Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Dickenson

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Chris Holrolyd looked mustard in the division above that, and we are now a division higher than when that gamble failed to work out. It's a BIG jump for the player, so no, I don't think we'll be making a move for him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a BIG jump for the player, so no, I don't think we'll be making a move for him.

I don't see why not. Just because Holroyd didn't work out, doesn't mean the idea is flawed. Take a punt, I say.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Charlie Austin was plucked from the Wessex League, three leagues below Conference South, and he's made the grade at our level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's 18. He'll probably sign, but almost certainly go straight into the development squad.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't see why not. Just because Holroyd didn't work out, doesn't mean the idea is flawed. Take a punt, I say.

Fair point, I just think it's a very big jump. Sure, some work out, but very few when they jump THAT far in one leap. CMS and McLean both went from non-league to peterborough for instance, but I do think that was only 1 division, whereas this is 4 divisions. When you see the difference in some players between League One and teh Championship, that just seems a lot to ask of the lad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair point, I just think it's a very big jump. Sure, some work out, but very few when they jump THAT far in one leap. CMS and McLean both went from non-league to peterborough for instance, but I do think that was only 1 division, whereas this is 4 divisions. When you see the difference in some players between League One and teh Championship, that just seems a lot to ask of the lad.

I think that's a fair comment if the player is into his 20s. If he's only got to the Conference South at 25, how likely would he be to make the step up in class.

If the player is only 18, he's still developing, and could very feasibly have it in him to reach a much higher level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here