Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Have you seen the tentative plans to bring a regular season match up to the Olympic Stadium? Maybe as soon as next season

Will be the the New York Mets 100%. They are trying to have a big series against another world wide know team to maximise demand. I think they mets do have a series with the redsox they could bring over here. From what I heard last week talks are going very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you seen the tentative plans to bring a regular season match up to the Olympic Stadium? Maybe as soon as next season

Yes, I'd heard rumblings about that. And it'd probably be a couple of the crappier MLB teams who'd play a series there, so there's a reasonable chance the Twins would come over. In which case, I'd be all over that like white on rice.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My Giants will be on the brink of expiration on Monday. Giants were down two in a 5 game series and came back to win 3 in a row in 2012, but the Reds were not this season's Cubbies: Chicago have so many ways to beat you. Watching Chapman is insane. He routinely tosses at 102-103 mph, and holds the record with a pitch over 105.

Still, MadBum against Arrieta should be another great duel, and the Giants might stay alive until Tuesday. If the Cubs win, I'll definitely be jumping on their wagon and hoping they can humiliate the hated Dodgers in the NLCS, assuming the blue poo get by the Nationals. In the American league it's BJs all the way for me. As sympathetic as I am for the hard luck Cleveland fans, I'll never get behind that team until they ditch their racist logo :nono:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What a game. Blue Jays win it 7-6 in the bottom of the tenth, after public enemy number one Odor makes an absolute SHAMBLES of a double-play attempt.

3-0 series sweep :clap2:

Bring on the ALCS. I'm a happy man

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a game. Blue Jays win it 7-6 in the bottom of the tenth, after public enemy number one Odor makes an absolute SHAMBLES of a double-play attempt.

3-0 series sweep :clap2:

Bring on the ALCS. I'm a happy man

[yt]cbOf3F1ULdY[/yt]
Can't help thinking the first baseman contributed to that fck up. Good scenes though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Awesome video, is that one you took?! Would love to see the jays go all the way!

No, I'm not in Toronto! Just found it on YT.

I'm hoping the Indians beat the Red Sox in 4 or 5. Cleveland are currently 2-0 up and if Boston get out of that hole, they will have too much confidence and momentum. Also, the BRS probably have the best bullpen in MLB which would completely nullify our sluggers.

And on that fact, in post season the Blue Jays have hit 10 home runs - the same as the other four American League teams involved in the post season put together. :cheers:

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
No, I'm not in Toronto! Just found it on YT.

I'm hoping the Indians beat the Red Sox in 4 or 5. Cleveland are currently 2-0 up and if Boston get out of that hole, they will have too much confidence and momentum. Also, the BRS probably have the best bullpen in MLB which would completely nullify our sluggers.

And on that fact, in post season the Blue Jays have hit 10 home runs - the same as the other four American League teams involved in the post season put together. :cheers:

Public mourning and gnashing of teeth here in Dallas today. Disastrous showing by the Rangers. Calamitous effort.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
[yt]cbOf3F1ULdY[/yt]
Can't help thinking the first baseman contributed to that fck up. Good scenes though.

He takes a small bit of blame, but it was a pretty TERRIBLE throw to him.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Congratulations to the Cleveland Indians who beat the Red Sox 4-3 and head to the ALCS this Friday at home against the Blue Jays. Unfortunately ‘Big Papi's’ career finishes without the fairy tale ending. But nice to see the Boston crowd cheering for him at the end of the game even though they just got eliminated. Shows how much they respect him. Definite Hall of Famer and what an incredible final season he had.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Giants have only just finished there game, nice to wake up and watch the last 5 innings. Giants win in the 13th and live to fight another day.

Indians v Jays in the American League!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Dodgers beat the Nationals in game 5, great series between them. Roll on the finals starting tonight with the Jays in Cleveland!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Dodgers beat the Nationals in game 5, great series between them. Roll on the finals starting tonight with the Jays in Cleveland!

Woke at 3.45am and watched from the 7th inning on. Gripping stuff but textbook heartbreak for the Nats.

Think I'll root for the Cubs now, they've waited long enough.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Woke at 3.45am and watched from the 7th inning on. Gripping stuff but textbook heartbreak for the Nats.

Think I'll root for the Cubs now, they've waited long enough.

Yes the wait goes on for the Nationals, same old story with them now! Cubbies or Hays for me love to see either win it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just watched the Nats highlights, and already I can't wait for Tony Kornheiser's podcast to drop.

He is going to go nuts - which is always fun.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Jays go 2-0 down to the Indians, two very close games so far in fact only a total of 5 runs have been scored by either team in both games so far!!
and Cubs take 1-0 lead over LA.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Cubs offence has come alive last 2 games now lead series 3-2 and can hopefully wrap it up tomorrow! Cleveland could be on the verge of a NBA and MLB championships when was the last time a city took at 2 of the big 4 ( MLB,NFL,NBA,NHL) sporting crowns?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here