Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bedwetting Jokers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For the record, I went back through the games we played in those 23 and have amassed the following;

Won
Newcastle (A)
Burnley (A)
Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)

Drew
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Southampton (A)
Leicester (A)
Wolves (A)
Sheff Utd (A)
Watford (H)
West Ham (A)
Villa (H)
Chelsea (H)

Lost
Everton (A)
Man Utd (H)
Chelsea (H)
Man City (H)
Liverpool (H)
Man Utd (H)
Palace (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (A)

That makes it 22 points from 23 games, which is around the "point per game" you generally need to survive. There are a couple of really disappointing results in there, but most of those came last January (defeat to Bournemouth, draw with Villa) and February (draw with Watford, defeat to Palace). Other than that those results are pretty much what I would have expected or better. Can you single out which of the other 19 results you wish to take particular umbrage at?

Note also all of those four wins have come since June, and we've won 4 of our last 14, of which the only games we've lost have been to Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Everton and Man Utd (twice). Who of those should we be beating in your opinion?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
you are a tit... must be a 'new' fan... thank heavens you weren't around during the dark days!

Saw my first game in 76. Swindon 2-0. Sammy Morgan scored both. 4 in 23 is unacceptable

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
For the record, I went back through the games we played in those 23 and have amassed the following;

Won
Newcastle (A)
Burnley (A)
Norwich (A)
Arsenal (H)

Drew
Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)
Southampton (A)
Leicester (A)
Wolves (A)
Sheff Utd (A)
Watford (H)
West Ham (A)
Villa (H)
Chelsea (H)

Lost
Everton (A)
Man Utd (H)
Chelsea (H)
Man City (H)
Liverpool (H)
Man Utd (H)
Palace (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (A)

That makes it 22 points from 23 games, which is around the "point per game" you generally need to survive. There are a couple of really disappointing results in there, but most of those came last January (defeat to Bournemouth, draw with Villa) and February (draw with Watford, defeat to Palace). Other than that those results are pretty much what I would have expected or better. Can you single out which of the other 19 results you wish to take particular umbrage at?

Note also all of those four wins have come since June, and we've won 4 of our last 14, of which the only games we've lost have been to Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Everton and Man Utd (twice). Who of those should we be beating in your opinion?

Excellent digging but I fear it's for ought. I would imagine this chap has had enough of 'stats' and 'facts'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Saw my first game in 76. Swindon 2-0. Sammy Morgan scored both. I am a not Palace and 4 in 23 is unacceptable.

So it’s 22 pts from 23 games in 2020.

If you make it 24 games, it’s 25pts & 5 wins.

Not ideal, we hit a major slump at the start of the year, but not unacceptable either.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Everton are the only current PL team that we have lost away to in the league this year.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
four wins have come since June, and we've won 4 of our last 14, of which the only games we've lost have been to Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Everton and Man Utd (twice). Who of those should we be beating in your opinion?

100% this. Our form since June has been excellent and we could have quite easily got more points than we have. We’ve had a good transfer window, adding White, Lullana and now Welbeck. UTA.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
1 loss away in 10, not bad for a crap team eh?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Thought you were supposed to be H-A-P-P-Y? Does is still only hurt when you laugh?

Only when I laugh but not laughing at the moment but it hurts!

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
1 loss away in 10, not bad for a crap team eh?

Maybe so but the thread is 4 wins in 23 is that good for a crap team. You must be happy with that then. Get real man for the love of God.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe so but the thread is 4 wins in 23 is that good for a crap team. You must be happy with that then. Get real man for the love of God.

We are not as clinical as we should be but I am bloody loving being an Albion fan under Potter. I clearly remember where we came from and I am being entertained in the PL by a team that look like it belongs there. What’s not to like? I accept we aren’t going to do any better than survive, anything better is a bonus. The change in the style of football is fantastic. We will get better and better imo

Anyone who is unhappy really should consider supporting another, more successful team, imo

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here