Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley wearing Palace's kit

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The only good thing about this is Barnsley had to rush to the club shop and pay for the shirts and have all the names put on the back !
I hope they made the kit man pay.
Tin pot or what ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The only good thing about this is Barnsley had to rush to the club shop and pay for the shirts and have all the names put on the back !
Tin pot or what ?

Haven't Palace been involved in games such yesterday before where the away team did not bring a kit that didn't clash? I would have thought it can't have been the first occasion due to the red/blue combination of Palace's shirts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tin pot or what ?

Is that really true? Utterly tin pot. What a shitty, cheap thing for Palace to do.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Just read Barnsley had to get 20 tops printed up.
That adds up to about a grand, all helps to stave off another administration :thumbsup:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Even with 2 teams in Palace shirts they could not must a goal.

Technically 5 games without a goal for teams playing in a Palace shirt.

Great time for the slip up.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
In December 1973, Bristol Rovers scored eight in a kit supplied by us. (Their red and white away kit was not distinct enough from our stripes for viewers watching in black and white).

Christ!, I remember that game. I bet a few left early that day, 5-0 at half time I seem to recall.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Saw Worzel was trying to justify Palace not wearing their away kit,to allow Barnsley to wear their own strip, probally cos the amount of Palace plastics at Selhurst yesterday would have supported the wrong team, as they wouldn't have recognised their own away kit

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is that really true? Utterly tin pot. What a shitty, cheap thing for Palace to do.

What is really tin pot is this remark by the Palace chairman this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade
I hope you got cash!

10:01 AM
CPFC2010's
4 Palace Fans Join Date: May 2010

Maybe that's what he was complaining about. Nothing left for fish and chips on the way home....

How could Crystal Palace remark about any other club not having money to pay for things? Palace FFS!!!

I see their Chairman has been posting again on BBS with his usual lack of class regarding this.

Insinuating Barnsley are skint and they're only upset about having to pay for the shirts because they wouldn't have enough money for fish and chips on the trip home.

Utter, utter classless man.

edit, beaten to it, blast.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
I haven't seen the programme yet myself so don't know what was said.

Barnsley brought red shirts and blue shirts but the ref wouldn't let them wear either. They wanted us to wear our away kit but we refused which upset their manager.

They had to buy 20 Palace away shirts in the club shop and get them printed with names and numbers. I don't think that they were too happy about having to pay for them but I don't see why. They're no good to us with Barnsley players' names on them.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Barnsley brought red shirts and blue shirts but the ref wouldn't let them wear either. They wanted us to wear our away kit but we refused which upset their manager.

They had to buy 20 Palace away shirts in the club shop and get them printed with names and numbers. I don't think that they were too happy about having to pay for them but I don't see why. They're no good to us with Barnsley players' names on them.

Can you imagine Tony Bloom doing that? Nope.

The worst thing it Parish seems so very pleased with himself the whole thing. Little victories I suppose.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I'd be thoroughly embarrassed if that came from our Chairman. Thank god that will never happen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Having said that it avoids a fine. Barsnley knew palace are red and blue so why the **** do they have a blue away kit why not a third or a yellow.

yes palace lack class by making them pay but if i was the FL i would be fining them on top. unforgivable.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

After having some sympathy with the scummers last night, on reading this I've changed my mind completely. That statement is sad and shows them up to be a pathetic, classless bunch of twunts. Fancy making them pay for palace shirts because you wouldn't want them back, utter utter pricks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here