Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Its quite nice watching this situation pan out. Complete win win for us.

I still hope we play hard ball and refuse ALL offers.

That would be a massive statement of intent from the club.

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wolves interested now allegedly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Totally agree about the win/win - this is why Tony spent so much on the development programme.

Here's the rub. Three of their five top players (games played) were loans: Ben White (Brighton), Jack Harrison (Man City) & Hélder Costa (Wolves). They've paid £16m (TalkSport) for Costa & offered £22m for White (rumour). That's £38m and they'd have added no new strength to the squad. I hope they have a very big kitty for their sake.

PS We're not selling to Leeds. Why would we miss the opportunity to remove a pivotal player from a bottom half of the Prem rival for absolutely nothing? #TonyRocks

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

The next bid will be the interesting one...If its a 30 mill bid from say Leeds...has to be NO, however if it is from Liverpool/Chelsea etc then maybe we can consider it? possible sweeteners with future loan deals of their upcoming stars!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I don’t really care about statements of intent to be honest. I’d be more than happy if we cashed in on a rediculous fee and used it strengthen an area of the pitch that actually needed it.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Totally agree about the win/win - this is why Tony spent so much on the development programme.

Here's the rub. Three of their five top players (games played) were loans: Ben White (Brighton), Jack Harrison (Man City) & Hélder Costa (Wolves). They've paid £16m (TalkSport) for Costa & offered £22m for White (rumour). That's £38m and they'd have added no new strength to the squad. I hope they have a very big kitty for their sake.

PS We're not selling to Leeds. Why would we miss the opportunity to remove a pivotal player from a bottom half of the Prem rival for absolutely nothing? #TonyRocks

Its like a re run of Villa last season, blowing all their budget to buy loan players they originally had whilst not actually improving their team..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don’t really care about statements of intent to be honest. I’d be more than happy if we cashed in on a rediculous fee and used it strengthen an area of the pitch that actually needed it.

So would I. That's why it's a win win.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
https://www.northstandchat.com/cont...-their-best-players-even-in-this-crazy-market

This article from last summer I feel is relevant at this time - if we want to progress in a footballing sense, we would be wise to keep our best players. However, there is a complication to the original argument; in this case, we are unusually well-stocked in the centre back department, so it is important to figure out who our best players (or the ones which Potter wants to use to get us the best results) actually are. White has done very well at Championship level, but the quality he's coming up against in Dunk, Webster, Burn and Veltman is really high - unlike at Leeds.

From the article:

"Thus excluding precarious contract situations, or instances where the player is demanding a move, it is surely best to hold on to players who are good enough, and continually look to improve by spending the vast broadcasting income and looking to your academy. Unless you have an established academy culture at your club however, it is impossible to rely heavily on academy production to ‘replace’ transfer dealings. But get it right and you’ll hold the cards in a hugely competitive and cut-throat asset market."

Hold the cards, that we do. In many senses, anything that comes will be a win-win for the Albion. Courtesy of many years of extensive planning, scouting, investment, development, strategising and hard work - so not quite the modern-day miracle of Bielsa's coaching transforming White from irrelevant cast-off to future England captain that Leeds fans would have you believe.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How come? I didn't realise that's against the rules. I hope you are right though, as personally I wouldn't mind seeing Ben sold for £35m+ to Liverpool or Chelsea

Premier League rules prevent a player being signed and then moved on loan to another Premier League side in the same transfer window.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As I said before, we know nothing. Although I do know from a Barber reply on another matter, that Brighton take no notice of social media. That's for the fans.
Oh no! You mean he's not been influenced by Free Ben White (how fckuing sad is that) nor by all the gobshites on Twitter? Barber Out.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here