Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And now an error at 2nd base... Cubs under pressure! Hendricks with runners on 1st and 2nd...

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cubs chase Kluber out of the game, 5-1 Cubs at the halfway point.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now Hendricks walks the first Indians batter and he's out of the game. Massive innings for Cleveland.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lester with one of the ugliest pitches I've ever seen, bounces about 5 feet from the plate and takes Ross's head off, two runs score. 5-3 end of 5.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
6-6 top of 9 and ross draws a walk. C'mon Cubbies!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Poor throw skips away from Kipnis, Hayward to third, one out. Then a bonehead call to bunt sees Baez strike out, then a wonder play from Lindor guns down Fowler. High drama!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Extra innings but the heart of the Cubs order due up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rain delay of fifteen minutes as the clock slips past midnight in Cleveland. Top of 10th and Zobrist doubles in the goal ahead run, then Montero knocks in an insurance run. Surely the Cubs have done enough? up steps the hitless Heyward with bases loaded. He strikes out, Baez flies out, innings over.

Cubs three outs away from ending 108 years of hurt.

Napoli strikes out. Russell guns down Ramirez. Guyer walks. Tying run Rajai Davis at the plate. Guyer steals second. Davis singles, Guyer scores, 8-7. Sweet Jesus! Grounder to third Bryant to Rizzo, ballgame! CUBS ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 2016!

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As an Indians fan I know I ought to be gutted, but as it's the Cubs (bless 'em) I kind of don't mind.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Fell asleep at 5-1, woke up at 6-6, doh! Watched the exra inning though! Fantastic stuff and delighted that the Cubs finally prevailed. A World Series that really delivered.

Am now awiting the ESPN 30 for 30 doc and then the Hollywood movie.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
What a decider!!! Got up early to watch it recorded and it did not disappoint! Atmosphere was incredible too Cubs fans turned it into a home game at times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Fitting end to what's been a great World Series, with the best team over the regular season winning it, for me. I went to bed at around 2am with the Cubs 5-1 up, thinking they'd broken the game's back. Shame I missed the greater part of an epic, but on a school night and all...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here