Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
OK, OK, I can't resist the bait put out by my friend in the post above.

May I just point out one other possible contender in the NL ?
A team who have added Mike Leake and a returning Adam Wainwright to the rotation,
A team with seven post season appearances, four National League pennants and two World Series wins this century.
A team with eleven world titles since the Cubs managed their last?

I accept that the Cubs look good this year, and go into this season with renewed hope and expectation (where have we heard that before?)
I also know that pre-season friendlies (here) and spring training (there) are no reliable guide to the season to come but Cubs fans can't be too excited by an 8-17 .320 record can they?
And it is possible that the bookies having them at 15/2 favourites to win their first World Series since 1908 might be right.
I wouldn't bet on it though.

My Divisional winners are:
AL East Yankees
AL Central Royals
AL West Astros

NL East Mets
NL Central Cardinals
NL West Giants

I was asked to question: After hacking the Astros have the Cardinals stooped to adding honey to Hayward's kit? Or is it none of your beeesness?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was asked to question: After hacking the Astros have the Cardinals stooped to adding honey to Hayward's kit? Or is it none of your beeesness?

I'm sorry, and this may be due to my recent return from the pub, but what on earth are you talking about? :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Minnesota Twins, all the way :clap2:

I'll be seeing them play in New York vs the Mets in September, followed by a couple of games at Target Field Minneapolis, vs the Detroit Tigers.

Then I'm going to try to take in a Cubs game in Chicago (vs the Cardinals), but might have to see how fed up with baseball the missus is before I know for sure if that'll happen. The Twins games are the main attraction though.

Just you and me Easy :salute:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just you and me Easy :salute:

:thumbsup:

Let us revel and thrive in our underdoggedness.

I'll be doing the draft later tonight, and openly admit I won't know what the FRICK I am doing (especially as I also have a pressing appointment down the local between now and then). But I'll be picking several Twins players out of a sense of loyalty, and because they're pretty much the only ones I have half a clue about.

No Plouffe, no party.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
:thumbsup:

Let us revel and thrive in our underdoggedness.

I'll be doing the draft later tonight, and openly admit I won't know what the FRICK I am doing (especially as I also have a pressing appointment down the local between now and then). But I'll be picking several Twins players out of a sense of loyalty, and because they're pretty much the only ones I have half a clue about.

No Plouffe, no party.

Was mightily impressed with your pitchers when you played us a few days ago, got my eye on a couple of twins players later myself!

But for me, no Franco, no party, this guy is going to spear head the Phillies revival!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
welcome to the draft [MENTION=13653]daves143[/MENTION] [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]_10

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see, on Saturday Baz, your Cards got a schooling from the pennant winners elect. :lol: :dunce:

#pre-seasonformguide

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
You're not. My daughter is.

They do have you second last

But that is about as reliable as 442 predictions for the Championship this year

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can someone copy and paste projected finish standings! I reckon iam last!

ANYONE can just blindly pick most of the top ranked players.

It takes a special kind of idiocy to remain loyal to the hopeless lunks who make up your own team :thumbsup:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Heavily relying on a good Phillies re build and year for my team to really push on! Il keeping close tabs on the free agents Market all year for the players surprising and hitting form!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here