Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I posted this on another forum and just joined NSC, so here goes...
tldr; selling Ben White is the wrong move IMO. Even for £30m. What are we going to spend it on? A Locadia? Andone? Jahanbakhsh? Highly talented AMBITIOUS young english players are hard to come by (and attract to Brighton). Even if you spend a large amount of money, at our level, it only guarantees a player who likes money, not AMBITION. Plus, why give a rival like Leeds any type of advantage? Let’s keep him and keep building. Keep the gems, sell the rest.
(EDIT: to add, with all the money in the world we still can't attract top players until we can offer them something more in return, like a shot at Europe)

There is are two fallacies in this argument: 1) That we'll only spend the money on signings that are either no good, or won't live up to their potential with us. Why won't we spend it on another Lamptey (a talented and ambitious youngster)? Another Mac Allister? Another Bissouma. Another Lallana (a top player we have attracted without the extra money from selling White)? 2) Who says it needs to be a top player? It can be an unfashionable player, or a young player with promise - we could use the money to sign an player who could turn out to be a goal machine once we give them a chance. This idea that the only good players are ones that are expensive and proven is wrong.

(Just to be clear, I'm not saying we should sell him, just that the argument of poor spending/lack of top talents willing to come here is a weak argument just by looking at our last few signings).

According to the app Footmob Chelsea have joined the race for Ben White...
that should push the price up and out price Leeds..

It's in the 'paper talk' section of sky sports as coming from the daily star. https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk Chelsea are planning to hijack Liverpool 's move for Brighton defender Ben White - and ditch Antonio Rudiger in the process. - is it suggesting they are planning on offering us Rudiger?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to the app Footmob Chelsea have joined the race for Ben White...
that should push the price up and out price Leeds..
White to Chelsea for £30 million++ works better than White to Leeds for £22 million.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Not bothered if we sell to Liverpool or Chelsea for good money. Just not to arrogant Leeds please !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's in the 'paper talk' section of sky sports as coming from the daily star. https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk Chelsea are planning to hijack Liverpool 's move for Brighton defender Ben White - and ditch Antonio Rudiger in the process. - is it suggesting they are planning on offering us Rudiger?

Offering us Rudiger, well we really are in need of him aren't we? You have to wonder where these bullshit reporters get their stories from.

It's like all the local rags in Leeds they are so typical of the arrogant Yorkshire mentality. They are so up themselves and really disrespectful, they're not reporters, inc the **** on the Athletic, they're just pricks that feed the delusional opinions of the pathetic.

I might have been a fake planted in a village in the fine county of Sussex, but now I think we've finally found the missing link, Leeds Man

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Nope. It says Liverpool are plotting a 20 million pound bid for White, who Brighton will cash in on. Chelsea are willing to top anything Liverpool offer for the player Brighton have slapped a 40 mill price tag on. It also says White has never made a senior appearance for Brighton.

So basically it's bollocks. But even so, the journo peddling said balls acknowledges that Leeds' chances of signing him are "slim".

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-liverpool-transfer-gossip-exclusive-22490607

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
NSC is certainly proving to be entertaining reading over the last few days.
Have a read, go and do a job, come back an hour later with a cup of coffee safe in the knowledge that there's yet more entertainment to read.

It's certainly whetting my appetite for the season ahead.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Offering us Rudiger, well we really are in need of him aren't we? You have to wonder where these bullshit reporters get their stories from.

It's like all the local rags in Leeds they are so typical of the arrogant Yorkshire mentality. They are so up themselves and really disrespectful, they're not reporters, inc the **** on the Athletic, they're just pricks that feed the delusional opinions of the pathetic.

I might have been a fake planted in a village in the fine county of Sussex, but now I think we've finally found the missing link, Leeds Man

Nowhere in the reports does it say they are offering us Rudiger. It says Chelsea are willing to ditch/offload Rudiger to make way for Ben White, if they were offering him to us the wording of the reports would be totally different.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
White to Chelsea for £30 million++ works better than White to Leeds for £22 million.
Leeds fans must realise now that they are well down in the pecking order. If an offer came in from a top established Premier league club that we could not refuse then he may not be a Brighton player next season. 22 million already been turned down. Chelsea & Liverpool can slog it out to a sum which would be more than acceptable.....+ 40million which neither will be prepared to pay....for now. We are in a win win scenario, we have two suitors who are capable of outbidding mighty Leeds but not enough to make us sit up and consider selling.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Keep him here , it seems to the outside world that Brighton would cash in , but Brighton hold all the aces and are no longer a club that simply sells good players to anyone with a few quid to splash out .

White is the very reason our Academy has been set up , I guess its fantasy to think any club could produce enough players of thier own to be self sufficient without the need to spend millions on average players , but if you can get 2 or 3 through the ranks per season you will go a long way to becoming a profitable successful club , we had Alzate Connolly come through last season , both look excellent prospects, how much would these two have cost to buy ? .

I hope we keep White and integrate him into the squad as and when Potter seems fit , however you look at it these are exciting times at Brighton and Hove Albion .

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Strange that the press dont seem to have any interest in the Dunk to Chelsea story. White I could understand more for Chelsea but the lack of experience at the top level doesn't seem to.fit what they are looking for

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Strange that the press dont seem to have any interest in the Dunk to Chelsea story. White I could understand more for Chelsea but the lack of experience at the top level doesn't seem to.fit what they are looking for

Might go ahead then. Most stuff is just paper talk taken from forums like this, with those supposedly itk, whereas in the real World clubs like Chelsea and Brighton, in particular, don't divulge their business.

Bloom is the type of person that if someone betrays his trust and confidentiality, he will flatly refuse to do business. The leaks around Ben White will certainly have an impact on any dealings. the fact Leeds have spoken to the press of their intent will not have been received very well with us.

White's agent has history with the club and if he is doing the leaks he should be minded he may not be working in the best interests of his client.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So if Chelsea are in for both White and Dunk, who would we rather flog them? The experienced but peak Dunk or the promising but untested White?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
So if Chelsea are in for both White and Dunk, who would we rather flog them? The experienced but peak Dunk or the promising but untested White?
If we don't need to sell neither!
The Albion need to concentrate on progression which we won't achieve by selling our best players. I would rather sell the fringe players.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

Does Chelsea have the funds for both? Or perhaps would include player swap..?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I personally would allow a bidding war for White and would get what we can for him

I know he’s a fantastic prospect but he’s heads been turned and he’s supposedly refusing a new contract so we’re probably going to get the maximum for him in this window

We can then keep the defence as it is although a replacement for Montoya is likely

The amount that we get for White could then go towards our record signing for the striker that we really need

Obviously just my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here