Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Dickenson

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to stick my neck RIGHT out on this one and say I think we're going to nab this promising youngster sometime very soon.

Fingers crossed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What happened to the left sided midfielder clubs were all looking at played for Worthing in recent seasons, cant rememb er his name I think it sounded Greek or similar.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
What happened to the left sided midfielder clubs were all looking at played for Worthing in recent seasons, cant rememb er his name I think it sounded Greek or similar.
Mickey Demetriou, left-footed CB. Now at Kidderminster, I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So despite a number of clubs looking at him he didnt make it in to the FL. I thought that he was being talked of as going to Cyprus and possibly hitting the big time there. Or am I mixing him up with a player of similar type name who left Orient, probably am thinking about it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
probably Bournemouth* who are after him but if it was us then why not............?

* edit: Reading and Palace have been scouting him in the last few weeks

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm going to stick my neck RIGHT out on this one and say I think we're going to nab this promising youngster sometime very soon.

Fingers crossed.

Excellent news :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
offer accepted apparently - well done Bozza

* on seagulls player commentary that they have accepted our bid today

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who was that player we signed for £4,000 from Burton Albion ? Some fans said at the time he would never make the big time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Torby doesn't seem to be a "natural" goalscorer but that doesn't mean he can't score goals or that he won't have a future - against Wrexham he appeared to show good touches and took up the right positions so there is clearly something there to work with.

Don't know anything about Dickenson, whether he is tall, fast, one or two-footed, good in the air........................................?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At least I have heard of this player because he had been scouted by another club before Christmas. It was Palace:

Ben Dickenson [Archive] - CPFC BBS

But Bournemeouth have also expressed interest. That's my memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here