Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BDO Lakeside starts today.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
As good or bad as it is players have good and bad days. I don't see many people bring up the fact that Eric i hate The Bdo Bristow in a 1999 Pdc World Finals Tournament hit a splendid 53 Average v Peter Manley.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
As good or bad as it is players have good and bad days. I don't see many people bring up the fact that Eric i hate The Bdo Bristow in a 1999 Pdc World Finals Tournament hit a splendid 53 Average v Peter Manley.

Clutching at 17 year old straws there, this shows how much the PDC has grown given the averages in even the poorest matches this year and where the BDO is at best its poorer sibling

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Wasn't the Crafty Cockney blighted by Dartitis by then?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Not every player in the PDC is a professional - doesn't pay THAT well for all! Much depends on sponsors...

Well done to Sotty Dog & good to see Pipey in the crowd :thumbsup:

If you look at the PDC prize fund/earnings list and towards the bottom they'd make more money working in KFC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you look at the PDC prize fund/earnings list and towards the bottom they'd make more money working in KFC.

Plus you have to remember it costs £100 per tourno to enter on a weekend - let alone hotels / transport / food / drink etc etc - not as glamorous down the bottom! Used to cost my mate a fortune on the tour if we went out first round and bearing in mind there's a 1/3 chance you'd play a top 32 seed it wasn't easy!

Ps - well done on pointless mate - my dad even rang me to say you were on!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wesley 'self' Harms getting tonked by Jamie Hughes.

He shouldn't beat himself up if he loses....

Incredible darts from 'Yozza', think we could be witnessing the birth of a future darts superstar here.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very impressive from Yozza. Performance of the tournament so far; incredible darts.

His Wolves accent is so broad though and he looks like someone from their hooligan firm, the subway army.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'm a big Taylor fan but I honestly believe Father Time has caught up with him. His scoring on the 20s and 19s is fine - it's basically muscle memory to him - but when he has to go around the board he's been found wanting. He's been missing too many darts at double and I'm not sure he has the ability to dig deep when he needs to.

I watched the Grand Slam of Darts Final last night - he was 7-3 up against MVG, then lost 6 in a row and never recovered. He had the odd chance to level up the match but missed out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in glasses soon.

I do know what you mean, his averages are still decent, but he doesn't hit the doubles like he did. As I said before my feeling about a Taylor revival is probably down to nostalgia. But I have always thought you write him off at your peril, and maybe if he gets a bit more settled away from the game he might be able to have one last go. I really hope he does, it would be amazing to see him world champ one more time.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Great match between Glen Durrant and Scott Waites.

I want Scotty to win. That Durrant fella is a miserable git. Still, if I had to live in Middlesbrough I certainly wouldn't smile much.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great match between Glen Durrant and Scott Waites.

I want Scotty to win. That Durrant fella is a miserable git. Still, if I had to live in Middlesbrough I certainly wouldn't smile much.

How the hell are they playing each other this early? There's only 3 decent players in the whole tournament and they're 2 of them (Scott Mitchell is the other) - 4 if you count Dita Hedman.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How the hell are they playing each other this early? There's only 3 decent players in the whole tournament and they're 2 of them (Scott Mitchell is the other) - 4 if you count Dita Hedman.

What about the golden girl? Rolled back the years yesterday.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Seedlings, Waites has had a difficult couple of years, but now looks at times back to his best.

Duzza looked gutted, but can't see him cutting it in the PDC if he does decide to jump ship.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Mitchell throwing pub darts right now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
She did well tonight but was awful yesterday as was her opponent who missed 40 out of 44 darts for a double , even I would have hit more

Priceless. Women's semi-final, DIta Hedman takes the second set, the announcer says "Game shot and the match, Dita Hedman!". Her confused Dutch opponent clearly mouths "It's the best of five?" before grumpily shakes hands and walking off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here