Baseball Season 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Having a few bevvies at home to celebrate the win at Elland road, isnt doing much for my chances of staying up to watch the Mets game.

In the spirit of the Mets of 86...I will give it my best shot.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Having a few bevvies at home to celebrate the win at Elland road, isnt doing much for my chances of staying up to watch the Mets game.

In the spirit of the Mets of 86...I will give it my best shot.

Big night for Mets fans

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mets take the first game against the Cubs 4-2, 1 down 3 to go !!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Huge error in the field by the Blue jays lets the Royals back in, but who cares!!!

Harvey was immense, Murphy is on form of the season. The Mets are on the march..

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mets take the second game 4-1 against the Cubs on a freezing cold night in NYC going 2-0 in the NLCS series. Another good performance by the Murph who homered to deep right. Cubs fan Bill Murray looked a bit pissed off. Game 3 in Chicago on Tuesday night.

DavePage

Has to be true it’s on Wikipedia:
Although shagging baseballs is not considered to be dangerous,[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] several freak injuries have occurred as a result of engaging in it. In 1943, just one season after collecting his 3,000 hit, Paul Waner accidentally gashed his foot while shagging a fly ball in a game against the Pittsburgh Pirates, his former team.[SUP][9][/SUP] This was probably because Waner was nearsighted and his refusal to wear glasses;[SUP][10][/SUP] thus, he "played the outfield by ear."[SUP][9][/SUP] Nearly four decades later, Jerry Reuss was handed the honor of pitching on Opening Day in 1981, but suffered an injury to his calf while shagging baseballs for his teammates. He was replaced by unheralded rookie Fernando Valenzuela, who went on to win his next 8 consecutive decisions.[SUP][11][/SUP]
Other players who have suffered serious injuries due to shagging baseballs include Mark Fidrych and Brendan Donnelly. Fidrych suffered a left knee injury after tearing cartilage in 1977 spring training,[SUP][12][/SUP] starting a downward spiral in his career.[SUP][13][/SUP] Donnelly ended up breaking his nose while shagging baseballs, resulting in him losing half of his blood and necessitating three operations.[SUP][14]

I know no good without pictures, keep it in the imagination[/SUP]

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Has to be true it’s on Wikipedia:
Although shagging baseballs is not considered to be dangerous,[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] several freak injuries have occurred as a result of engaging in it. In 1943, just one season after collecting his 3,000 hit, Paul Waner accidentally gashed his foot while shagging a fly ball in a game against the Pittsburgh Pirates, his former team.[SUP][9][/SUP] This was probably because Waner was nearsighted and his refusal to wear glasses;[SUP][10][/SUP] thus, he "played the outfield by ear."[SUP][9][/SUP] Nearly four decades later, Jerry Reuss was handed the honor of pitching on Opening Day in 1981, but suffered an injury to his calf while shagging baseballs for his teammates. He was replaced by unheralded rookie Fernando Valenzuela, who went on to win his next 8 consecutive decisions.[SUP][11][/SUP]
Other players who have suffered serious injuries due to shagging baseballs include Mark Fidrych and Brendan Donnelly. Fidrych suffered a left knee injury after tearing cartilage in 1977 spring training,[SUP][12][/SUP] starting a downward spiral in his career.[SUP][13][/SUP] Donnelly ended up breaking his nose while shagging baseballs, resulting in him losing half of his blood and necessitating three operations.[SUP][14]

I know no good without pictures, keep it in the imagination[/SUP]

img8651257.jpg

Brendan Donnelly after the freak injury.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Mets take the second game 4-1 against the Cubs on a freezing cold night in NYC going 2-0 in the NLCS series. Another good performance by the Murph who homered to deep right. Cubs fan Bill Murray looked a bit pissed off. Game 3 in Chicago on Tuesday night.

Lets hope its groundhog day for Murray at Wrigley!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
And the Mets go 3-0 in the NLCS series beating the Cubs 5-2. Always nice to gub the Cubs in Chicago. Difficult to pick a MOM but I’d have to go for the Murph – although there is a wicked rumour that as a free agent he could end up in the Wankee pinstripes. What the hell happened at the Rogers Center, 14-2 !!, looks like we’ll be playing the Royals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports