Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My instinct is that if White is sold, it will be to a CL or Spurs, for £15m+ more than restricted budget Leeds could afford.

His youth and success last season, have ironically priced Leeds out of the market.

Should he hand in a transfer request, that will have zero impact on the price TB can demand.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
You need to get back in your box and realise where Leeds sit in the hierarchy of football at the moment.

It’s a huge step up to the Premier League from the Championship, I get the impression it’s your first experience of Leeds in the top flight as some of your views seem a touch unsophisticated. You come across as a little naive so let’s set you straight on some real facts.

Firstly, check our Transfermarkt. We have a lot of centre backs. At the moment, we have eight in the squad with at least another half dozen youth players desperate to have Premier League (not Championship) careers. Top centre backs are now MADE IN BRIGHTON at our World Class academy, you’d be on your knees with envy and awe if you were ever to tour this astonishing facility, you’d be rolling around on the grass, kicking, screaming and sobbing like a toddler having a tantrum until security finally removed you; that is how jealous you would be with the realisation how far behind us you are. Open your eyes!

We lead the country in producing centre backs and have a minimum of six who are better than anything you have. If you fancy developing another one of our U23’s I’m happy to give you some recommendations that will have your mouth watering, you’ll have forgotten Ben White by the time one of our other lads has played 1/2 dozen games for you.

This is your level you see, get used to it:

Does that include James Tarkowski...you know the bloke who Dunk replaced in the England squad once because he was injured?

In all fairness though, it's pretty much a given that you would produce some good level PL defenders...they certainly get more practice than most!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My instinct is that if White is sold, it will be to a CL or Spurs, for £15m+ more than restricted budget Leeds could afford.

His youth and success last season, have ironically priced Leeds out of the market.

Should he hand in a transfer request, that will have zero impact on the price TB can demand.

It’s a big compliment to mention Leeds in the same breath as a club like Spurs. They’ve been league 1 and lower championship fodder for years. They’re not even going to fill their stadium for their first premier league match in decades too - poor show!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It’s a big compliment to mention Leeds in the same breath as a club like Spurs. They’ve been league 1 and lower championship fodder for years. They’re not even going to fill their stadium for their first premier league match in decades too - poor show!

He he like what you have done there:thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I do find it strange that White turning down a contract recently was reported by absolutely nobody until Leeds fans repeated it a thousand times every day for a month and now it’s being taken as fact.

2018: Ben White, who has never played above L2 rejects a new deal and The Sun publishes an article about it: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....n-white-brighton-contract-premier-league/amp/

2019: Ben White signs a new deal: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....t-brighton-joins-leeds-united-loan-806542?amp

2020: Ben White is one of the biggest transfer sagas of the summer. He’s being tracked by every big club and Leeds. Nobody reports on him turning down a new deal, but Leeds fans say it constantly. Suddenly when they’ve had two bids rejected SkySports announce he’s turned down 2 contracts and everybody else jumps on that and posts it too.

If Sky had the scoop on him turning down two contracts then why didn’t they post about it when it happened? It absolutely stinks of Sky reading some ‘ITK’ bollocks on WACCOE and are using it to drum up clicks. He hasn’t been back in the country long enough for two rounds of contract negotiation.

Oh and if it was true and his mind was made up that he didn’t want to stay he’d have said as much in the first contract negotiation and we wouldn’t have wasted on our team on a second. Or he’d have handed in a transfer request It’s absolute bullshit.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Plus the fact that LUFC fans have lauded him as the greatest defender since Booby Moore

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I do find it strange that White turning down a contract recently was reported by absolutely nobody until Leeds fans repeated it a thousand times every day for a month and now it’s being taken as fact.

2018: Ben White, who has never played above L2 rejects a new deal and The Sun publishes an article about it: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....n-white-brighton-contract-premier-league/amp/

2019: Ben White signs a new deal: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....t-brighton-joins-leeds-united-loan-806542?amp

2020: Ben White is one of the biggest transfer sagas of the summer. He’s being tracked by every big club and Leeds. Nobody reports on him turning down a new deal, but Leeds fans say it constantly. Suddenly when they’ve had two bids rejected SkySports announce he’s turned down 2 contracts and everybody else jumps on that and posts it too.

If Sky had the scoop on him turning down two contracts then why didn’t they post about it when it happened? It absolutely stinks of Sky reading some ‘ITK’ bollocks on WACCOE and are using it to drum up clicks. He hasn’t been back in the country long enough for two rounds of contract negotiation.

Oh and if it was true and his mind was made up that he didn’t want to stay he’d have said as much in the first contract negotiation and we wouldn’t have wasted on our team on a second. Or he’d have handed in a transfer request It’s absolute bullshit.

The whole rejected a new contract story comes from a Phil Hay podcast (Hay is Leeds version of Andy Naylor at The Athletic). However he never actually said Ben White had rejected a contract, what he actually said was that he understood then Ben hadn't accepted a couple of new contracts we had offered him (totally standard negotiation tactic that you'd expect to happen).

However because Leeds fans are like desperate love sick spotty oiks lusting after the hottest year 11 girl and they are desperate for any crumb of evidence that she will dump the hot college kid with the car for them, they've taken not accepted to mean rejected and repeated it so much on social media that is become a "fact".

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’d imagine if Leeds can scrape together that money and we did except, a big club would come in and go higher as Bens a good prospect we’ve grown and they’ll know it. The player will only want to move to a bigger more established prem club which only leaves about 6 or 7 in the running...?

If and its a big if he doesn't want to sign a new contract, rather than his agent wanting to maximise his value by refusing an initial offer which is his job after all, then we are probably better advised to get the best price we can. In that scenario we turn it into an auction and **** Leeds if they pay the most they can have him, if not tough.

For £20m we may as well keep him for a season and see if we can get him to sign a new deal, even if he doesn't, after a seasons experience in the PL he would still be worth more than the Leeds offers now even with just 12 months on his contract. We hold all the cards here and it amazes me that Leeds fans cannot see that. In a years time the dynamic will change a bit but not right now

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's just dawned on me that a decent analogy of Leeds United's dealings with Brighton is very similar to the way the UK has been dealing with the EU over Brexit.

#GetBenWhiteDone
#Let'sTakeBackControl
#LeedsDeservesBetter

Fortunately this one isn't going to be decided by media influence.

only Talkshite quoting the Star, but would be good if true. bidding war lil old Leeds cant win, Potential for White to go to an actual present day big club and for Albion to get handsomely remunerated, all the while putting deluded Leeds divs back in their dog baskets.

https://talksport.com/football/743630/chelsea-to-outbid-leeds-liverpool-brighton-ben-white/

#TooGood4Leeds
#UCantAffordHim

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Leeds were great for ten years from 65 to 75, I can remember the tail end of that, they really were. Now, loads of potential with a big conurbation all to themselves, plus that have many supporters in the wider region.

But now, I’d separate them well away and lower down the ££££ pecking order than the top 6.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sheebo ITK. No Sauce required

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Leeds were great for ten years from 65 to 75, I can remember the tail end of that, they really were. Now, loads of potential with a big conurbation all to themselves, plus that have many supporters in the wider region.

But now, I’d separate them well away and lower down the ££££ pecking order than the top 6.

Of course you do, along with every other non Leeds fan who lives in the real world as you're not deluded.

Big club, Europe next season, mighty Leeds, Top 6 are all fantasies that only exit in the heads of Deluded fans - File next to tooth fairy.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Of course you do, along with every other non Leeds fan who lives in the real world as you're not deluded.

Big club, Europe next season, mighty Leeds, Top 6 are all fantasies that only exit in the heads of Deluded fans - File next to tooth fairy.

What now about the tooth fairy????

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

See Zaha

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Leeds are having a wake up call in the transfer market. They are now playing with the big boys.
If you look at their local online paper you’ll see the following;

A realisation that they aren’t going to be getting White as other top 4 clubs are interested, and of course we might decide to reject any bids.

They are looking at Harry Wilson. Liverpool now saying that they’ll only sell and they’d have to pay £20m.

They are looking at Eduardo from Celtic at £20m. others are in a better position to get him, such as Leicester.

They were looking at Jonathan David from Gent. He’s gone to Lille.

They are preparing a bid for Benrama (spelling?) At Brentford, but Villa, West Ham and Tottenham are also in competition.

Foyth at Tottenham is being offered for sale. Leeds 2nd choice behind White. Expect he would cost them £15-20m. So, to replace White they get (in their eyes) an inferior player and have to fork out £15m plus of their kitty.

They’ve already spent £20m on keeping two of their loan signings from last year so not actually improving their squad.

At this rate I can see Bielsa walking away from his proposed new contract.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
With all this free Ben white bollocks im actually starting to cringe with embarrassment for leeds and their fans. Acting VERY tinpot

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
With all this free Ben white bollocks im actually starting to cringe with embarrassment for leeds and their fans. Acting VERY tinpot

That’s what happens when you been out the big time for so long .

They’re all over excited and making complete clowns of themselves

Went down 16 years ago a big club

Returned as a Noddy outfit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Leeds are having a wake up call in the transfer market. They are now playing with the big boys.
If you look at their local online paper you’ll see the following;

A realisation that they aren’t going to be getting White as other top 4 clubs are interested, and of course we might decide to reject any bids.

They are looking at Harry Wilson. Liverpool now saying that they’ll only sell and they’d have to pay £20m.

They are looking at Eduardo from Celtic at £20m. others are in a better position to get him, such as Leicester.

They were looking at Jonathan David from Gent. He’s gone to Lille.

They are preparing a bid for Benrama (spelling?) At Brentford, but Villa, West Ham and Tottenham are also in competition.

Foyth at Tottenham is being offered for sale. Leeds 2nd choice behind White. Expect he would cost them £15-20m. So, to replace White they get (in their eyes) an inferior player and have to fork out £15m plus of their kitty.

They’ve already spent £20m on keeping two of their loan signings from last year so not actually improving their squad.

At this rate I can see Bielsa walking away from his proposed new contract.

Didn't Huddersfield do that a few seasons ago?

That worked out well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here