Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Went to queue up in a shop the other day, they had 2m lines on the floor. There was a guy ambling near one of the lines, checking out stuff on the shelf next to him. Now, it was quite hard to tell if he was shopping or if he was in the queue, so I politely asked him.

The absolute weapon nearly bit my head off. YES I AM, THATS WHAT THE LINES ARE FOR ITS SOCIAL DISTANCING. THWRE IS A PANDEMIC HAPPENING.

Bellend.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Over the last couple of weeks the biggest bell cheeseness I found is on the roads.
As I am continuing to travel to work by car so I can carry out my job the roads are pleasantly quiet , but there has been a few occasions where some **** is right up the back of me getting furious cos I’m sticking to the speed limit .

Calm down ......you’ll be dead soon enough !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Over the last couple of weeks the biggest bell cheeseness I found is on the roads.
As I am continuing to travel to work by car so I can carry out my job the roads are pleasantly quiet , but there has been a few occasions where some **** is right up the back of me getting furious cos I’m sticking to the speed limit .

Yup, happens with regularity to me at 4:30 in the morning! Tossers

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003

Yep seen some horrendous driving recently. Failing to give way at roundabouts and a transit van trying to drive 85mph 2m behind the van in front on the A27 are just a few examples. Also quite a few cars drive through red lights I guess in the belief they are the only drivers on the road.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think this is a really interesting point.

How many of those standing queues actually need to do so? How much stuff have they got in the freezers at home they could use?
Do they really need more toilet roll? Are they buying because they want to or because they need to?

I’m lucky as I have a decent corner shop, a butchers and a fishmongers nearby. Haven’t been to a large supermarket since this all started and have worked on buying a few fresh things and emptying my freezer. I know not everyone can do this but how many actually could if they made an effort?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm quite enjoying running out or low of the odd food item or drink and making sure we eat everything within a year of use by dates. The oldest was 12m out of date packet custard with lemon drizzle cake I wanted out the freezer to make more room. The strangest was probably the vegan masala pie with spinach, mushrooms and chick peas delivered in error by the farm shop. Actually when I say strange, I mean yuk, but I'm not wasting anything!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
^ I’ve got some use by October 2017 dated wholewheat lasagne sheets that need using up at some point. Bizarrely I’ve had sone use by date August 2019 Asda white onions in a cupboard that haven’t gone off at all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

There are so many drivers now on the country roads who assume there is nothing coming the other way ever and drive like they are at Silverstone. Cars roaring past me trying to beat the land speed record before they hit the blind corner ahead.

I am convinced someone has set up a time trial competition.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I was getting my exercise a few days' ago by cycling along the cycle lane by Kingsway bowling greens. A grey-haired woman dressed in a blue onesie cycled towards me, flapping her right arm about like a lunatic. I looked around assuming there was a child about to run in front of me from somewhere but couldn't see any problem. As we passed each other, she shouted something, probably expletives. Quite unnecessary as we passed about 2m from each other. I thought no more of it until I was cycling back the next day from Saltdean on the undercliff path. In the distance was this woman again, cycling towards me flapping her arm at anyone within 10m of her. Strange?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was getting my exercise a few days' ago by cycling along the cycle lane by Kingsway bowling greens. A grey-haired woman dressed in a blue onesie cycled towards me, flapping her right arm about like a lunatic. I looked around assuming there was a child about to run in front of me from somewhere but couldn't see any problem. As we passed each other, she shouted something, probably expletives. Quite unnecessary as we passed about 2m from each other. I thought no more of it until I was cycling back the next day from Saltdean on the undercliff path. In the distance was this woman again, cycling towards me flapping her arm at anyone within 10m of her. Strange?!

If she phones you and asks you to play 'Misty' for her, call the police.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm quite enjoying running out or low of the odd food item or drink and making sure we eat everything within a year of use by dates. The oldest was 12m out of date packet custard with lemon drizzle cake I wanted out the freezer to make more room. The strangest was probably the vegan masala pie with spinach, mushrooms and chick peas delivered in error by the farm shop. Actually when I say strange, I mean yuk, but I'm not wasting anything!

I'm part of a 'Fair Share' group. Basically, the supermarkets give a chunk of their 'just about to go out of date so will be going to landfill' stuff, and it gets distributed. You never quite know what you're going to get. Two weeks ago we had loads of carrots and onions, so made plenty of soup. Last week we had some coco-pops (absolutely horrid, but I did manage to eat them), and cartons of liquid egg and milk mix (for omelettes and scrambled eggs) - which is something I never knew even existed!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Nanny State Cluck, a forum giving a bunch of middle aged men old enough to know better a safe space in which to cluck out their OUTRAGE! and vent their Coronavirus spleens at their fellow shoppers.

‘Outraged Posting Saves Lives’

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep seen some horrendous driving recently. Failing to give way at roundabouts and a transit van trying to drive 85mph 2m behind the van in front on the A27 are just a few examples. Also quite a few cars drive through red lights I guess in the belief they are the only drivers on the road.

There are so many drivers now on the country roads who assume there is nothing coming the other way ever and drive like they are at Silverstone. Cars roaring past me trying to beat the land speed record before they hit the blind corner ahead.

I am convinced someone has set up a time trial competition.

I've not been out on the roads, but I frequently hear the loud roar of accelerating motorbikes on the A259 to my SW. Obviously, the roads / world is quieter, so any loud sound is more apparent, but my assumption is that there are some people really enjoying the empty roads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've not been out on the roads, but I frequently hear the loud roar of accelerating motorbikes on the A259 to my SW. Obviously, the roads / world is quieter, so any loud sound is more apparent, but my assumption is that there are some people really enjoying the empty roads.

I too live quite close to the A259 and said exactly the same yesterday afternoon. It must be paradise out there for bikers at the moment. There were so many accelerating bikes during the afternoon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How to stop supermarket bellcheesary with one simple measure:-

Drive in shops

[tweet]1245057199908491264[/tweet]

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale

Drive in shops

Imagine the Audi shopper right on your backside whilst trying to select your apples!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Drive in shops

Maybe when everyone is driving electric vehicles, otherwise the food and the shop will be smothered in exhaust fumes

On a somewhat different tack, which Supermarkets have the best piped music. Morrisions seem to play some quite classy stuff, at least two Motown classics on Saturday and a while a go they even played this 1970's classic (well I like it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4

You would probably not be surprised, after listening to it, that it was the theme tune to a '70's "blaxploitation" cop movie.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here