Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Should be retrospective action, but FL have no balls and I think Pawson would need to review it and then put in a different opinion to his onfield cluelessness
= no chance.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Parliament should be recalled and questions asked in the house.

Seriously though, to not even get booked is beyond weak reffing, Pawson did not get the opportunity to send off a Brigton player so he refused to send off a Burnley player, twice.
I hope the club make very strong complaints about this.
I am not disagreeing with any of the post match comments today, but Barton is a very influential player, and not to send him off played a major part in the result.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
That was a career ending injury in the making by Barton and to be fair it was in perfect view of the lino who bottled it. Kayal had owned him all game and Barton could not deal with it. Just seen Dyche interviewed and I now think he is the biggest tool in football, with 21 points to play for there will be more twists and turns to come, really hope Burnley blow it.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Pawson (assisted by the Lino) absolutely bottled it. Scared shitless of the 'big name' player in a big game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The fact that he was still on the pitch and was instrumental in them getting that corner by winning a dubious free kick cost us two points, may have even cost us promotion. What the he'll was the ref doing - was he scared of him? Disgusting.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The stamp was a red every day of the week, the referee must not have seen it. Hopefully Barton will get a ban once the match is reviewed.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Thuggish players, t**t of a manager and nasty fans. S**t club from top to bottom, accurately matching their home town. Barton is a disgrace.
Side note, is Stockdale banned now?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Yoda

English & European
That was a career ending injury in the making by Barton and to be fair it was in perfect view of the lino who bottled it. Kayal had owned him all game and Barton could not deal with it. Just seen Dyche interviewed and I now think he is the biggest tool in football, with 21 points to play for there will be more twists and turns to come, really hope Burnley blow it.

Totally this, that could've ended up as either a broken leg or dislocated knee the way Barton came down on Kayal. Totally disgraceful and cannot be defended at all. Used to like Dyche as a clean, to the point, talking manager until his interview after the match.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Totally this, that could've ended up as either a broken leg or dislocated knee the way Barton came down on Kayal. Totally disgraceful and cannot be defended at all. Used to like Dyche as a clean, to the point, talking manager until his interview after the match.

He was equally classless and deluded after our game at Turf Moor.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
It was Dych's reaction to the post match interview that gave the game away. His reply to 'should Barton have been red carded', was to not answer but lead on about Knockhaert's tackle in the first half. I bet my pension Dych told Barton to stop Kayal anyway possible during the half time talk, but to attempt to break his leg is below the pale. Chris Powell & Peter Beagrie just looked at each other in disbelief at his response. I just hope the FA have the balls to take action in retrospect, but I doubt it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Every time Barton took Kayal out he made sure he went down himself to pretend it was a 50/50.

He played the "Always the victim, never to blame" card well and the ref bought it.

The ref only gave a drop ball for the elbow.

08f5e409400cd34ef0eb64559c33c01c.jpg
d8ede38cfee4f222b739d57f42980c6e.jpg

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
People in the queue on the way back to Brighton said that Barton threw a punch at Dunk when they equalised, and then Dunk threw one back, both missing. Is this true?

Also he obviously said something really bad to Knockaert as at the end AK was really going for Barton and had to be led away from him. Knockaert must have heard something really bad to go for him the way he did, I can see action being taken against Barton who should have been sent off earlier for the stamp on Kayal

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Barton should have been off for that challenge - no questions asked. Ref and Lino bottled it.

As for Dyche's comments post match - what a prize bellend. Saying Barton was just looking to win the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here