Barnsley vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i dont care what anyone else says tonight is massive we need 3 points and nothing less is good enough and we need a win to go into the biggest game of the season against the scum crystal palace

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wish people would stop going on about the Palace game. Tonight's game is the most important, at this moment in time. Palace becomes more important after tonight. When was the last time we played the bottom placed side, twice in a week. Three points is a must tonight, they are bottom for a reason and if we go up there looking for a point, then god help us all...They have lost eight games at home, if we don't take three points tonight, then we don't deserve to finish top six.

Exactly how I feel. If we don't get 3 points tonight, we'll need all 6 from Palace and Forest, so let's make it easier for ourselves.

Would be nice to WIN a game in hand for a change.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Inclined to agree that a draw, while not mathematically catastrophic, just would not feel good enough. 2 points from 9 is nothing like playoff form.

Win please.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Wish people would stop going on about the Palace game. Tonight's game is the most important, at this moment in time. Palace becomes more important after tonight. When was the last time we played the bottom placed side, twice in a week. Three points is a must tonight, they are bottom for a reason and if we go up there looking for a point, then god help us all...They have lost eight games at home, if we don't take three points tonight, then we don't deserve to finish top six.

I agree with some of this, but I would love to know the last time we went anywhere looking for a point - you may not believe it, but we play every game looking to win it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Thanks for posting that MacKenzie. After listening to that i feel a lot more confident about us getting a positive result tonight. Flitcroft sounded very edgy. Doesn't seem like he's handling the pressure very well. Wasn't happy with that question about him dropping the fans favourite Hassell.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I agree with some of this, but I would love to know the last time we went anywhere looking for a point - you may not believe it, but we play every game looking to win it.

I simply cannot agree. I know that's what Poyet pipes out, but how can you take that seriously when you don't muster a shot on target in 90 mins, against a team bottom of the table. It simply doesn't stack up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks for posting that MacKenzie. After listening to that i feel a lot more confident about us getting a positive result tonight. Flitcroft sounded very edgy. Doesn't seem like he's handling the pressure very well. Wasn't happy with that question about him dropping the fans favourite Hassell.
Yes, that was a really odd response. Obviously a sore subject, it also sounded like they were missing a few defenders tonight which helps us.

Just need the team to perform now I guess.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009

You obviously weren't at the Bristol City game. In my view, lack of 2nd half subbs etc. City having won previous 4 at home - Gus was looking not to lose - ie was looking for a point and not 3.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
We really ought to come away from this with a win, but I'm not sure based on our form away from home. Null points would be a disaster, a draw would be disappointing but an OK result, a win is what we could really do with though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We really ought to come away from this with a win, but I'm not sure based on our form away from home. Null points would be a disaster, a draw would be disappointing but an OK result, a win is what we could really do with though.

Think we will win this one but agree a draw is ok..Surprisingly our away form this season (6th best) is better than our home form (11th best).
Admittedly our last two away games have been poor performance, ok result followed by good performance, bad result.

It could be argued (and has been ad nauseum) our caution at home is more of a problem than our away results.

The approach has been to be hard to beat home and away....But it is time to go for it at home now.
Win all our home games, Draw all away games and we will be in the play offs.

Here's hoping :albion2:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bet my V Cash on a draw but it's more so I'm not as fed up IF we fail to win. For me with such tough games coming up this one is win or don't make the play-offs! (Doesn't equal failed season though lets make that clear)!!!!!

Oh and who the opposition is is far more relevant than home / away for the next 9 games I feel

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I simply cannot agree. I know that's what Poyet pipes out, but how can you take that seriously when you don't muster a shot on target in 90 mins, against a team bottom of the table. It simply doesn't stack up.

A team that then beat Middlesborough 2-0, wasn't great to watch but a well earned draw, we then mullered Bolton but lost 0-1.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Before the Bristol game I said we'd get 2 points out of the 3 games. This one will be another draw.

I said I'd bite your hands off if someone offered us four points, despite some daft predictions of 5, 6 or even 7.

Barnsley away is never easy and we will do well to get a point. Two points from the three games will be a point below what I'd have considered par before Bristol City.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I said I'd bite your hands off if someone offered us four points, despite some daft predictions of 5, 6 or even 7.

Barnsley away is never easy and we will do well to get a point. Two points from the three games will be a point below what I'd have considered par before Bristol City.
3 points is a must and nothing less is good enough and i dont care what you say back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports