[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Both had their heads turned, but once told it wasn’t happening both got their heads down and continued to work and train hard and give 110% in every match they played. There wasn’t a huge fallout in either case, Dunk in particular I suspect was more a contractual leverage gambit than actually wanting to go, and I think Stephens probably got a promise he’d be allowed to go if he gave 1 more season and we didn’t get promoted.

For White to go to anywhere, the price first has to be right. Leeds offer is a complete joke. They obviously don't want him that badly.

For Bloom to allow it to be Leeds, imho, it would have to meet one of these reasons. 1 year or less on contract - No. Brighton relegated - No, Leeds established top half PL team (not direct mini league competitor next season) - No.

They can cry, whinge, write more hashtags all they want. Tony Bloom alone holds all the cards.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I personally would allow a bidding war for White and would get what we can for him

I know he’s a fantastic prospect but he’s heads been turned and he’s supposedly refusing a new contract so we’re probably going to get the maximum for him in this window

We can then keep the defence as it is although a replacement for Montoya is likely

The amount that we get for White could then go towards our record signing for the striker that we really need

Obviously just my opinion

Let’s not forget the same was said of Dunk a few years ago when he handed in a transfer request.

Keeping both would obviously be preferable, but if we had to sell one, I’d rather sell Dunk. White is the future.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Let’s not forget the same was said of Dunk a few years ago when he handed in a transfer request.

Keeping both would obviously be preferable, but if we had to sell one, I’d rather sell Dunk. White is the future.

Also I've not seen anything concrete about the contract refusals by White. Just speculation fuelled by social media

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I personally would allow a bidding war for White and would get what we can for him

I know he’s a fantastic prospect but he’s heads been turned and he’s supposedly refusing a new contract so we’re probably going to get the maximum for him in this window

We can then keep the defence as it is although a replacement for Montoya is likely

The amount that we get for White could then go towards our record signing for the striker that we really need

I couldn't disagree more. Nobody can say with any certainty. "His head has been turned" you're repeating Leeds fans rumours. Nobody can say with any certainty he's turned down 2 contact offers. Even if he has, you cannot say it's because he wants to leave or go to Leeds, or what was in contract. Agents always play games to leverage more. Why are you so sure that's not the case here (even if true?)

There is no transfer request and even if there was, [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] was right. You simply cannot allow it for a couple of reasons, if it's to advantage a direct competitor, or to set a dangerous precedent, that in this club the tail wags the dog.

Why roll over? Are we poor, still playing under knight at Withdean? You don't become top ten by giving away a potential future England player under contract. Ben will knuckle down and play for the Albion, no doubt he'll enjoy it too.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I would like to think the sale of White would go a long way to paying for the training ground
This would mean any future sales of players we develop would be profit
It would be a great start to Uncle Tone getting some of his huge investment back

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we don't need to sell neither!
The Albion need to concentrate on progression which we won't achieve by selling our best players. I would rather sell the fringe players.

Yes, but you won't get upwards of £40M for the fringe players, even as a job lot!

I'd rather sell Dunk - he deserves a big money move, especially if it's this boyhood dream team. It'll be galling for him if White beats him to (more than one brief) England place; think how dreadful it would feel for him if young White jumps him for the dream move to Chelsea (not saying it would be deliberate on White's part, but it would be a cruel blow).

Besides, I really want White to have a season or two with us before going for an even bigger price.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

I think we all know that in modern football a club does not bid for a player unless they have been encouraged to do so by the player via his agent. In fact in most cases personal terms have also been agreed. Sure, you can talk about using it as a bargaining chip but I think we all know it isn't one of those cases.

So what is left is negotiating a good deal. The Mings deal last summer is a good pointer to a fee but with the effects of COVID in mind. I think a fee of 20million plus 2million for PL safety after year 1, a million each for 50 and 100 appearances and 5million for an England cap in a competitive fixture and a 20% sell on clause . . . would be fair. Great player without PL experience. Huge potential but equally some questions over physicality at the top level.

Regards

Oh dear. Well I think you’ve been embarrassed yourself enough here as it is.

Firstly it’s irrelevant on what you feel a good deal is. It’s nothing to do with you (And you clearly don’t understand business). We are under no obligation to give good market value.

But let’s repeat the main fact here petal lest you forget it.

We used your club as a development stepping stone for one of our u23 players. The fact that you’re so gleefully gloating that you’ve made a bid for one of our players (which has been rejected) who has never played a minute in the a Premier League belies your true position in the pecking order.

Oh.. and I thought genius Bielsa made Ben White the player he is? In which case why is your amateur club so desperate to sign him? Just get Bielsa to work his magic on another defender. But maybe one of your own this time as you lot don’t seem to understand the mechanics of the loan system and get all upset, weepy and teary eyed when the player goes back home.

Bielsa world class. Hilarious. And what has he won? Sod all.

The way your silly fans have behaved would make me happy to see White go to any other club.

Ugly, classless club that you are. Worst fans in the league.

A.B.L.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As I said before, we know nothing. Although I do know from a Barber reply on another matter, that Brighton take no notice of social media. That's for the fans.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

There is no transfer request and even if there was, [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] was right. You simply cannot allow it for a couple of reasons, if it's to advantage a direct competitor, or to set a dangerous precedent, that in this club the tail wags the dog.

Why roll over? Are we poor, still playing under knight at Withdean? You don't become top ten by giving away a potential future England player under contract. Ben will knuckle down and play for the Albion, no doubt he'll enjoy it too.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

One thing is for sure. Tony is a don at business. There is no chance we will let an asset leave for a pawltry 20 odd million when he will be worth potentially double or treble that in the future.

Leeds thickos haven’t quite grasped this yet.

Anyway, unless a true bigger club comes in I still think Ben will play for us next season. When you lay out the facts it’s pretty evident that Dan Ashworth and GP have always intended for BW to return and step up into our first team.

A.B.L

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Why not loan him to Liverpool on the basis they loan us Brewster in return?

If he looks good next to VVD, Liverpool will make Leeds' offers somewhat poundland.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leeds fans really don’t get it do they. We won’t have egg on our faces even if they were to sign him. It’s the arrogance that it’s a given that is funny. I’d like to see white but we’re so well covered in that dept if he is sold it’s a bonus £30mil or so for us for a lad who hasn’t played league football etc properly for us. Whatever the outcome, it’s only Leeds fans who look like massive knobheads here :lol:

Ps - Would rather sell White (unproven in this league) than Dunky despite the ages..

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

One thing is for sure. Tony is a don at business. There is no chance we will let an asset leave for a pawltry 20 odd million when he will be worth potentially double or treble that in the future.

Leeds thickos haven’t quite grasped this yet.

Anyway, unless a true bigger club comes in I still think Ben will play for us next season. When you lay out the facts it’s pretty evident that Dan Ashworth and GP have always intended for BW to return and step up into our first team.

A.B.L[/QUOTE

Agreed. Perhaps someone ought to mention to the Leeds fans that Tony is a world class poker player. He ain't going to
get stitched up easily.

theboybilly

Leeds fans really don’t get it do they. We won’t have egg on our faces even if they were to sign him. It’s the arrogance that it’s a given that is funny. I’d like to see white but we’re so well covered in that dept if he is sold it’s a bonus £30mil or so for us for a lad who hasn’t played league football etc properly for us. Whatever the outcome, it’s only Leeds fans who look like massive knobheads here :lol:

Ps - Would rather sell White (unproven in this league) than Dunky despite the ages..

I wonder what Twitter would have looked like back in the day when McQueen, Jordan, Alan 'Mr Leeds' Smith and Cantona went to a much bigger club :D

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We don't need to sell so unless Leeds make us an offer we cannot refuse clearly not £18-22m then he won't go. It would take north of £30m to make us even consider it.

I’d imagine if Leeds can scrape together that money and we did except, a big club would come in and go higher as Bens a good prospect we’ve grown and they’ll know it. The player will only want to move to a bigger more established prem club which only leaves about 6 or 7 in the running...?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

I think we all know that in modern football a club does not bid for a player unless they have been encouraged to do so by the player via his agent. In fact in most cases personal terms have also been agreed. Sure, you can talk about using it as a bargaining chip but I think we all know it isn't one of those cases.

So what is left is negotiating a good deal. The Mings deal last summer is a good pointer to a fee but with the effects of COVID in mind. I think a fee of 20million plus 2million for PL safety after year 1, a million each for 50 and 100 appearances and 5million for an England cap in a competitive fixture and a 20% sell on clause . . . would be fair. Great player without PL experience. Huge potential but equally some questions over physicality at the top level.

Regards

Haha, what a load of bollocks, apart from the one fact that you've made a few made bids. All the rest is hearsay.

Remind me how much experience Bielsa has in the Prem?

And your line 'huge potential but questions over physicality at the top level' will have been one of the exact reasons he was sent on loan to a championship club for the season to gain a full season at that level. Utterly laughable that Leeds fans seem to think its because we didn't see potential in him, and /or Bielsa made him the player he is. Completely misunderstanding (or choosing to) what the loan system is there for

Leeds fans becoming a laughing stock over all this

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's just dawned on me that a decent analogy of Leeds United's dealings with Brighton is very similar to the way the UK has been dealing with the EU over Brexit.

#GetBenWhiteDone
#Let'sTakeBackControl
#LeedsDeservesBetter

Fortunately this one isn't going to be decided by media influence.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I read somewherwe that Tony had Frank, Jose, Jurgen, Pep, Ole and Mikel down for a video session at Lancing last week along with a few blokes from Madrid, Munich, Paris, Rome and Milan. They were invited to submit sealed bids by the end of the month and the top three will advance to the open bidding phase. It was all going swimmingly until they ran out of wine. Luckily one of the waiters, Marcelo or something like that, performed some sort of miracle with the tap water and saved the day.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's just dawned on me that a decent analogy of Leeds United's dealings with Brighton is very similar to the way the UK has been dealing with the EU over Brexit.

#GetBenWhiteDone
#Let'sTakeBackControl
#LeedsDeservesBetter

Fortunately this one isn't going to be decided by media influence.

Ridiculous analogy, Leeds United FC are way bigger than the European Union and more important!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It would be a cruel blow to Dunk if young White not only jumps ahead of him in the England squad, but also jumps ahead of him getting a big money move that would have been Dunk's dream move to his boyhood heroes. Take a good offer for Dunk now (if one comes in and if he wants to go) and even bigger money for White in a year or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports