Baseball Season 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
3 points for the Albion, a win for the Mets to go 3 up in a best of 4 series. WHAT A NIGHT!!

Looks like the Blue jays season form have deserted them. Mets V the Royals looks likely.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Looking nailed on for Mets v Royals World Series. Royals will be desperate to win it this year after going oh so close last year.

Year 2000 since last time Mets were in the World Series?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Marvelous scenes!! It's taken since 2000 but the Mets now go forward to the World series final in an incredible game against the Cubs. They take it 8-3 and get the 4 straight wins they needed. Mets got back to back home runs in the first innings to go 4-0 and Daniel Murphy puts in another amazing performance and sets a postseason record by hitting a home run for a sixth consecutive game. They can now take it easy for a few days as they wait to see if they will be playing the Blue Jays or the Royals.

And I guess someone didn’t read the script !

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cubs.jpg
    Cubs.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 139

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jays back in with a chance after a 7-1 win against the Royals

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, amazing coincidence that Cubs eliminated 4-0 on the very day they were predicted to win the World Series in Back To The Future 2.

That sweep is going to hurt, some small consolation for Cardinals fans.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
METS NL champions and heading for the world series.

I'm undecided about who is best for the Mets to face in the WS. All season long the Blue Jays have looked very strong, although I just have a feeling home advantage may swing it for the Royals. As long as it goes to a 7th game the boys can have a nice rest and wait for their next opponent.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
METS NL champions and heading for the world series.

I'm undecided about who is best for the Mets to face in the WS. All season long the Blue Jays have looked very strong, although I just have a feeling home advantage may swing it for the Royals. As long as it goes to a 7th game the boys can have a nice rest and wait for their next opponent.

For the sake of the World Series, I hope they haven't won the NL too early. When a team wins their League Series 4-0, it can be difficult to get the intensity and focus back after seven days off. The Tigers sweeping the Yankees in 2012 & then losing the WS 4-0 is just one recent example.

May 14, 2015
Come on the KC Royals, tonight they need to get to the world series so the pitching staff can have a longer rest. I really do not want the bandwagon Blue Jays to win the world series and the Mets for obvious Subway reasons. If the Mets did win it might make the Steinbrenner's spend some cash on some quality pitchers because at he moment Tanakas having surgery, CC is off having a pint and Nova and Pineda are off and on with their location. Surely the Steinbrenners would never want the Mets to have won the most recent World Series in New York, we already have to deal with the Red Sox holding on to that with every breath.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If the Mets did win it might make the Steinbrenner's spend some cash on some quality pitchers because at he moment Tanakas having surgery, CC is off having a pint and Nova and Pineda are off and on with their location.

Steinbrenner's sons just don't have the same passion and dedication as the old man did. Although George was a nasty piece of work everybody knew he was in charge.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
LA Dodgers manager Don Mattingly has been fired - I suppose when you've spent $310 million on the team you get a bit impatient

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Dodgers to me always seem to lack a core. They have plenty of talent but no galvanising force like a Tommy Lasorda.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
So it's The Mets v The Royals in the World Series.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Gave up at 1 am when it had got to the 13[SUP]th[/SUP] innings with a 4-4 score. Find out who won tomorrow. Not impressed with Fox TV, their generator went down at the bottom of the fourth leading to an extended delay (they had to use the MLB feed for a while) – just what you need when your nerves are jangling – bloody Murdoch.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
KC win on a sac fly in the 14th. Big come back win for them; they are really hard to keep down.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Listened on radio around 3 or 4am. They were saying Mets could not lose it. They had a pitcher just for that moment. Fastest arm. Impossible to strike. The Mets had the game.
So was an awesome finish for KC. Rad. Where can I get the highlights? No sky for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports