as they are part of the squad and can be relied on to do a job when needed.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Best of luck to him, but whichever way this slices I wouldn’t want to be under the level of pressure he’s going to face. Poor lad, two bad games is all it’ll take.

Even if his heart lies elsewhere (as Stephens once did), This is where you need to detach yourself from fan mode and into a business protecting its commercial interests.

bolstering a relegation rival makes absolutely zero sense, giving away a prized asset cheaply makes zero sense, setting a precedent that if you have a hissy fit or make demands the business will cave in against its own interests, makes zero sense.

With the greatest respect to White and his talents he can wish for whatever he wants, hes under a contract that he signed of his own choice under his agents advice.

He'd be first team here next season, and I'm pretty confident the club would let him go to a top 6 (non competing mini league) club.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

any player is worth what just one club will pay, and there are many variables

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I posted this on another forum and just joined NSC, so here goes...

OPINION: Selling Ben White (at any price) would show a LACK OF AMBITION

tldr; selling Ben White is the wrong move IMO. Even for £30m. What are we going to spend it on? A Locadia? Andone? Jahanbakhsh? Highly talented AMBITIOUS young english players are hard to come by (and attract to Brighton). Even if you spend a large amount of money, at our level, it only guarantees a player who likes money, not AMBITION. Plus, why give a rival like Leeds any type of advantage? Let’s keep him and keep building. Keep the gems, sell the rest.
(EDIT: to add, with all the money in the world we still can't attract top players until we can offer them something more in return, like a shot at Europe)

I have to get this out of my system. It’s cathartic I guess!

SITUATION:

According to Sky Sports Brighton have rejected two bids from Leeds of £18.5m and £22m.

White has rejected renewed contract offers from Brighton.

We have him on a two year contract with an option to extend (so basically a three year contract).

SOURCE: https://www.skysports.com/football/...te-brighton-reject-22m-leeds-bid-for-defender

BEN WHITE:

Ben White has been developed through our youth academy since 2014. He has had loans at Newport (Division 2), Peterborough (Division 1), Leeds (Championship).

He has been lauded as the next Rio Ferdinand and played every single minute of Leeds Championship title winning campaign.

He oozes confidence, is composed, has a commanding presence, is a great passer of the ball.

He’s Potter’s perfect player tbh.

SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pz6q6uZ0uk

THE MEDIA, SOCIAL MEDIA:

Honestly it’s all clickbait and opinions.

Also the media is being used as usual as part of whatever negotiations are happening (hopefully on White’s new contract).

WHAT’S ACTUALLY BEEN SAID:

POTTER wants to keep him and has him playing in the first team next season.

SOURCE: https://www.skysports.com/football/...-expects-ben-white-to-develop-into-top-player

THE CLUB is likely negotiating a new contract but also stated that the one he signed before he went to Leeds is pretty good (can’t find the source but it seems like regular negotiation tactics).

WHITE has thanked Leeds on instagram.

SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDL4p29lfp1/

LEEDS have said a LOT and insisted there are more negotiations to come as if the deal is on.

SOURCE: https://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/0...n-white-talks-with-brighton-md-admits/464247/

MY OPINION (FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH)

Our development with White has been first class.

He definitely experienced something special at Leeds, can’t deny that. Mutually beneficial I would say.

Comparisons to a young Rio Ferdinand. I think a player of his age, talent and experience in English football is irreplaceable at the moment.

Do we want to climb the premier league table or not? Do we have that ambition of not?

I think selling him, especially to a rival team (likely to be battling for a similar spot in the league) is a sign of lack of ambition.

We basically have a three year contract with him. So let’s keep him for another year. If he wants to go with two years left on his contract then we can think about it.

I’m hoping he really isn’t up for sale and the Leeds boardroom are trying to save face in front of their demanding fans. White also is unlikely to want to make enemies of the fans. He’s not going to flaunt any new deal with Brighton in this atmosphere.

Next year should be a BIG one for our talented young players. They’ve had some time to settle in. I really excited at the prospect of White linking up with Bissouma, Alzate, Lamptey, Connolly, Maupay, Mac Allister, Trossard as well as veterans Lallana, Dunk, etc.

Keep the gems and sell the dross. There are plenty of players we could sell before White.

WHY DID I WRITE THIS?

I dunno. Maybe the Brighton social media team is reading, maybe Ben White is reading, maybe this will reach someone? Maybe it’s cathartic? Obviously I have no power over the situation. It’s frustrating being a Brighton fan sometimes and always being looked down on as a meaningless club. I think we have ambition and maybe this is a “defining moment” that I think is important for the future of the club.

I like this guys point, it deserves to be re posted.

For those so desperately keen to sell Ben White (even at a derisory amount) see above.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Sorry but that's rubbish. Of course we can have a 20m player on the bench we had one that's not even been in the match day squad.

There's no way he can be assured first choice and neither would such an assurance be given to any player.

If he's as outstanding as you suggest, which is completely unproven, he will be in the first team. You earn the right not get it because of negotiations in an office.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
? We’ve had £20m + players on the bench all season though? Most games.

We’re a Premier League club. We’re not League One anymore. Having Dunk, White, Webster in the squad is completely reasonable.

Have you seen us play this season? GP does not have a “this is my best 11 mate” approach. He plays multiple formations, systems, lineups that switch game to game (mid game sometimes).

It’s not as binary as a player being “first choice” or not.

Again I ask. Why are some of you so desperate to sell such a bright prospect at the first sniff of interest? What young player can we bring in who would be of the same quality as Ben White?

So glad we have Tony as our chairman.

Right on! Play (play, play, play) 3 excellent footballing defenders with two exciting wingbacks. Look (hopefully) up the table in order to meet our chairman’s objectives. We are a fourth season PL side who are (very slowly) starting to creep into the lazy and overpowering narrative of the top six (Leeds) obsessed media. We are owned by a renowned poker player. We do not fold now for anyone.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Even if his heart lies elsewhere (as Stephens once did), This is where you need to detach yourself from fan mode and into a business protecting its commercial interests.

bolstering a relegation rival makes absolutely zero sense, giving away a prized asset cheaply makes zero sense, setting a precedent that if you have a hissy fit or make demands the business will cave in against its own interests, makes zero sense.

With the greatest respect to White and his talents he can wish for whatever he wants, hes under a contract that he signed of his own choice under his agents advice.

He'd be first team here next season, and I'm pretty confident the club would let him go to a top 6 (non competing mini league) club.

This, in bucket loads.
We’ve got a prime asset on our hands. Keep our nerve (which of course we will) and we get a lovely win/win. White plays for us for a season or two and we then sell for £50/£60m. Liverpool and Chelsea are after him FFS....I doubt both clubs get it wrong that often.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Fair enough, and very well put... I should have probably elaborated around the Leeds angle... wasn’t really suggesting that will be his destination, far more likely to see 30 million from a top six club willing to take a punt re talent vs proven quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here