Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2012

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Once again as our football season draws to an exciting close with the Albion chasing promotion again, the evenings are getting lighter, the days warmer and its time to look forward to another great baseball season.

Indeed due to MLB's version of the 39th (and 40th and 41st) game, the 2012 MLB season is already underway as the A's and Mariners have split the first two games, not in Oakland or Seattle, but on the other side of the Pacific - in Japan!

This time last year I was excited - but not even I would have dreamed that The St Louis Cardinals would be World Series Champions seven months later.

This year with La Russa and Pujols gone, the atmosphere is less optimistic even than a year ago. Nonetheless you never know.

Last Year was a Albion/Cardinals Champions double

This season both to make the Play-Offs ?

Which teams also have a following on here ?

Its always good to hear from optimistic Cubs fans early in the year :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have to be a Washington fan, only because I listen to Tony Kornheiser's radio show podcast (Washington local radio)
Which means I know:-

Steve Strasberg will throw well but not a full season, a year after his Tommy John surgery. :shrug:
Bryce Harper will see out the bulk of the season in AAA :shrug:
I did know something else but have forgotten it :shrug:
The Natnals will be THE team of 2013 :shrug:

I hope this helps.

Oh and the game in Japan kicked off at 3:15 am local time, but couldn't be seen anyway as there was a blackout.
And we think the FA is inept.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Blue Jays

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Backing the Mets - the perennial under-achievers. Great stadium, plenty of fans just not that good on the field! They will have to pay out about $160 million in the coming years to settle the Bernie Madoff case which doesn’t exactly help.

Hate the Yankees

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
My brother in law, a Chicago man , is always optimistic at this time of year. Early excitment at Wrigley Fields and then after a few games acceptance that it is not going to be their season. Ive been there a couple of times - really enjoyable. Anybody know if Cubs have a chance this year?

damo1971

Jun 21, 2011
I follow Yankees

Simple reason the only baseball ground I have been to was the old Yankee stadium and was able to walk on the actual diamond, near second base.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tampa Bay :) Good team, hard division / conference whatever with both the Yankees and Red Sox. Still we tend to make the play-offs ahead of one of them and been lots of exciting seasons recently :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Mariners for me, enjoyed yesterday, but not this morning. Don't follow baseball as much as gridiron or basketball but will make the effort this year. Will also keep an eye on the Nats as they are the Washington team and who wouldn't hope that the Cubs could finally do something.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Hi Nigel, Tampa Bay Rays here. Hopefully see you again soon. Think I saw you in Liverpool. Slightly lost track of where the Rays are on the player front though. It's been a while since I was there.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Got some money down on the Angels to win things this year.
Think they've strengthed a pretty decent team very well...

Can't wait to see Pujols and Wilson in action down there in a few weeks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here