[Albion] Beat Sheffield United in the Cup, or beat Luton in the League?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Sheffield United in the Cup, or beat Luton in the League?

• Progress in the cup, but lose to Luton

Votes: 97 54.8%
  • Knocked out of the cup, but a big three points at Kenilworth Road

Votes: 80 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tough choice.

I do like a Cup run but don't really get excited about potentially winning it until Man City are knocked out.

Also for me the dropped points v Burnley and Sheffield United place us a little down in the league on where I'd hoped we'd be.

So, on balance, a win at Luton please

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Premier League, Premier League, Premier League.

Qualifying for Europe again is my personal hope & dream for this season, I really want us to achieve it. It would be monumental.

I think the FA Cup can only result in disappointment, as City are surely going to win it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A pedant writes that you have said 'beat Luton' in the thread title but then said defeat for us in the poll question.

Winning tomorrow and getting a point at Luton would be just dandy thanks :)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Cup.

I just don't think qualifying for Europe is happening this season, even if we win at Luton.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Cup all day long. I genuinely believe we can win it. We can make up for three points lost at Luton by getting a surprise win in the league in another fixture.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Its obviously not that deep, but I have to abstain if winning one means losing the other. Both are going to be tricky games- the kind we traditionally struggle with- but I can't say I'd be happy if we came back from Luton with nowt or aren't in the hat for the next round.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Unless we had a chance of winning the league then it is always the cup

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reluctantly gone for the cup.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Surprised that so far people are opting for winning in the FA Cup. What swayed it for me, was that we’re in the knockout stages of the Europa League, and being in Europe again next season would be a massive achievement and measurable progress. Hopefully we can win both!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports