Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beat Sheffield United in the Cup, or beat Luton in the League?

Beat Sheffield United in the Cup, or beat Luton in the League?

• Progress in the cup, but lose to Luton

Votes: 97 54.8%
  • Knocked out of the cup, but a big three points at Kenilworth Road

Votes: 80 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Cup. We're not challenging for the top 4 in reality, so I want to see us progress as far as possible in one of the 2 competitions we have a outside chance of winning, or at least getting another day out at Wembley from.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Cup

You don't get an open top bus for finishing 7th rather than 8th.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
For me it’s getting into Europe next season. PL wins don’t come along very often this season, too many home draws against non-top 7 clubs to date.
Really?

Let's win something domestic for starters

It's been a long time

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Abu Dhabi, the Chavs, Arse or Spurs will win the trophies, football in England is all about money when push comes to shove …. the finals.

Birmingham, Pompey and Wigan the last to break the pattern, seems like a long time ago now.
Let's add our name to that list

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don't qualify for Europe just for winning at Luton
Yep, and I didn't suggest otherwise. Although getting 7th is more achievable than winning the cup, which still has so many strong teams in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don't win it by losing your 4th round game
And you don't win it either. I'd rather win the FA cup, but winning league games gives us a better chance of qualifying for Europe again. We all discussed the same thing last year and I said the same. I was right them and I'm right now.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
And you don't win it either. I'd rather win the FA cup, but winning league games gives us a better chance of qualifying for Europe again. We all discussed the same thing last year and I said the same. I was right them and I'm right now.

we each have our own requirements

I am sure that if I was in a place in life where I could go on a European jolly I would feel differently.

However that is not the case.

As I slip into dotage and beyond I would rather leave this mortal coil as a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter who was around when we won the FA Cup once rather than one who saw us qualify for the Europa league a few times.

...but then I am very selfish.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I slip into dotage and beyond I would rather leave this mortal coil as a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter who was around when we won the FA Cup once rather than one who saw us qualify for the Europa league a few times.

Firstly, if we win the FA cup then we also qualify for Europe.

Secondly, I would also rather win the cup. It's just not as likely.

Getting into Europe again would help build the reputation of the team and the players we can keep and attract, giving us a better chance of winning the FA cup in the future.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've abstained too, as there is no causal link between the 2 and in want us to win both.

Progress in the Cup is important though, as we need to have something to show for this period of success.

Looks like the majority prefer progress in the Cup too.
1000019499.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cup our lack of trophies is really poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here