Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2012

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm thinking of going to a game, at the end of the season.

Where's the best place to sit in the $40 -$70 price bracket?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I'm thinking of going to a game, at the end of the season.

Where's the best place to sit in the $40 -$70 price bracket?

It really depends on which ball park you are going too? Most grounds offer discounted seats in the outfield, this is normally in the sunshine and quite often feature all you can eat offers so all your food would be included. Personal preference always comes into play. The most expensive seats are behind home plate but personally I prefer to be either first base or third base line. More chance of catching a ball that way too and you see more of the action.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
AZ Diamondbacks for me. I have family in Phoenix and have been to 2 of their matches, one of which was in San Francisco.

Lets go D-Backs, was at a game last year v the Dodgers, Tatman hit a walk off grand slam homer in the bottom of the 10th to win the game....unbelievable!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It really depends on which ball park you are going too? Most grounds offer discounted seats in the outfield, this is normally in the sunshine and quite often feature all you can eat offers so all your food would be included. Personal preference always comes into play. The most expensive seats are behind home plate but personally I prefer to be either first base or third base line. More chance of catching a ball that way too and you see more of the action.
If I go I'll be going to Nat'nals Park to see Bryce Harper.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's getting very close in division east with the phillies putting a great run together....mets games are close

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least with the Packers, the other half of my possible bucket list trip, I know were I stand (or sit in this case). I can't afford the cheapest.
21 separate prices for 1 stadium seems a little excessive.
Washington Nationals Ticketing

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm having trouble finding a live feed of The Nat'nals.

It sees the MLB has it locked down better than the NBA & NFL.

Any help?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
And so we arrive at the All Star break.

Yankees in first no surprise but the Orioles in second! I've only been watching baseball since 1985. I can't remember seeing Baltimore so high at half way
The rest of the AL pretty much going to form.

On the senior circuit, I am sure they are singing a version of the old North Stand favourite "The NL East is upside down" Not only are the Nats on top buy the Phillies have just a .430 record and are 14 games back.
There is also something odd going on in the NL central. Not a great surprise that the Cubs and Astros are slugging it out for the wooden spoon (and indeed for the worst team in baseball with the Rockies of the NLW) before the end of June, not frankly that your World Series Champion St Louis Cardinals are 3 games back, but to the Pirates? FFS

Predictions at half way

Dodgers win WS in 6 games over the Yankees

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This time last year I was excited - but not even I would have dreamed that The St Louis Cardinals would be World Series Champions seven months later

Not this season though, I can feel your pain from here, Giants are definately the come back kids in the post season that's twice in two they have done it

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Its in the bag..........

Attachments

• 2896.gif
    2896.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 24

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The Tigers deserve to be slight favourites but personally I'm a bit surprised to find the Giants are 6-4 on Betfair. The last three teams to reach the WS with a sweep up against a team that had gone to 7 games in its championship series all got beaten, including Detroit six years ago vs St Louis. All went down in no more than 5 games too. The Tigers have apparently been a lot busier during this extended break than they were last time, when I seem to recall they were also favourites for the WS, but it's still a worry. A lot of the confidence depends on Verlander getting two wins too, and while he is as good as any big-game pitcher in the business, he was 17-8 in the regular season, not 25-0. The Giants have four games at home, if they could carry the momentum through to Wednesday night while the Tigers and Verlander come back a bit rusty, they could be up and running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here