Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2012

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Go phillies

This is our year. Put your shirt on it!!!!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Angels for me. Any team with a firework shooting, waterfall spurting rockery in the stadium gets my vote. Actually, that might work well in one of the corners at the Amex.

Also like the Boston Red Sox for no other reason than I was a big Cheers fan.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Go Rangers! 3peat to the Fall Classic? 3rd time lucky?

We've signed a whizz Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish to replace the coolest dude in sports, CJ Wilson who defected to divison rivals the Angels.

Let's play ball!

PG

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Backing Detroit at 12-1 as they look almost certain to make the postseason, and San Francisco at 20-1 as they don't need to find much improvement to figure and Buster Posey's return could make all the difference.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
SF Giants

The wife and I were travelling in 2001 and after watching baseball in bars and listening on the Roberts radio in the middle of nowhere, managed to get to our first baseball game at Pac Bell (as was) and their first game after 9/11. Strolled into the Giants shop the day before and got tickets right behind the catcher, 20 odd rows back.

Great team that year, Bonds, Kent, Santiago, Aurilia etc. Always had been a cricket fan and have loved baseball every since.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Have been to Shea and Yankee stadium, although Yankee stadium ( the old one) was impressive I always felt the Mets were the team for me. Will be a long hard season for Mets Fans.... Got a feeling for the phillies!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No chance for our lot, sadly. :nono:

I know but I've been a Jays fan since April '77 and just like The Albion, good or bad I'm stuck with 'em.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Me and my brother are in New York at the start of October and are thinking about seeing Yankees v Red Sox. However knowing very little about baseball, there seem to be 3 fixtures between them on 1st-3rd October. Is it 3 completely different games? Are any of the days better to see? I don't really understand why they're playing each other 3 days running!

Any ideas?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Me and my brother are in New York at the start of October and are thinking about seeing Yankees v Red Sox. However knowing very little about baseball, there seem to be 3 fixtures between them on 1st-3rd October. Is it 3 completely different games? Are any of the days better to see? I don't really understand why they're playing each other 3 days running!

Any ideas?

It will be 3 totally seperate games. I understand they quite often have these mini-series of games in quick succession.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Any ideas?

Forget the Yankees - the Mets are the cool New York baseball team. Cheaper tickets as well

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The baseball schedule is nothing like our fixture list.

First - in the regular season - they play 162 games per season, 81 of them at home.
They play up to seven days a week, and for eaxmple the Yankees only have two days off between 1st September and October 3rd.
They start the month completing a series against Baltimore on Sunday 2nd and then start a three game series in Tampa the next day, followed by a further four game series in Baltimore. A day off and then three games in Boston, back home next day for three games with the Rays, a day off and then sixteen straight days with series against Toronto, Oakland, Minesota and Boston.

Have you ever heard our poor cricketers complaining they play too much cricket? When for half the afternoon they are watching their mates batting from the balcony.

The Yankees three games in October will be the final three games of the season between these bitter rivals, and if recent seasons are anything to go by, they are likely to help decide the Divisional winners.
In other words expect quite an atmosphere.
Also don't wait to get tickets and don't expect it to be cheap.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thanks for the advice.

I had a look at Mets tickets, but they are playing away the entire time we're in New York. I don't know much about baseball, but I know the Yankees are Red Sox are rivals, and the cheaper tickets seem to be $30 for the grandstand which seems fairly reasonable. Not too fussed about being close to the action, as would be there for the experience more than anything.

Any other tips? Am very much a Baseball "JCL"!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here