Baseball Season 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Choke-NewYorkYankees.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
First blood to the Mets in the Subway Series, beat the Yankees 5-1 with 3 home runs. Hoping for a clean sweep by the Mets. With the Blue Jays beating the Red Sox 6-1 this puts the Bombers 4.5 behind. The series against the Blue Jays is going to be interesting. Girardi is beginning to look a tad over rated.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
First blood to the Mets in the Subway Series, beat the Yankees 5-1 with 3 home runs. Hoping for a clean sweep by the Mets. With the Blue Jays beating the Red Sox 6-1 this puts the Bombers 4.5 behind. The series against the Blue Jays is going to be interesting. Girardi is beginning to look a tad over rated.

Just seen the highlights. Looked a great atmosphere in the stands as the HRs were hit. Did you manage to get a ticket? I got to be honest these METS boys are really beginning to excite me. I was lucky enough to be in NY in 86, they were a superb team that year. Lets hope history can repeat itself.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
The last minute cespedes trade has really boosted the mets, not a big fan of them but I can see them going deep in the playoffs! Can't believe how close and exciting the NL central has got although whatever happens cards, Pirates and Cubs should all be guaranteed at least wildcard spots! After been top all year Astros are sadly losing their way.
Just noticed the Indians and Orioles and Ray's all quietly getting themselves in wild card contention. Love this time of year for baseball every game now really starting to matter!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just seen the highlights. Looked a great atmosphere in the stands as the HRs were hit. Did you manage to get a ticket? I got to be honest these METS boys are really beginning to excite me. I was lucky enough to be in NY in 86, they were a superb team that year. Lets hope history can repeat itself.

Going to the game tomorrow - Go Mets!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Pity the METS lost to the yanks. Still pleased to be 6 ahead of Washington at this stage of the season..

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
94 wins now for the Redbirds
Magic number is nine
But not celebrating just yet as we've wobbled this month and still have series to come against rivals.

Bad news is Yadi is out injured
Good news Adam Wainwright is about to be reactivated from the DL

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Pirates can seal a play off place tonight, and Cubs aren't too far away! Watching a great game between Angels and Astros, Astros just taken the lead in bottom of the 7th, in the big the series finale, they gotta win to keep pressure on the Texans! Blue Jays and Yankees continues tonight, is this the last time the those two meet this season?!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Cards,Pirates and now royals all in, royals have thumped that division!!
2 great series starting tonight Cubs v pirates at wrigley which starts early this eve and really important series between Texans and Astros, astros have gotta win that series or I think the Texans will wrap the division up. Phillies have all but wrapped up first draft pick next year, and finally Rubin amaro has left, the only things positive about this team atm!

Nearly post season baseball!!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
100 wins for the CARDS! that's a cracking achievement in a very competitive division.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Congratulations Bluejays. First title in twenty years.

But forgive me for loving The St Louis Cardinals this morning.

Imagine your team being top of the league from start to finish!
I wonder if The Albion could possibly emulate that.

Let's Go Cardinals!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Cards achievement is incredible! Way it stands though cards will play either Cubs or pirates, surely you'd rather have mets or Dodgers! Yankees are making hard work of confirming that wildcard spot! Mean while Texans,Astros,Angles and Twins all fighting for the final few couple of post season spots, Texans v angles final series is going to be a thriller!! Phillies sweep the mets and just need to win 1 to avoid the 100 loss!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Congratulations Bluejays. First title in twenty years.

But forgive me for loving The St Louis Cardinals this morning.

Imagine your team being top of the league from start to finish!
I wonder if The Albion could possibly emulate that.

Let's Go Cardinals!

Red birds vs Blue Jays World Series? Worth a flutter?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"For the 7th time in Franchise history, the Texas Rangers have clinched a berth in post-season play..."

Check out this play from Josh Hamilton against the Angels in the clincher last night. This is the guy who the Angels paid the Rangers to take his contract off their hands earlier in the season, on the back of his substance-misuse relapse and knee injury. They must be gutted. This is why he took the Rangers to the World Series 2010 and 2011 and got ALMVP 2010.

http://m.rangers.mlb.com/tex/video/...ith-wall-after-grab/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

Bring on the play-offs. #NeverEverQuit

PG

PS daves143 - never call us the "Texans" it's the Rangers. PPS thanks for Hammels!

Last edited:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Really happy for Cole hamels although a little weird seeing him celebrating.but well done Rangers! hope Astros get in too that would be another great story and rise!

Who would you rather face royals or blue Jays?! Either would be a real tough game.

Ps, no thank you guys, the prospects we got from that deal are already looking good espically Eickhoff what a pitcher he's proving to be already he's already shut out the nats and mets with 10+ k's in both games!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twins closed in last night to being just 1 game back from the Angels and the Astros for that final wildcard slot. All or nothing then on a 3 game home stand vs the Royals this weekend, and they're ALL shown live on MLB.com.

That's my next 3 evenings snorted.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Problem for twins is royals are still fighting for the best record in the AL so I can't see them easing up in the final series, will be a great series though! See all the games are free this weekend so will be flicking between twins, Astros, Rangers and phillies games!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports