Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Four years on this still gives me goosebumps

Rangers fans look away now

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
He did indeed. Local boy, born in Missouri too.

And then we let him go and join Albert at Disneyland

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Problem for twins is royals are still fighting for the best record in the AL so I can't see them easing up in the final series, will be a great series though! See all the games are free this weekend so will be flicking between twins, Astros, Rangers and phillies games!

Yeah, really could've done with the Royals being in party mode already, but it should make for a cracking series. We're 7-9 vs the Royals this season so not too shabby. Santana is pitching, he's 4-0 in his last 6 starts with a 1.47 ERA, and has lasted at least 7 innings in that run, so I think he'll give us a chance at least. We're needing snookers of course, but after claiming the wooden spoon last year, its frankly astonishing that they're now actually playing meaningful baseball in October. Bonkers in fact. Whatever happens this weekend, the Twins have been a lot of fun to watch.

My 72 wins bet came in weeks ago, and I invested some of the winnings in a Torii Hunter shirt :thumbsup: Loveit.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Four years on this still gives me goosebumps

Rangers fans look away now

Your right, I've never been able to watch this again after watching it live at the time. It's what makes Baseball great though. Would love the chance to put it right, although I know it's a long shot. Unlike the Cards, we were dead last in the AL West at the end of April. #NeverEverQuit. Just need to beat the Disneys again tonight to clinch the division.

PG

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Yeah, really could've done with the Royals being in party mode already, but it should make for a cracking series. We're 7-9 vs the Royals this season so not too shabby. Santana is pitching, he's 4-0 in his last 6 starts with a 1.47 ERA, and has lasted at least 7 innings in that run, so I think he'll give us a chance at least. We're needing snookers of course, but after claiming the wooden spoon last year, its frankly astonishing that they're now actually playing meaningful baseball in October. Bonkers in fact. Whatever happens this weekend, the Twins have been a lot of fun to watch.

My 72 wins bet came in weeks ago, and I invested some of the winnings in a Torii Hunter shirt :thumbsup: Loveit.

Wow yes I 'm forgot how bad you guys and the Astros were last year, amazing turn around! It's teams like you that gives me hope phillies can turn it around like that. What odds were the twins for 70+ wins? Might do same with phillies next year.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
While we're talking post season baseball anyone want to stick their neck out with some predictions?!

Wildcard winners
Cubs
Yankees

NLDS winners
Cardinals
Dodgers

ALDS WINNERS
ROYALS
BLUE JAYS

NLCS champions
Cardinals

ALCS champions
Blue Jays

World Series
Blue jays

However would love to see someone like cubs,Astros,Rangers,twins get to the World Series.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Twins closed in last night to being just 1 game back from the Angels and the Astros for that final wildcard slot. All or nothing then on a 3 game home stand vs the Royals this weekend, and they're ALL shown live on MLB.com.

That's my next 3 evenings snorted.

Its getting quite exciting isnt it Easy!!!! The youth players have really stepped up this year! And all done on a shoestring! (well, by baseball standards anyway). Next year, if we keep the players we can go for it but if we don't make it this year it won't be a disaster... a real success for a team that was expected to finish bottom of everything this year. GO TWINS!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wow yes I 'm forgot how bad you guys and the Astros were last year, amazing turn around! It's teams like you that gives me hope phillies can turn it around like that. What odds were the twins for 70+ wins? Might do same with phillies next year.

I got evens on 71.5 wins. They finished rock bottom 70-92 last year, so they really didn't need a DRAMATIC improvement, and once they binned off Gardenhire, and brought in Molitor, I was pretty confident they'd kick on and start moving in the right direction - although I certainly didn't expect a run at post-season. Molitor bringing back a wily old veteran like Hunter has been a masterstroke, he's a big character on and off the field, and has produced with 22 HR's and 81 RBI's. But the real revelation has been the rookies - Sano, Rosario, Hicks and now Buxton have all come in and performed well. The bullpen is still a little vulnerable, but if they can address that, then they really could be a team to watch again next year.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I got evens on 71.5 wins. They finished rock bottom 70-92 last year, so they really didn't need a DRAMATIC improvement, and once they binned off Gardenhire, and brought in Molitor, I was pretty confident they'd kick on and start moving in the right direction - although I certainly didn't expect a run at post-season. Molitor bringing back a wily old veteran like Hunter has been a masterstroke, he's a big character on and off the field, and has produced with 22 HR's and 81 RBI's. But the real revelation has been the rookies - Sano, Rosario, Hicks and now Buxton have all come in and performed well. The bullpen is still a little vulnerable, but if they can address that, then they really could be a team to watch again next year.

Our pitching still isn't great... especially the bullpen..... what a relief Sano has come up trumps... we've been waiting for this moment for about two years... the whole will he won't he.... well, he did and now the challenge is to keep him. Mauer I thought started the season weak but seem to have found form second half.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton

Twins could be like the royals from last year. Royals built up momentum and a winning run/mentality at the end when it mattered and scrapped into the wildcard game,, then took that momentum and sky high confidence to get within 1 game of the World Series! Twins could mirror that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its getting quite exciting isnt it Easy!!!! The youth players have really stepped up this year! And all done on a shoestring! (well, by baseball standards anyway). Next year, if we keep the players we can go for it but if we don't make it this year it won't be a disaster... a real success for a team that was expected to finish bottom of everything this year. GO TWINS!

Absolutely !
Whatever happens this weekend, if they just miss out then its still been a brilliant season and such a dramatic turnaround. As you say, the youth players have all done great, and it bodes really well for 2016. I neglected to mention the emergence of Tyler Duffy on the mound, who's 5-1 with a 3.10 ERA, he picked up another win last night, he looks the real deal already.

Tonights game will be a little late, 12.10am. But tomorrow they start at 6.05pm GMT, so that'll be a dash back from the Amex for a few beers and some chewed nails in front of that. Marvellous :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Absolutely !
Whatever happens this weekend, if they just miss out then its still been a brilliant season and such a dramatic turnaround. As you say, the youth players have all done great, and it bodes really well for 2016. I neglected to mention the emergence of Tyler Duffy on the mound, who's 5-1 with a 3.10 ERA, he picked up another win last night, he looks the real deal already.

Tonights game will be a little late, 12.10am. But tomorrow they start at 6.05pm GMT, so that'll be a dash back from the Amex for a few beers and some chewed nails in front of that. Marvellous :)

Wish I had your time to watch the games but it's great that there is someone even more Twins than me on here ;) Crossing fingers but refuse to get too excited...... yet

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twins could be like the royals from last year. Royals built up momentum and a winning run/mentality at the end when it mattered and scrapped into the wildcard game,, then took that momentum and sky high confidence to get within 1 game of the World Series! Twins could mirror that!

I'm trying hard not to get carried away here...and you're NOT helping :wink:

Wish I had your time to watch the games but it's great that there is someone even more Twins than me on here ;) Crossing fingers but refuse to get too excited...... yet

Yup, as we well know, a kick in the teeth is never more than a badly timed errant pitch away, and in all probability they will fall just a little short this season. But regardless, its made for great viewing all year. If you'd offered me a .500 season in the spring then I'd have taken that all day long, but to be 7 games above that at .522 now is mental.

So glad I found that Bet365 live inplay window, where you can watch EVERY game live for nuffin. Not so sure the missus is quite as happy, but its only 6 months at a time innit. :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm trying hard not to get carried away here...and you're NOT helping :wink:

Yup, as we well know, a kick in the teeth is never more than a badly timed errant pitch away, and in all probability they will fall just a little short this season. But regardless, its made for great viewing all year. If you'd offered me a .500 season in the spring then I'd have taken that all day long, but to be 7 games above that at .522 now is mental.

So glad I found that Bet365 live inplay window, where you can watch EVERY game live for nuffin. Not so sure the missus is quite as happy, but its only 6 months at a time innit. :thumbsup:

WHATTTTTT!!!!!! does that work outside the UK?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To which the answer is no... live betting sites are banned in Turkey :(

Ahhh...bummer. Bloody TURKS.

Well you can't actually go full screen on it anyway, at least I've not found a way, so its only about less than a quarter size window, which can cause a bit of SQUINTAGE. But it has the proper US commentary on it, so I nearly always have it on if I'm up while they're playing (which is more often than not)), even if its just background.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I think tomorrow is the official WEAR YOUR BASEBALL SHIRT TO THE AMEX day

I'll see you there [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]_10

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think tomorrow is the official WEAR YOUR BASEBALL SHIRT TO THE AMEX day

I'll see you there [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]_10

pMLB2-20341580nm.jpg

:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ahhh...bummer. Bloody TURKS.

Well you can't actually go full screen on it anyway, at least I've not found a way, so its only about less than a quarter size window, which can cause a bit of SQUINTAGE. But it has the proper US commentary on it, so I nearly always have it on if I'm up while they're playing (which is more often than not)), even if its just background.

Ive got Fox Sports which gives a game a day which is repeated two or three times but its hardly ever the Twins. Still I'm checking regularly....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here